Vogue Paris August 2008 : Daria Werbowy by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Diorette, thanks for your amazing scans and dedication, as always :flower:

BTW I don't understand why people have a problem with the "reality show" titles? It's clearly reality VS show, in Raquel's ed you see her wearing the outfits backstage at the shows and then in the streets, and in Sasha's you see a total look from a collection and in the next image how it would be adapted in real life with other designers' items...

I really love this issue so far :heart:

who is the model in the "en vogue" shooting??
omg she was such a well known model but i can't remember her name...
this issue is genius!!

Diorette ....thanks for all the excellent scans....:heart:

i luv the issue's concept "reality show" ....and i luv Raquel & Sasha's eds...can't wait to see Daria's full ed ....

And the issue is not the middle finger, the issue is Vogue Paris promoting cruelty.

On the issue of fur, as long as the two sides of the argument are freely available in society for people to read and consider, then it's a matter of personal choice for each person.

Peta are free to follow a policy of circus-level attention-grabbing tactics to keep the issue in people's minds, Paris Vogue are free to use fur in a fashion story. We have access to both sides, and after that, it's up to each of us.

I don't think Paris Vogue uses furs without always being aware that they're a product of putting something to death - the idea that this sensual material is seeped in blood and selfishness is often a part of the editorial 'story' or mood.

I contrast this with furs in US Vogue, which are usually presented as nothing more than another rich person's accessory.

I write the phrase 'a matter of personal choice' being fully aware that there's not much choice involved for the animals, but above, I talk in terms of people.

has anyone else noticed. But the second picture posted by Diorette of Raquel's ed, the picture hanging up on the rail. With Raquel's name on, is actaully Natasha Poly?

Random, but wanted to see if anyone else did :lol:

You mean the runway pic? none of the runway pics is Raquel actually, you can see other models in other pics there.

3. Reality Show
Photographed by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Styled by Carine Roitfeld

scanned by Diorette

^OMG merci for this one Diorette!!!Your scans are always great

I think Paris Vogue is compelling because it's the only edition of Vogue that presents expensive fashion as something that could easily belong to your life - most magazines present expensive fashion as something that's 'look but don't touch' and certainly don't wear. But in Paris Vogue, you're presented with the idea that you could wear a £10,000 dress to put out your rubbish and in the process, artfully seduce your younger neighbour with your enigmatic stare and smoking technique, and it would all be part of living the life of a real woman.

The Paris Vogue woman doesn't wear high fashion in order to pose like a museum statue, she wears it to engage in activities that could leave wet patches on her couture, and she doesn't care about getting it to the dry cleaners the next day, because she's got better things to do.
Oh My God, i LOVE YOU!:lol: Thats just Brilliant hahah sooo agree,lol.

And Diorette as always thanks a million babe for your beautiful scans.:flower:

wow. Daria looks amazing :heart: thanks for fantastic scans

I don't think Paris Vogue uses furs without always being aware that they're a product of putting something to death - the idea that this sensual material is seeped in blood and selfishness is often a part of the editorial 'story' or mood.

I contrast this with furs in US Vogue, which are usually presented as nothing more than another rich person's accessory.

I write the phrase 'a matter of personal choice' being fully aware that there's not much choice involved for the animals, but above, I talk in terms of people.

I'd never really thought of it like that; I think you make a very good point though.:flower:

Diorette, you're my savior! thousands of thanks for your wonder scans! karma!!

diorette, thank you very much!!!! i'll give you millions of credits!

i still prefer the indoor shots, that's the kind of gender daring erotism i like in daria.

1. Reality Show
Photographed by Terry Richardson
Styled by Emmanuelle Alt
(Part 1)

scanned by Diorette

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murmuration
Back