Vogue Paris November 2018 : Natasha Poly by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

I love the color scheme of both eds posted so far.
Thanks so much!

The sales will be far to be better if she continues with such flat dated cover and boring eds. I love seeing Alt's downfall after how sneaky she was to get this job :zorro:

Looks like Alt has completely abandoned the idea of ‘now’ or ‘future’. You can’t blame her as the times aren’t exactly great but there’s enough good work to inspire something modern too. Especially, nowadays when reaching out to the other universes seems to be so tangible and more fascinating than ever. I have nothing against the retro themed editorials. I like them but this seems to be all VP is currently selling. There something so OTT and cliché about Natasha’s editorial. Anna just seems to be quite bored of modelling which I think has been the case for a while now.

Anna just seems to be quite bored of modelling which I think has been the case for a while now.

it might be the Photographers direction but she sure as hell looks completely over it.

Ashley Graham’s edit is actually my highlight of the issue, which I totally did not see coming!

Ashley Graham’s edit is actually my highlight of the issue, which I totally did not see coming!

Yes, me too. In that one shot there is more energy and spirit than in both of these editorials... but of course, we have to see the whole edit.

it might be the Photographers direction but she sure as hell looks completely over it.

It’s not just this editorial though. She was one of my fav relatively new models but unless she is dolled up as Bardot she doesn’t seem to transcend much. And she’s not even at the level of let’s say the supers or Gisele or Natalia Vodianova or Stella Tennant when you sort of say, okay she was asked to do typical Cindy or whatever self (no excuse but more of a fact)... it just comes across characterless which is a real shame...

Natasha’s ed slightly reminds me of a Karolina Kurkova ed from 2001 I think.

This is the proof that a great model can elevate anything. Natasha is great but the styling is basic EA. The same for Anna! Great model doing everything she can to elevate the whole thing.
I have to say that it works but I think that Emmanuelle’s Vogue is starting to be more and more like Carine’s Vogue at the time. It seems like she is talking to herself and pleasing herself.

It’s all about her. Carine’s last few issues were a bit like that. Outrageous, super sexy, super luxurious. It was vivid because it had a celebratory vibe...now, it looks sad because it fit with the state of fashion.

I’m sure Barbieri’s ed will be the best! She is the best!

M le Monde is better than VP tbh.

The sales will be far to be better if she continues with such flat dated cover and boring eds. I love seeing Alt's downfall after how sneaky she was to get this job :zorro:
You’re Savage!:lol:

Spill! I must admit that I fell into a bout of depression after I uncovered the Max Mara/Balenciaga/Thylane Blondeau drama which led to Carine's demise, so everything was sort of like a blur for me afterwards. I mean, I just woke up one day and heard that Alt got the job, just like the British youth woke up one day and discovered they're no longer part of Europe.

I want to know the story about how Emmanuelle got the Job.
I think GivenchyAddict knows more but from what I know, Carine had some weaknesses against them (side projects...etc) and Emmanuelle used them to her advantage. And she was closer to Xavier Romatet (CN France boss) than Carine.

If you pay attention, Emmanuelle wasn’t featured at all in the Tom Ford issue. Carine had her assistant ( Benjamin Bruno) and even his daughter in law (Giovanna Battaglia) in the issue but no EA.

The SuperbVogue Paris November 2018
Photography: Lachlan Bailey
Model: Ashley Graham
Styling: Anastasia Barbieri
Hair: Rudi Lewis
Make-Up: Stéphanie Kuntz

awake smile

Ewers was robbed of the cover, McLellan's story (mostly due to the prairie styling) blows Poly's out of the water.

And oh how many time I've screamed that Vogue Netherlands should do an editorial with a windmill. Picture one of those shots on a Vogue Netherlands cover, cliche yes, but it'd be perfect.

Graham's story looks low budget and backyard made.

continued ...

Crystal Dreams

Photography: Nathaniel Goldberg
Model: Hana Jirickova
Styling: Virginie Benarroch
Hair: Christian Eberhard
Make-Up: Christine Corbel
Manicure: Marie Rosa

awake smile

I really like Natasha's ed as well as Anna's (also love the styling, at least it's not another jeans ed). I don't like Ashley's ed, I'd appreciate it more with another model.
Happy to see Hana, love the 4th picture.
From what I've seen so far, it looks like a good issue. VP has had many way worse issues.

I think GivenchyAddict knows more but from what I know, Carine had some weaknesses against them (side projects...etc) and Emmanuelle used them to her advantage. And she was closer to Xavier Romatet (CN France boss) than Carine.

If you pay attention, Emmanuelle wasn’t featured at all in the Tom Ford issue. Carine had her assistant ( Benjamin Bruno) and even his daughter in law (Giovanna Battaglia) in the issue but no EA.

Yes pretty much that. Emmanuelle Alt went to see Jonathan Newhouse in London behind Carine's back to just tell him everything she knew that Carine did and was compromising for CN. This put Jonathan into the conclusion that some changes were needed and well you know the story.

Solid issue, lackluster styling tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->