Vogue Paris September 2012 : Kate Moss, Daria Werbowy and Lara Stone by Mert & Marcus

i can't believe there are 10 pages of comments only and not even one preview shot!:blink:

Alt was chosen became editor she is an integral part of the aesthetic Carine created for the magazine. If they wanted someone to break the mould they would not have chosen Alt. I'm glad Alt is the editor exactly because i loved Carine's work and i would not have wanted the magazine to have gone in a different direction.

I think the discussion we are having about Parisienne style is totally absurd, real Paris style has nothing to do with with Vogue Paris version of Paris style. Paris is a multicultural city and is no longer defined by an elite, that incidentally even in the past was also was a mash up of all sort of nationalities. So the irony is glaring.
Vogue Paris simply perpetuates a fantasy of Parisian woman, maybe the YSL fantasy of Parisian women, do this covers look like Vogue Paris to me? Yes they do, I couldn't care less if the models or the dress is not french, I'm actually quite happy Alt didn't also. It's just an aesthetic, nothing more. And aesthetic that can be recreated by any anyone anywhere in the world.
Carine already did the french models literally dressed as a cliché for the french issue. To tell the truth i much prefer this covers, they won't set the world alight, the others didn't also, but the girls look beautiful and very Paris Vogue.

i get what you say but i guess you didnt get what i said.. i like emanuelle a lot, i just dont like the idea that emannuelle is like a saviour to the parisian style and that she would make the magazine more paris, cause thats what carine already did :wink:

Alright alright.. After a certain point all I see is blah blah blah Alt sucks Parisian women are stereotyped the covers are bad blah blah blah. Someone get down to business. I live in bumf**k middle of nowhere so no Vogue September issues have arrived here yet.

PS. I love how we are all judging Vogue covers but I'd bet serious money that none of us would ever do a better job with them. None.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's amazing that there are ten pages discussing the cover and the Parisienne! I think most people are taking this too seriously!

I find these covers refreshing. All 3 ladies look in control and confident and the styling is just right without being too minimalistic.
Gotta say that Daria's cover stands out because her stare is just so dam* piercing, especially set against her short hair. I love the image to bits.

PS. I love how we are all judging Vogue covers but I'd bet serious money that none of us would ever do a better job with them. None.

I would say that a consumer gets to have an opinion about the product they're buying - even if it's uninformed - but I imagine some people on this forum are being paid money to do that sort of thing, although whether they're producing any sort of improvement, I wouldn't know, but in terms of money, a person might be better off gambling than ever trying to do a better job of it.

I agree, people need to lighten up- it's fashion! We've got three powerful cover shots from 3 amazing model favorites and I can't wait to see what's inside.

Everyone should stop having such high expectations for this magazine. End of story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vseroff
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->