style.it

screencapped by Magfan

style.it

there is one more photo but I can't post it by imageshack

Last edited by a moderator:
she's totally sporting prada fall 09 make-up
love the eyeshadows
colour palette reminds me of spices stand at the market

Finally a VI Meisel story I'm really really really excited about. Everything is perfect. Sasha looks perfect. The styling is perfect. The colours are gorgeous. Love the lay out with the vintage Morocco photo's. Love the contrastive colours. Meisel did a glorious job!

Its a stunning cover, i really like it, and i love the main editorial, its so vivid and mysterious.

I'm not liking the flowers on the cover, I don't get it :(

I'm very happy to see Sasha, and I think the main editorial is very interesting, nice to see a good Meisel story after the disaster of last month :heart:

the content doesn't look that interesting, we can be surprised so I look forward to seeing it !

Thank you for posting :flower:

Here is the last shot from style.it. Screencapped by me:

Sasha's pose is channelling Ingres' Odalisque to perfection!

Attachments

• sashavimay09.jpg
    sashavimay09.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 527
I love it! (little disappointed for cover girl is not Irina K)

Here is one of Ingres' paitings. an obvious reference:

Janson.p665.gif

math.dartmouth.edu

And I was also reminded by this odalisk painting by the Dutch artist Jan Wiegers:

jan_wiegers_odalisk_1955_400.jpg

groningermuseum.nl.

He is not that famous outside of the Netherlands, so I can't imagine Meisel knew about him. But I think the use of colours is very similair.

The editorial is amazing, much better than the cover! I would like to know who the male model is, too!

^a review was already given. Chech the previous pages.

^ Honestly speaking, I don't think Meisel is inspired by any
of the paintings, the editorial actually has a very general feel of Moroccan luxury.
I think it is more likely he combined his impression of Morocco with his own aesthetics.

hate the cover. sorry just hate those little flowerish things everywhere. it's disgusting.
but love the editorial. and love the layout (??? art direction ???) of the editorial.

not excited about the rest of the magazine. but wanna see.

of the paintings, the editorial actually has a very general feel of Moroccan luxury.
I think it is more likely he combined his impression of Morocco with his own aesthetics.
But odalisks were a part of Moroccan luxury...

I agree that he is probably not inspired by the Jan Wiegers painting as I said before.
But Sasha's pose in the last pic is just screaming 'odalisk' to me. But eacht to their own of course :flower:

I gree the cover is baad and the expresion face of Sasha is the same of the all vogue covers of she no good cover, the editorial is good have a good colors.But i think is better Morroco story in morroco no in studio and theecenografy is bad and cheap, maybe is better the story of Daria in VogueUK in morroco show the ecence of the place

I think it's pretty obvious that Sasha pose is inspired by the odalisque for the last pic !
Of course he combined his impression of Morocco with his own aesthetics but the poses are very reminiscent of it.

good eye Mikel :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->