Vogue Italia May 2009 : Sasha Pivovarova by Steven Meisel

The main editorial reminds me a little bit of the 'Hammam' ed that Mert&Marcus did with Kate Moss in W Magazine. And I must say, in my point of view, that ed was way better and sexy.

^ They are not really similar though, Hammam is more of a Turkish bath theme :flower:

Nice for Sasha to continue working with Meisel after all these years, she really is something special.

i would have prefered another model besides this hideous mongrel, but the cover is great.

thanks for posting! can't wait to see what's inside! :flower:

The cover is stunning, it really captures Sasha's beauty

How many pages does this issue have?

I'm a little tired of this Moroccan drag theme that seems to be popping up ever since the Supreme package. The package itself was stellar but now everyone has jumped on this bandwagon. First time around it seems intriguing, second time around it seems amusing, third and fourth time it just seems like the same old boring cultural appropriation that fashion falls back on every other season. It's amazing. Finding an Arab high fashion model is this impossible struggle yet dressing up a girl from Moscow as a Bedouin is high art. Lazy. Lazy. Lazy.

And then six months from now it will be all about the indigenous people of Australia or maybe the Kayapo tribe. How chic! :innocent:

Wake me when this is over. Meisel has a gift but I just find this sort of thing so prevalent in fashion and so goddamn boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
^what other eds from the last half year were inspired by that Supreme package? I'm curious to know.

i don't even know this package everyone is talking about ...
and judging from the image posted before it makes me wanna go to the toilets ... it's horrible ! and soooo old looking !

but c'mone it's not like north-africa is not a common subject ...

ETA : it's here : http://www.suprememanagement.com/being/?p=2906
and it has nothing to do with this editorial - that is way much better than this old very commercial looking supreme package ...

Last edited by a moderator:
argh awful cover, i hate that shade of green and she is getting boring for me

I wish a different model would have been used, but Sasha's ed not the cover is gorgeous especially the colours.

^what other eds from the last half year were inspired by that Supreme package? I'm curious to know.

Off the top of my head I would say that Eliza's Vogue Italia cover was also the same sort of Arabian Nights-esque sort of thing. I need a moment (and come coffee) to think of more but I feel as though we've seen all this before.

I love the cover and Sasha's edito! :bounce:

Love the prada makeup on her. I like the ed too.

The editorial is gorgeous, I too wish Meisel would've used location...although we all know we only shoots in America so the authenticity would be gone.

Anyway I can't open the thumbnails but I like what I see, although this whole Travel theme is getting tired at this exact time of year IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->