Vogue Japan January 2019 : Tilda Swinton by Peter Lindbergh

Lol what the actual flying f$?&! Good lord just burn it!!!!!

Oh my goodness.

That hair looks heavy af! I mean, come on!

Redeeming factor, we know what VJ would look like beyond the white background

However, its not a good look.

Easily the most ugliest Tilda Swinton cover yet. This hair doesn't suit her. And the Chanel pairing is extremely dated.

Easily the most ugliest Tilda Swinton cover yet. This hair doesn't suit her. And the Chanel pairing is extremely dated.

Or even one of the ugliest covers EVER.
Cannot believe this.

This might be the first time EVER that Tilda looks like crap!

I was expecting a crisp and edgy cover on their traditional white background. This however, looks very generic. I don't like that wig and I don't like that big Chanel earring. The juxtaposition between the very matronly looking outfit mixed with that hair, is jarring. She looks like an old lady participating in an "Edgy" photoshoot for Senior Fashionistas. She's quite statuesque and model-like. They could have done anything with her. What a wasted opportunity.

How dare they make Tilda freaking Swinton look like a Fashion Victim!!

You have her and this is the result? Really sad tbh.

That makeup somehow makes her look Asian

Lol I was immediately reminded of her role in Dr. Strange.

This looks like a bad cover from the 90s. Of all the wrong things here, the one I can't stand the most is her expression. I know she has rather thin lips, but the shot looks like a mixture of being ironically unmodelesque and getting caught mid-pose.

Who shot this atrocity btw? If this is what they could only offer to us when it comes to outdoor shoot, then they should've remained inside with Luigi and Iango. The duo may be safe, but they have rarely produced ugly shots like this.

Only situation that wig would be acceptable would be if she was in-character as some tacky 50yo mid western housewife

Actually don't find anything wrong with the cover. Thanks to that Japanese fun mom's hair, Tilda looks very Japanese. As long as it is for a Japanese Vogue, I don't mind it.

Nice change of backdrop - by Boo George perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->