Vogue Paris November 2017 : Rianne van Rompaey by Inez & Vinoodh

So many images from Rianne's and Anna's ed would have made a much better cover than this one!

Thanks for posting the eds!

This issue is not bad. But I feel that the styling is too one-dimensional, which is the problem in almost every issue of Vogue Paris. And using just one photographer is not helping. If they want to do a Venice issue, they should send different stylists + photographers to capture different mood/angle of the place.

I am wondering if budget is an issue?

agree with you ! I feel like budget is the problem here. VP sent both Emmanuelle and Aleksandra in Venice with the same photographers and beauty team to shoot half of the issue :rolleyes: . Then we have a editorial in the street in Paris ( not expensive ) and the other in studio.

Nevertheless, i really like " En majesté ", mostly because Venice is an amazing location.

This has to be my favourite VP issue is absolute YEARS! Wow. The Rianne, Anna and Anja editorials are all three outstandig and right up my street.

Strong issue, gotta give lots of credit to the location though: Venice is magical.

Wow Inez and Vinoodh can really gaud it up

Wow! i cannot wait to get this, it's been a long time since I've been as excited for this mag. After years of collecting this, I totally forgot there was an even issue after Edie when looking in the newstands, that's how weak Vogue Paris has become lately.

I love it! So vibrant and fun! This is exactly what Vogue Paris needed. I&V have been stagnant for so long. They really needed something to break out of their slump. I'd buy this issue regardless just for Rianne, but now I'm even more excited. I just hope this isn't a one hit wonder.

amazing! rianne's ed is my favorite.

In the form of scans, most of it seems very garish, but I'm wondering whether it'll come alive on the printed page.

Anna's ed should be the main ed! And the shot with the bunny ears would be a nice cover.

Immediately after looking at that particular shot of Anna, I thought of Catherine McNeil's cover of Vogue Paris by Mario Testino back in 2007. I think it would've made a fabulous cover but maybe less striking than the one Alt opted for here.

As much as I don't rate Rianne's cover whatsoever, Inez & Vinoodh's cover story is undeniably electrifying and Rianne undoubtedly deserves a round of applause for her presence throughout. Kudos to I&V too, who channeled Guy Bourin beautifully here.

Totally Agree! lately VP has been noy vibrant anymore. its packed by Sims editorils or other photographers coping his style. Love these vibrants outdoors editorials than esterils in studio b/w ones. i wish thre wil be more Roversi, Jackson, old style M&M that remind me of Carine sultry decadence.

Love Rianne ed but Anna E stole the show she looks DIVINE

Rianne, Anja and Anna’s edits blur into one another with the same kind of styling and baroque sets. Would have been better to have just shot all three women together as one cinematic story of a super edit.

There’s a Beauty story featuring exaggerated (80s) hair called Haute Densité— but it’s only just 3 shots/pages by three separate photographers. Would have really been great to see that sort of playful styling developed as a full story.

Emmanuelle still leads the Vogue pack with her brand of highly skilled confidence. The late-70s to mid-80s thing can be tiresome— especially if you don’t like it, but she pulls it off with such finesse so that it does go beyond the trendy trappings of the era(s) that so many other lesser editors fall prey to.

Vogue Paris November 2017

"Haute Densitè"

Photographer: Gregory Harris.
Model: Chiara Scelsi @ Women Direct Milan.
Stylist: Celia Azoulay.
Hair: Damien Boissinot.
Make-up: Benjamin Puckey.
Casting: Charlotte Selignan.

instagram.com/osana13

One missing image from Anna's editorial

Also some of these looks even better like this:

instagram/inezandvinoodh

I'm very happy for Rianne scoring this cover but that pink text on the cover is horrible.
Btw who is the model in Femme sous influence by Greg Harris?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->