Vogue Mexico & Latin America June 2024 : Amelia Gray & Mathilda Gvarliani by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

I don't know what they see in her,
but all of her Vogue covers have been
underwhelming so far.

View attachment 1272444
Vogue Japan, España, Mexico
She is the next Kendall (At least she has the height compared to Iris Law or Hailey Bieber)
I don't blame the editorial director tho, they all have FOMO
Apart from Margaret Zhang, most of them have cut their teeth in Conde Nast for years, so they just have to play along in this industry

Inside is much better but they’ve failed to make a decent cover

I actually find Amelia's cover image to be the best photo. The ed is a mess, I hate their use of that perspective gimmick.

She is the next Kendall (At least she has the height compared to Iris Law or Hailey Bieber)
I don't blame the editorial director tho, they all have FOMO
Apart from Margaret Zhang, most of them have cut their teeth in Conde Nast for years, so they just have to play along in this industry
She is literally 5'8":ermm: is the height in the room with us right now ?
1716459560267.png

Inez & Vinoodh, huh? How sad. Their collage cover for Vogue Paris posted above, along with their Balenciaga and Calvin Klein campaigns in the same vein were some of their most interesting work creatively, imo. But this looks utterly cheap and horrid and I can't believe that it is produced by the same people who once used to create magic together.

Now that Jurgen, Willy, Sgura and Collier have practically disappeared, I&V's work has become evidently WORSE, since we don't have the low comparisons of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse...

I really want to like this cover and editorial because Inez & Vinoodh's work for Vogue Mexico and Latin America has been really exciting in the past but this is not my cup of tea. The results are hardly dynamic or exciting.

Amelia is so forced to me. No matter where she is, or what she's doing it feels inauthentic.
It doesn't feel multi-dimensional, it's more wanna-be. And unconvincingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->