Vogue Italia September 2019 : Vilma Sjöberg by Mert & Marcus & Adut Akech by Paolo Roversi

Review:
1. 'Peace' by Mert & Marcus
2. 'Longing' by Alasdair McLellan
3. 'Couture' by Paolo Roversi
4. 'Pause' by Vanina Sorrenti
5. 'Pagan' by Suffo Moncloa
6. 'Cult' by Genevieve Gaignard
7. 'Culture' by Mark Peckmezian

The EIC lacks the ability to choose a good cover. Every month there is always a better picture in one of the stories that would make a dynamic cover. The best cover of his tenure so far was Sara Grace. That was beautiful. I'm very angry that he didn't choose this shot. It would have been fabulous with a simple headline. Taste is something the EIC severely lacks.

3153eda52d4a4feab585010ffb23c7e3-4.jpg

Vogue Italia

I like the Adut cover and im glad it have nothing to do with the first cover...it doesn't have to be....i think people needs to forget about the previous era of VI, only a few users give interesting arguments beside the "I hate it"....VI will Never going back to what it was,so let's digest that and move on....and of course Farnetti will never be Franca.
I agree the EIC have little or no clue about editing a fashion magazine...i think GB departure was more something about ego related, but his vision helped a little more to enhanced the weak issues they produced....the current art director seems a little forced just to be different for the sake of it....
M&M Story is really good...

That's probably M&M's best editorial for VI under Farneti so far. I mean it's not particularly memorable, but well edited and the photos are very pretty. I just love the location (must be in Kent...oh the irony given today's events :rolleyes:). The rest of the issue probably doesn't have much to offer, but at least they've pulled themselves out of the rotting s-hole of last issue.

Adut’s cover looks like she just walked on set and they took one picture and were like “ok we’re done here”

Roversi's editorial is perfect. So far, this issue seems pretty solid with two amazing cover stories (minus the hideous font, of course). It's such a shame they didn't use Tsunaina's photo from Roversi's ed as a cover, she looks breathtaking!

Roversi is so talented. Love his work. Beautiful ed even if I am not a fan of having the stylist in front of the lens but anyway.

I love the fact they've made a Ready to Wear cover and one with Couture, like the old times. Why Farneti killed Vogue Unique? Anyway, at least you can see both collections in the same magazine

I love the fact they've made a Ready to Wear cover and one with Couture, like the old times. Why Farneti killed Vogue Unique? Anyway, at least you can see both collections in the same magazine

Although Paolo's ed is for Couture, on the cover Adut is still wearing Prads RTW. I think they have to do that because Prada is one of their biggest advertisers and it's on the cover of every September issue since the early 2000s (before Prada was always on October and Armani on September and then they switched months).

As for why they canceled the couture supplement, I guess it's the consequence of fewer advertisements. If you look at the couture supplement in the past, it often contained tons of ads from Valentino, Versace, Ungaro and various Italian brands. This is not the case anymore, even Valentino stopped having couture ads this year, just one year after they combine the couture content into the main issue.

I think i would like to buy Vogue Italia again. Both editorials looks very good to me. I cant understand why they are not using Roversi, Walker and other good photographers for the main editorials and covers. New wave is good but most of the new photographers has nothing to show. And as we all know very well, the eye has to travel....

As if Verderi himself isn't a meme enough, here's the digital cover...

and they are thinking they are so cool for trolling like this =B I'm surprised they didn't write 'Doggy Style'

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->