Vogue Italia June 2018 : Mica, Rianne & Doutzen by Willy Vanderperre

Can't believe the cover says have a nice time, everyone looks so depressed.
And please can we not do any filters or flowers, sunglasses and watermelons and add to the pictures? Even if it's just for Instagram, it looks childish.

I cannot abide edits like Sonic Youth. Quite like Veronica Kunz' shoot though my standout of the issue remains the beauty editorial

I've tried to reserve opinion on the new team and direction..... But this all feels VERY tired doesn't it

Good to see Andrea Artemisio in their mix, but his work in POP has been much more fresh and contemporary

Sonic Youth feels like a punch in the face. It's actually frustrating how depressing and, dare I say, disgusting this is. :sick::sick::sick:

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out before, but the idea of the cover and editorial is actually pretty thought-provoking. For so long, we've been seeing fashion's fetish for portraying women as dead bodies and now, VI seems to try to portray the opposite by having nameless, faceless men as--pardon the slight oxymoron--corpse-like flesh and blood. However, Willy's lazy, severely sterile photography--which I'm pretty sure he considers subversive or stark--turns every image into a parade of insipidity. In the hands of someone like Meisel circa mid-late 00s, the concept of the cover and editorial could've been more effectively and arrestingly fleshed out.

^Very eloquent! Thank you. However I don't share this perspective at all. Every girl in this edit is captured as lethargic and lifeless as possible. Same **** different flies to me unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimble
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->