Interview August 2008 : Eva Mendes by Mikael Jansson

^^I have faith it will be as good if not better, its really sad his Bazaar work was not appreciated i thought he and Kate Betts were fantastic at HB.

I don't like that Gianni editorial. It has the elements of some of the greatest fashion images of the 20th century - namely Bourdin and von Wangenheim, and maybe some Barbieri as well, but it doesn't work. The problem is the faces, the make up, and the exaggerated posey movements - it could simply be a model problem, but it simply does not work. :(

I finally had the time today to look through my issue... this is what I enjoyed right away...

Paris Nights: From 1978 to 1983 the nightclub Le Palace was where the beautiful people partied in Paris. It was where fashion met art, gay met straight, black met white, and punk met disco. Those nights may be gone, but the look is back.

Stunning edit & IMO one of the best so far this year. Absolutely captured that era to perfection. Twelve pages.

Lou Doillon
Lou is interviewed by Milla Jovovich... this is a delight & I so wish that Lou would have gotten the cover.

The Raconteurs
10 pages with 7 pages of images. I haven't read it yet... but I like the look of it.

Edwidge of Le Palace
A fantastic interview with Edwidge who was the gatekeeper of Le Palace in the late 70's by Olivier Zahm. Has 2-1/2 pages of montage images from that era... this alone is worth the price of the issue for me.

Robert Rauschenberg
Wonderful remembrance in the form of a revisited interview from 1991.

Frida Giannini
I know she isn't that well liked around here... but I really enjoyed this interview. It gave me much more insight into the way she thinks & works. I particularly liked this quote: I am not an artist. I am not doing a performance. I'm doing things that need to be sold. And I know my job.

I haven't finished with the magazine yet... as I'm savouring it :lol: I want it to last until next month's comes out.

Nice selection of new ads in the front of the book as well...

I would say run... don't walk & get it ASAP!

:flower:

I finally had the time today to look through my issue... this is what I enjoyed right away...

Paris Nights: From 1978 to 1983 the nightclub Le Palace was where the beautiful people partied in Paris. It was where fashion met art, gay met straight, black met white, and punk met disco. Those nights may be gone, but the look is back.

Stunning edit & IMO one of the best so far this year. Absolutely captured that era to perfection. Twelve pages.

Lou Doillon
Lou is interviewed by Milla Jovovich... this is a delight & I so wish that Lou would have gotten the cover.

The Raconteurs
10 pages with 7 pages of images. I haven't read it yet... but I like the look of it.

Edwidge of Le Palace
A fantastic interview with Edwidge who was the gatekeeper of Le Palace in the late 70's by Olivier Zahm. Has 2-1/2 pages of montage images from that era... this alone is worth the price of the issue for me.

Robert Rauschenberg
Wonderful remembrance in the form of a revisited interview from 1991.

Frida Giannini
I know she isn't that well liked around here... but I really enjoyed this interview. It gave me much more insight into the way she thinks & works. I particularly liked this quote: I am not an artist. I am not doing a performance. I'm doing things that need to be sold. And I know my job.

I haven't finished with the magazine yet... as I'm savouring it :lol: I want it to last until next month's comes out.

Nice selection of new ads in the front of the book as well...

I would say run... don't walk & get it ASAP!

:flower:

This sounds fantastic, I can't believe I missed that when I browsed through the mag...it sounds AMAZING - but I guess I was distracted by the casting.

Last edited by a moderator:
PARIS NIGHTS
photographed by ANTHONY MAULE
styled by KARL TEMPLER
hair by GUIDO
makeup by DIANE KENDAL
models ANNA M JAGODZINSKA (???), NATASA VOJNOVIC, DREW JENKINS, ALINE WEBER, IRIS STRUBEGGER & SEAN OPRY

(the credit page in the mag includes also Denisa Dvorakova & Hilary Rhoda but I don't see them - help?)

interviewmagazine.com

PARIS NIGHTS
photographed by ANTHONY MAULE
styled by KARL TEMPLER
hair by GUIDO
makeup by DIANE KENDAL
models ANNA M JAGODZINSKA (???), NATASA VOJNOVIC, DREW JENKINS, ALINE WEBER, IRIS STRUBEGGER & SEAN OPRY

(the credit page in the mag includes also Denisa Dvorakova & Hilary Rhoda but I don't see them - help?)

interviewmagazine.com

i guess this is not full editorial that why Denisa and Hilary are missing....

i guess this is not full editorial that why Denisa and Hilary are missing....

That is the full editorial... I have the magazine. After discussing it at length with R-G & youarearockstar... it has been determined that Interview printed the model credits incorrectly....
Denisa & Hilary do not appear in the edit.

^weird thats the second time they messed up with the model credits.

^weird thats the second time they messed up with the model credits.

Yeah... I emailed them about it yesterday :zorro: They also didn't credit Drew Jenkins at all in the edit. Arlenis appears in two images for an article about Phillips de Pury & she didn't receive credit either :judge:

Aside from that... IMO you are correct Mikel... the Paris Nights edit is amazing... the web images don't do it justice. The close up image of Natasa looks so beautiful in print.

^the main fashion ed was scanned ASF ...
then there're 3 pictures of Lou by Terry, but i think there are in his BTL thread ...
I hadn't looked the 8 pages, so don't know if Eva Mendes' editorial was scanned ...
EDIT : oops you're right it wasn't scanned, it's the images from the website ... while i'm editing : the Paris Nights editorial is similar to the one by Ms Sauvé in VP from June/July .... the 80s Palace is really in l'air du temps, non ??

anyway ...
I've just bought it and it's once again AMAZING !!!
I never bought Itw before the Marc Jacobs issue and just quickly went through the monstruous Interview caddy at the university library ...
but to be honest this is becoming my favourite foreign magazines ...
two issues, two coup de coeurs !!!
i may sound getting on the hype vibe, but i don't care .... don't know how it was before, but the new team is fabulous !!!!
cannot wait for the september issue now (new format etc.) !

just one regret : where did the art goes ?! just 2 pages for Rauschenberg (AT THE END !!!???) isn't enough ....

one amazing point for me : it's only 4.5€ which is rare for a foreign magazine in France ......... listen to this, the others !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->