Vogue Japan July 2020 : Kendall Jenner by Giampaolo Sgura

I quite like main ed here, very Bazaar 1998 under Liz...it would have been better if they cast someone else.

Cover is terrible with a capital T..:innocent:

I quite like main ed here, very Bazaar 1998 under Liz...it would have been better if they cast someone else.

Cover is terrible with a capital T..:innocent:

I was just going to say something very similar, the ed has a late 90's vibe. Obviously Kendall just doesn't have the energy or charisma to pull this off. With another model, this could have been a lovely ed.

This can be a boring Tod's ad. I don't like her as a model. She doesn't have range. And the worst part is that I also don't like Hailey B. but her team worked so hard to craved out a perfect persona and a type of look she acually model well in. Kendell started her career by using her last name (FACT) and she continues in the industry by being famous, Instagram-most followed list and friends with who's who and also a push from Anna. But she still doesn't have any persona or a type of look she's known for except from being dull.

As for this cover, a plain blank canvas has more positive energy than this.

Kylie has more range than her which is both sad and amusing given that if Kylie had Kendall's body she would completely demolish her in the modeling arena.

All the comments here about Giampaolo Sgura's creative impotence made me realise that in his career there's not even one cover, campaign or image that is memorable. The only thing that wasn't bad at all maybe Antidote Fall/Winter 2011-12 issue photographed entirely by him, but there's huge BUT: the whole issue seems to be some kind of homage to Avedon, Bourdin, Newton, Testino, so not much of Sgura's personality is present there. What is his personality and taste? Can someone identify or define it? As for recent stuff, I would really like to unsee that horrible amateurish black & white photoshoot with Pietro Boselli for V Man shot in some motel in 2019. Everything there seemed so forced to be spontaneous, and too spontaneous to be conceptually strong. The styling by George Cortina was just very very very bad too. Let alone dubious modelling skills by Pietro. What's going on with people in fashion lately? Who creates those alliances? Is there some kind of brotherhood of bad taste that only few people know about?

Oh, hey guys, look! They probably read the negative comments and released another version that is actually exudes positiveness. At least the color scheme is nice

So they had the better cover option this whole time but still picked that first cover? This is a much better cover

It might be a better pictus overall, but Kendull’s face is still giving me nothing. Bland as f*ck.

And I don’t like how the vertical lines of her panties emphasise how the saddle looks like a she awkwardly has a hot dog between her legs.

f5e9a840429f83f3581a53278b5615c4.gif

And I don’t like how the vertical lines of her panties emphasise how the saddle looks like a she awkwardly has a hot dog between her legs.

Damn you :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Second looks like commercial and instantly forgettable US Vogue covers from the end of the 90th. First one is at least truly awful

Vogue Japan July 2020

Kendall

Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Stylist: Elissa Santisi
Hair: Ward
Makeup: Helene Vasnier
Manicure: Karla Franciska Vicenio
Cast: Kendall Jenner

[URL='http://imgbox.com/EibhBrsO']
INyy5lvy_t.jpg
[/URL]
NgNeoDrN_t.jpg

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

The real star of the issue is Stella Maxwell actually. There's two spreads of her, one shot by Giulio Rustichelli and styled by Anna Dello Russo & Aurora Sansone is particularly beautiful.

Vogue Japan July 2020

The Maxwell Mini Series

Photographer: Giulio Rustichelli
Stylist: Anna Dello Russo, Aurora Sansone
Hair & Makeup: Andrew Guida
Cast: Stella Maxwell

t6PapFit_t.jpg
8BRuZ2O7_t.jpg

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

Last edited:
^This cover is stunning! It's not Vogue Japan at all, really more Germany to be honest, but it's way better than what we got.

I loathe the main cover, but the editorial is actually ok. Especially the shot of her with the gingham bralette. Stella's set by Sgura as well. It's nothing new, Elle France does this with their eyes closed, but that's perfect for summer.

The overly processed and photoshopped Rustichelli shoot I can do without though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->