W September 2010 : Hollywood's New It Girls by Inez & Vinoodh

Last Exit to Brooklyn"
Models: Ginta Lapina, Kirsi Pyrhonen (Lindsey Wixson is also credited but has no photo...unless the shot of feet are of hers)
Ph: Mert & Marcus

Can't wait for this. I hope the editorial is based on the book of the same title :smile:

Thanks Faith really diferent this issue new photographers i like

"Tisci's Tribe"
Feature on Riccardo and Givenchy with a few shots that includes the likes of Ciara, Liv Tyler, Mariacarla Boscono, Daphne Groenveld, Lea T, Malgosia Bela, etc.
Ph. Willy Vanderperre
Article by Diane Solway
wriccardotisci02.jpg
wriccardotisci03.jpg
wriccardotisci013.jpg

Givenchy's Riccardo Tisci Goes Tribal for the Relaunch of W

We've been around a little bit, but not even we can remember the last time a single issue of a magazine has been so obsessively awaited or compulsively watched by readers and media alike. Such is the import of Stefano Tonchi and his September debut as editor-in-chief of W magazine, hitting newsstands August 24.

Today we managed to get our grubby hands on a few of the stories you'll find, including a feature called "Tisci's Tribe," as in Riccardo Tisci, the Givenchy designer who's experienced a similarly explosive rise. Studiously written by Diane Solway, with photos by Willy Vanderperre, the lengthy piece is chock-full of anecdotes and quotes. These are a few of our favorites...

Riccardo Tisci, on his shared traits with Monsieur de Givenchy: “We’re both related [...] to celebrity, without being a celebrity. And it’s a real relationship. I have what Hubert used to have with Audrey [Hepburn]. Mariacarla, Lea, Marina, Courtney, Antony—they’re my Audrey.”

Marina Abramović, on a possible portrait with Tisci: "Everything he does is intense, and that’s why we connect. I thought it would be funny if we did Riccardo drinking milk from my breasts, because that’s really what it is—we feed each other. We’re family.”

Antony Hegarty, on the outfit Tisci created for his 2009 summer tour: "I told him my cat had died, and he made me this beautiful coat. It had hundreds of layers of felt separated by pearls, and it was layered to form the impression of a cat’s head curling around my shoulder. And on the back were all these skeletal plumes. It felt so personal.”

Courtney Love, on performing live at a Givenchy party in 2007: “You have not lived until you’ve seen Suzy Menkes and Karl Lagerfeld moshing in front of you while you’re playing rock in a couture [Givenchy] dress."
hintmag

Jacquelyn Jablonski, Hanne Gaby Odiele, & Julija Step by Knoepfel & Indlekofer

snapped by me

Definitely must-have! A lot of different stories for every taste. Thank you for the snaps, mm6789 :flower:

Ah! The Lyndsey spread looks even cooler in three shots like that :lol: Thank you for the snaps!

There's nothing really that makes me want to buy this issue but I must admit I really like Lara's ed.

Last Exit to Brooklyn and Georgia's editorial are my personal favourites. Especially the colors in Last Exit to Brooklyn. Krisi nails it!

Lyndsey is heavenly. There are no other words to describe it.

Last Exit To Brooklyn is, probably, the only reason why I'm gonna buy this issue. Just love it! Great styling and the way it was photographed. Perfect. :heart:

This issue looks very good! Every editorial looks great so far, especially Last Exit To Brooklyn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the inside layout a lot; it's similar to Interview. The font and spacing between sentences are much easier on the eyes than Interview's (but maybe I'm the only one who has slight trouble with that.) The paper used for the cover, spine and back is very shiny and slick. It seems like it tears easily and the ink is chipping off at every crease of my slightly-damaged copy.

There are some beautiful photos of accessories, like a tarantula on a fur bag, polish near a bird's leg. The photographers credit on these pictures are very small and at the very bottom of the page, near the page number, and I hope in future issues they change that.

The last few pages are called Backstory - "the stories behind our stories." They explain what movies inspired Georgia On Our Mind, reference Donna Jordan as the inspiration for Color Me Beautiful, stuff like that.

I think I like what I see so far. I just miss the custom fonts used for editorial titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->