W September 2010 : Hollywood's New It Girls by Inez & Vinoodh

Colour Me Beautiful
W Magazine September 2010
M: Lara Stone
Ph: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

*wmagazine

Color Me Beautiful looks...okay? I don't know. It doesn't look W to me. It's more of like a US Vogue editorial that was shot by David Sims.

Can't wait to get this because of Last Exit To Brooklyn and the Givenchy spread.

I actually like Lara's ed.

Lara's editorial is just hideous, I'm sorry but I can't see anything appealing about it.

This issue is not as great as I hoped it would be. The content is alright but not outstanding. I do love the Kirsi M&M ed though, but that's about it.

Colour me Beautiful HQ

Double Vision HQ

absinthrill.blogspot.com

LOVE LOVE LOVE Color Me Beautiful.....channeling Donna Jordan!!!!

Thanks for scanning, Carla-A!!

Wow! Lyndsey's spread looks stunning!! She looks great.

Thanks a lot Carla-A

Not a fan of Lara's editorial, but Lyndsey's spread is fantastic, such a body!

Love the "Last Exit To Brooklyn" ed, the colours are great and that ed is probably my fav from the entire issue. :heart: Lara's ed is such a disappointed, i blame the awful hair and makeup. :rolleyes:

tonchi continues to do a great job in re-vitalizing w magazine. the entire allure of w magazine has circled around this niche publication that got into the hands of the "right" people who actually bought things. it wasn't some completely insider magazine that only fashion junkies bought. it wasn't some mass market magazine looking to appeal to "every woman." it had edge and mass appeal. but anyone defending the old w magazine simply needs to recall that jennifer aninston just appeared on a cover not too long ago and dakota fanning not too long before that. this magazine needed a defibrillator because the economy has shifted the interests of the elite away from a magazine that really hasn't changed formats since the heyday of the early noughties.

the editorials in this issue had a firm sense of irony with the most traditional looks featured in brooklyn and the most hipster-inspired hailing from london. it took a fresh view at the fashion news -- which w has always does well -- but actually gave w magazine RELEVANCE outside of the fashion world. you might not like any of the girls on the cover, but it's making a statement about who SHOULD be appearing on covers. it's not julia roberts. it's not jennifer aninston. seriously, it's the new generation appearing in films you MIGHT not have heard of who will break fashion rules, follow their own career paths, and have biographies as different and interesting as they do looks. why is zoe kravitz just now appearing on a cover? she is EXACTLY what w is about. she is w girl. and has anyone SEEN yaya in "the kids are all right"? every scene with her in it could've been cut into a beautiful earthy editorial of its own.

i hope he keeps this up because this is change we can believe in.

Miss the customized fonts! :cry:

Well Edward Leida the Gruop Design Director retired like after the July issue. he was the one that designed the layouts and fonts of the editorials and he also designed the original W logo. He was very talented and its such a great loss at W, I'm really sadned by this. But I would of probably done the same thing and ritired if I knew they were gonna change the magazine that I had helped create... it would be such a heart break :cry:

loved the W september 2010 !

but seriously, too much ads - that i'm thinking of tearing them all apart !!!!!

sense of irony with the most traditional looks featured in brooklyn
well nailed !!!
opened my eyes on this editorial ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->