W September 2010 : Hollywood's New It Girls by Inez & Vinoodh

I defiantly see the Donna Jordan reference in Lara's pictures. It looks so fresh and playful.

It's a great surprise to see Yaya...I've loved her since ANTM and I always knew she would make a name for herself as an actress....unfortunately that's the only positive I have to add so far. The logo is terrible, it looks far too MS Paint/Airlines magazine for my liking.

McDean's editorial with Georgia lacks his signature dreamy style...it could be an old I&V editorial.

^hehe. :P I was not expecting that from Walker. Definitely do no like it.

Tim Walkers ed is extremely dissapointing.

Wow, i'm really impressed with what i see so far. It's full of life.

At last, a Georgia May editorial that doesn't make a big feature of her mouth - it looks so much better, being closed in nearly every shot. Allows me to notice her beauty, rather than her teeth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love Walker's stuff, he never disappoints. So much life, colour and a bunch of great personalities!
Natasa Vojnovic would have been a better choice as the Donna Jourdan's reference.

Just got the issue in the mail, 404 pages. Everything is styled by Alex White unless otherwise mentioned.

Liu Wen has a single-page article on her role as Estee Lauder's new spokesmodel, with a beauty shot by Andreas Laszlo Konrath

"Last Exit to Brooklyn"
Models: Ginta Lapina, Kirsi Pyrhonen (Lindsey Wixson is also credited but has no photo...unless the shot of feet are of hers)
Ph: Mert & Marcus

"The Brave Ones"
All the cover models
Ph: Inez & Vinoodh

"Tisci's Tribe"
Feature on Riccardo and Givenchy with a few shots that includes the likes of Ciara, Liv Tyler, Mariacarla Boscono, Daphne Groenveld, Lea T, Malgosia Bela, etc.
Ph. Willy Vanderperre
Article by Diane Solway

"The East Enders"
Ph. Tim Walker

"Color Me Beautiful"
Ph. Mert & Marcus
Model: Lara Stone

"Double Vision" (Accessories story)
Ph. Ben Hassett
Styled by Carolyn Tate Angel
Model: Lyndsey Scott
I found this editorial to be absolutely fascinating - the six pages pan over Lyndsey's entire body from head to toe horizontally. She's nude and only wearing accessories.

"Georgia on Our Mind"
Ph. Craig McDean
Model: Georgia May Jagger

"In the Cut"
Ph. Claudia Knoepfel & Stefan Indlekofer
Styled by David Vandewal
Models: Hanne-Gaby Odiele, Jacquelyn Jablonski, Julija Step
Black-and-white studio story. Simple, clean lines.

Thanks for the review, Faith. Nothing seems to impress me that me, to be perfectly honest.

Thanks Faith :flower:, this issue looks interesting...mostly because of Lyndsey Scott :lol:. I always love M&Ms work for the magazine so I'm looking forward to their eds.

Thanks for the review. It all sounds okay.

Thanks for the review, Faith!:flower:
I'm glad Liu Wen got one page of article.

404 pages? I've never had a september issue of W before, so is that number normal for their september issue?

Thank you for the review, Faith. I can't wit to see "Last Exit to Brooklyn".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->