Vogue Paris September 2012 : Kate Moss, Daria Werbowy and Lara Stone by Mert & Marcus

Nice covers, but a bit dull. Think it's slightly amusing that on a redesign that focuses so much on "Parisenne" style they shot the girls in a capital I Italian brand.

Loving the Alt's letter design though

Unimpressed with the covers. I'm glad she is reworking the magazine but WHAT THE **** IS UP WITH THAT GARANCE DORE FEATURE?????? I do not want to read anything from that pretentious woman!

The whole redesign thing and content better be good or I will unsubscribe. I'm just tired to be disappointed with this magazine.

I really like this a lot! And it's surprising to me because this is the first VP cover I've felt strongly about in a long time, I even like Kate's!

It's really refreshing and beautiful! It's great to see some new faces on the cover of Vogue Paris! The redesign is amazing too. M&M are on a roll: first that incredible cover for US Vogue and now this! Gotta love 'em!

No joke, this is awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unimpressed with the covers. I'm glad she is reworking the magazine but WHAT THE **** IS UP WITH THAT GARANCE DORE FEATURE?????? I do not want to read anything from that pretentious woman!

The whole redesign thing and content better be good or I will unsubscribe. I'm just tired to be disappointed with this magazine.

What's wrong with Garance?

Yes I am loving Lara's and Daria's is second. I don't care that it's photshopped the girls look great

They took 3 women who look completely different from one another in reality and made them all look alike/not themselves, how lame. I find the styling and layout equally dull.

Ugh, that Dolce dress is ugly beyond belief and I hate how it makes Daria's and Lara's boobs look. Their expressions are off, too. I love the make up but it looks like they messed with the models' noses way too much in photoshop, they all look slightly dismorphed. Kate's cover is the best out of the three, but it doesn't wow me, either. The fonts on the cover are kind of cute, though!

However, I'm excited about hearing the changes inside the magazine. Getting Garance Doré on board doesn't sound like such a great move but I'd love to be proven wrong. Will be interesting to see what she can contribute to VP. Focusing more on fashion personalities and their stories is something that sounds good and that I'm certainly looking forward to seeing, especially since it states that Raf Simons, Gareth Pugh and Iris van Herpen are featured in this issue. It's nice to know Alt is willing to dedicate articles to lesser known designers (van Herpen) and those that aren't typically known to be among her favorites (Pugh), it was getting boring how most of the content seemed more like Alt's personal blog rather than a serious fashion magazine due to her bias. Looking forward to seeing all the Mert & Marcus editorials, too!

They took 3 women who look completely different from one another in reality and made them all look alike/not themselves, how lame. I find the styling and layout equally dull.

That was my first impression either, I had to think for a while if it's actually Daria or someone else. Also, why are they wearing the same dress? Could've chosen at least three different ones.

I don't find the covers that bad, although hope the content will be more exciting, as the title is quite promising.

I'm a fan of all the three covers. They look great, and I love how each one of them wears that (not so good-looking) outfit... Kate does it best.
I really don't care about not seeing "new" models on the cover, even though I'm still waiting for Raquel. I'm curious to see the content, I hope it doesn't let me down.

When I saw the title of the thread, I was expecting a very punchy cover with the three ladies together, but I felt like a deflated balloon when I saw the actual covers. I love black and it makes sense for Vogue Paris to dedicate an issue to it. That feels very French. I'm looking forward to the contents.

I am incredibly annoyed by the covers for the same reason I was annoyed by the recent Karlie/Joan W covers. It feels a bit pointless to use models only to make them look like carbon copies of one another. I think it would benefit them more to differentiate between these current and upcoming supermodels. Same hair, same makeup, same background, even the same dress? Seeing them all lined up together exacerbates how boring it all ends up looking.

I love this so much. It's like one big slap in the face to everyone who says VP uses the same models over and over again.

Holy Moly! What an epic cast! I can't choose the best one. Each of them has it's own allure that stands out. Very clean layout and the models looks so effortlessly beautiful. It's simply fashionable. I hoped it could have been a group shot but I guess these girls deserve a Sep issue on their own. Thumbs up to Vogue Paris! The best Sep issue so far.

Well, I, for one, love all three covers equally..but only because that is a GORGEOUS shade of red for the lipstick.

Daria's & Lara's looks bored, their posing is uninspired. Lara looks a bit busted in the face.

I am incredibly annoyed by the covers for the same reason I was annoyed by the recent Karlie/Joan W covers. It feels a bit pointless to use models only to make them look like carbon copies of one another. I think it would benefit them more to differentiate between these current and upcoming supermodels. Same hair, same makeup, same background, even the same dress? Seeing them all lined up together exacerbates how boring it all ends up looking.

My thoughts gravitated towards the Karlie/Joan W covers as well. Even though the clone concept was intentional in this case, and not the catastrophe that the W covers were, I still find it quite antiquated and insipid in a day-in-age when society has become better about embracing differences and individuality than we were, say, when Barbie was created in 1960s. Sadly photoshop has gone from being a tool to fix flaws to being abused to turn models into someone's super-human beauty ideal... as if their beauty is not already out-of-this world in real life.

I love it so far, though I shouldn't speak too soon. This is certainly more "Parisienne" than Alt's earlier work as editor (I can't help but wonder if this re-design is result of so much Alt backlash) . Also, I happen to think Lara's face/expression is gorgeous, though I agree Kate has the best cover.

My thoughts gravitated towards the Karlie/Joan W covers as well. Even though the clone concept was intentional in this case, and not the catastrophe that the W covers were, I still find it quite antiquated and insipid in a day-in-age when society has become better about embracing differences and individuality than we were, say, when Barbie was created in 1960s. Sadly photoshop has gone from being a tool to fix flaws to being abused to turn models into someone's super-human beauty ideal... as if their beauty is not already out-of-this world in real life.
That's true, at least these were meant to look similar. That idea can work, (I'm thinking Vogue Paris June/July 2008 with Laeticia and Noemie by Testino) but I think one of the big failures here is the photography. There's no real depth to the covers. The lighting on these women doesn't mesh with the plain grey background making the post-production so obvious. I hope it translates better in real life. Perhaps I'll warm up to this as I did with last year's September cover which I now love, though it couldn't be more different than this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openfall
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->