Vogue Paris September 2012 : Kate Moss, Daria Werbowy and Lara Stone by Mert & Marcus

This the most uninspired September cover I've seen in a while.

That's not bad, that's just sad. Three great models, an aesthetic that could have worked well and what do we get then... some kind of photoshop disaster (seems they erased everything that makes them look real and alive, from the emotions on the faces to -as somebody just pointed out- the nipples). Seems that leaves aren't the only things falling down in september...

I still don't understand why change the color of the original background they used for the shoot. It just ruins everything and yet they did the same with Gaga's Vogue cover. A white background or more realistic grey one would've been better.
As for Garrance Doré, why giving her a monthly column when you have Mademoiselle Agnès ?? I know she's more a woman of action than words but still.

I'm a little bit starting to wish Virginie Mouzat had got the EIC job...

what's the point of picking three of the biggest models in the world when you make them all look identical and wear the same dress... i'm sorry i just don't get it and it's yet another miss from ms. alt.

sorry but that is one of THE most ugliest dress i've ever seen on a cover. it looks so messy and not flattering! that's the first thing i noticed. the girls look fine, it's that dress!!

what's the point of picking three of the biggest models in the world when you make them all look identical and wear the same dress... i'm sorry i just don't get it and it's yet another miss from ms. alt.

I agree, but Mert & Marcus have a habit of doing these kinds of stories. Like that Love issue with all the models standing around naked doing the same pose. I feel like they want to show how these models look different and bring something fresh even when they're posing identically. But the execution makes no sense whatsoever to me. If you're trying to celebrate these models individuality why do so by making them look alike??? I would've preferred if they were styled differently, showcasing each model's personality. Or even if they each wear the same dress, have the hair and makeup be different to show how one dress can be worn different ways and look good on almost anyone.

but their facial expression are totally different and that is the main point. it's important to spend more than a few seconds before making judgements.

kate moss' cover is the most intriguing and therefore the best in my opinion. lara's is rather disappointing

Putting 3 different models on the covers and then styling them identically and wearing the same dress, was always gonna garner comparisons.....so for that reason I'm not gonna bother. I will say that although nothing special, I find all 3 covers to be visually stimulating.

their faces look nice but theres something about the dress that makes the cover look sloppy..the grey is so annoying too

Look at Kate's earring.

tumblr_m8pj90bAQd1rom6dzo1_r1_500.gif

g-u-s-t-a-v-s-s-o-n.tumblr

Stunning covers. I can't decide which one I like the most. I'm a Kate/Lara obsessed but Daria's cover looks just as good. I also like the font and layout, they didn't change very much, and there's no excess of text. This still doesn't make me excited about Emmanuelle as EIC though, and a Garance Doré feature doesn't sound really interesting, but I'm curious to see the other changes.

Kate's cover is the only one which I like- she wears that ugly (IMO) dress in a way that makes it a little less ugly, but Daria (which looks like Iris here) and Lara don't look very good in it. Nice idea for a cover, but I'm not impressed.

The pages that come after those covers can only get better - well, apart from the ones full of schoolgirl drivel from Ms Dore.

I would greatly appreciate a magazine running a monthly feature with different fashion illustrators - along the same lines of profiling someone's personal style - but if Garance's work represents "the Vogue aesthetic", that only makes me imagine what a modern-day French edition of Bazaar might look like, and whether it would have pages offering me cutesy scribbles.

The 3 covers are fine, but i think that the background ruins the original photos are covers & could be than they look better with different dresses, excpet Lara look great on that dress, but Daria & Kate with other dresses.

I like the new font of the mag & can't wait to see the whole main ed.

WOW,Daria is a complete knock out on her cover; that bone structure!

honestly styling them all the same doesn't bother me; in fact i like the concept.

seeing what each individual model brings to sell us the gown, the magazine, the Parisian dream but even these gals couldn't rescue those tacky, granny reject nightgowns.

still excited to see the contents/results of the re-vamp!

Nice covers, but a bit dull. Think it's slightly amusing that on a redesign that focuses so much on "Parisenne" style they shot the girls in a capital I Italian brand.

Loving the Alt's letter design though

:rofl: italian is the new french

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openfall
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->