Vogue Japan March 2020 by Luigi & Iango

This looks like a horrible fan-designed cover. The lost potential.... :cry:

I like the illustration, and the styling is very rare for Vogue Japan, but wow. Everything is far too clashy. Why not just give us a portrait shot of one girl (Edita!) and call it a day. The only one who benefits from this cover is the brand because those dresses are all in full view.

They all look great but this doens't look like a cover shot

We thought they refused to join the “Values” club but actually they just delayed it.

Well that’s a letdown

My thoughts exactly! And even more so after I’ve waited since October for Luigi & Iango to make their return.

Nevertheless, I’m thrilled to see Edita Vilkeviciute involved in this and there is bound to be some fabulous L&I portraits of the girls to follow... so I am keen to see the rest.

Looks like a snakepit of supermodels.

There seems to be a natural law in magazines that their output only gets worse with the passing of time. People used to complain about Vogue Japan's stark white backgrounds, but this would spark nostalgia for those days of simple cover shots with a straightforward focus.

People used to complain about Vogue Japan's stark white backgrounds, but this would spark nostalgia for those days of simple cover shots with a straightforward focus.

At their current rate, I badly miss the days when they cover the faces with their logo. At least the cover images were glamorous, captivating, and manifested a direction. I’d take those any day over what they’ve been producing over the past few days. A total mess.

Someone's clearly nostalgic for Vogue Italia. First thing that came to mind when I saw the group cover was Meisel's fantastic cover for Vogue Italia with Lara Stone drowning in exquisite patterns (clearly, Vogue Japan didn't do their best here, but it still reminded me of Lara's iconic cover).
Solo covers remind me even more of Franca's Vogue with that layout. It's what I wish Vogue Italia looked like today. Fabulous portraits by L+I, as usual. I'm really excited to see the complete editorial!

Doutzen's solo:

Am I the only one who kinda loves it? Might be a case of it's so bad, it's good, idk, but it works for me. I think the cast is what makes it. You just can't go wrong with that.

It's always astonishing how they manage to suck every bit of personality from the models and turn them into plastic clones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->