Vogue Paris November 2020 : Rianne van Rompaey by Mikael Jansson

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Oct 20, 2020.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Alt's already (jokingly... but not really) asking Rianne when she's next available for a shoot via Rianne's Instagram comments. Brace yourself!

HQ Cover:

[​IMG]

VOGUE.FR

2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Of course she would consider it as a joke. I'm sure she probably groaned at the idea of giving Malika a September cover on her own and probably had to do last month's ski shoot just to 'balance things out in her mind'.

3. crmsnsnwflks

crmsnsnwflks Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see her December cover.

I prefer her last month's cover. She really is a favorite of Miss Alt.

rianne fans likes this.
  4. cul8tr

cul8tr Well-Known Member

I really dont mind seeing Rianne over and over and over again. She fits VP very well. After all supermodels like Natasha, Lara, Kate, Daria, ... We didnt have a proper VP girl. And finaly there is one!

5. Alien Sex Friend

Alien Sex Friend Well-Known Member

i recall Jessica Miller and Anja Rubik being Emmanuelle Alt favs – a real models with personality, character and bright appearance ... when her taste on models spoiled that much?

Bertrando3 likes this.
  6. anlabe32

anlabe32 Well-Known Member

Seeing Rianne in and on Vogue Paris so often makes me happy. She's a real model with an amazing personality and character.

Last month's cover and ed were terrific. Not a big fan of this cover but can't wait to see the ed.

7. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

I love Rianne and her work so I'll never be bothered about her getting another cover. That being said, I do not like this image because it's honestly just unflattering. A waste of Rianne in this case.

8. MON

MON Well-Known Member

I miss Lara Stone, Daria Werbowy, Natasha Poly in Vogue Paris.

They may have been severely overused, but these women DELIVERED.

9. KateTheGreatest

KateTheGreatest Well-Known Member

I gotta say I really like the cover, we're living in weird times and I love that we have a model with dolphins on her face and flowers on her head. Kinda random but it also reminds me of hippies who were were carefree. Better this than yet another pretentious ''artistic'' cover or another bored teenager.

Having said that, I do understand that people might be tired of seeing Rianne so much. But she must be doing something right to be booked so much.

10. russianelf

russianelf Well-Known Member

Don't the French get tired of seeing the same redhead on their newsstands month after month? Fatigue-inducing.

11. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

I’m 1/4 French and I never get tired of it, if that counts :P

12. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Not so long ago Alt had the same obsession with Anna Ewers and look where she is now. She can't even get arrested - 2020 is nearly over and not a single Vogue cover. So good luck to Rianne, she'll be cast aside as soon as the next 'so hot right now' model hits the circuit. Getting the Alt stamp of approval is like the kiss of death.

You know when retired models talk about getting ghosted by the fashion industry, often at the ripe age of 25? Alt is clearly one of those who are complicit in that sort of thing.

13. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

I don’t really agree with that statement. Anna Ewers is still very hot right now considering she circulated the S/S 21 runway shows, still booking major ad campaigns and editorials (she was in VP this year), not to mention a 300k following on Instagram which for exclusively a HF model is pretty hot, if not borderline fire.

14. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Once, I believe. For a model who like Rianne also booked multiple VP covers in the same year, that just doesn't add up.
    And like I said, not a single Vogue cover (VP or other) this year despite being so in demand.

guimon likes this.
  15. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

3 times actually. I don’t think covers are the big bucks or career establishing things for models anymore. Mona Tougaard hasn’t gotten a big Vogue cover yet and she’s booking back to back campaigns with Steven Meisel till this day and already the face of a Loewe fragrance.

16. myran

myran Well-Known Member

^ Mona only turned 18 six months ago. That's why we haven't even seen her in Vogue yet. The Big Four are fairly strict about the age limit (except VI trashiness and the celebrity clause used for the insta/nepo girls), and a star like her deserves a proper debut. But I guess it won't be long now.

17. aracic

aracic Moderator

Say what?! I had no idea she was that young!

18. style_expert

style_expert Well-Known Member

I can’t believe Rianne is on her zillionth VP cover and we’re still waiting for an Imaan cover?
    Alt’s obsessions are way too persistent

19. Hafyiez wafa

Hafyiez wafa Well-Known Member

ahh can't wait for the preview,,, anyone?

CocoM likes this.
  20. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Usually, Vogue Paris would upload previews onto their website but I believe this stopped after the August issue. This issue hits newsstands in France on Thursday, so hopefully not too long until we have an idea of what's inside!