W September 2010 : Hollywood's New It Girls by Inez & Vinoodh

i knew Tonchi was gonna destory W -_- i had to google all of these cover 'stars' and as some of you have already said the cover does feel strongly like vanity fair's bastard child.i hope the fashion spreads don't entirely suck.

maybe I'm reading too much into this, but this type of comment is so ignorant and disrespectful to me. do you mean the old W would never feature a new age of actresses that happen to also be black?

she isn't on the cover because of her modeling, she is represented here because of her talent as an actress. but I'm sure you would probably prefer one of those all-white Vanity Fair covers with the "actresses" from like....Twilight... :rolleyes:

why does everything always have to involve race? idk what the OP meant but what i intepreted he/she as saying was that w would never have featured a bunch of actresses which are so unknown and quite frankly irrelevant (specially emma roberts. i'm sorry but she is soooo untalented)

I think it's very interesting that most people already formed a very strong opinion on Tonchi's version of W and are certain he ruined W on the basis of only a cover and not even a single picture of the contents. Hold your horses people.

i L:heart::heart:VE the new logo.
as for the tag line, i could do without.
- i feel like the only really drastic change is the logo. hopefully the tagline is just temporary for this issue.

as for the covergirls; i dont know who any of them are aside from marion. ^_^

I'm really not feeling this new logo...:unsure:
At least, Alex White did the cover's styling. That's something reminiscent of the W we're used to ^_^

Call me crazy but the fact that many of you are even aware who Yaya is proves she deserve the cover more so than the rest! SO stop singling her out from the rest because quite frankly it make some of you come off a bit racist! Just because someone was a contestant on a popular show shouldn't downplay anything they do in the future.

Anyway, that new logo is horrible and I don't understand why they would even change that aspect of the magazine. It reminds me of when Bazaar changed theirs to only bring the old one right back. You should never drastically change a logo for any company when it becomes such a trademark in many peoples head. I mean would any Vogue change their logo to appeal towards anyone? If you give me an email or phone number I would gladly call to complain about it and I'm not even a subscriber!

The tagline is way to big and long and should at least change the font size of it so it doesn't take up so much space and mess up the width of the magazine. Inez & Vinoodh did an amazing job with the photography but this new EIC ruined any potential to appreciate this new direction with such unnecessary changes to the cover and makes me afraid to expect what's inside.

^The old W was spiraling downward in terms of circulation and profits. Not saying I agree with the new changes and cover stars, but if one is dying, one does what one must to survive.

That's how I view it, if W needs to take on a new form to survive, then I'm more than willing to see what unfolds over the next few months - what happens when you take the old-style W and adapt it for the future. A lot of what I'll see will probably seem weird at first, but I'll hang in there, not put too much importance on scans, and wait for the new publication to reach me so that I can hold it in my hands and really see and feel what's going on with it.

Call me crazy but the fact that many of you are even aware who Yaya is proves she deserve the cover more so than the rest! SO stop singling her out from the rest because quite frankly it make some of you come off a bit racist! Just because someone was a contestant on a popular show shouldn't downplay anything they do in the future.

The fact that people single her out is because of the fact that she was a ANTM contestant, not because of her race, so it has nothing to do with rascism.

Anyway, that new logo is horrible and I don't understand why they would even change that aspect of the magazine. It reminds me of when Bazaar changed theirs to only bring the old one right back. You should never drastically change a logo for any company when it becomes such a trademark in many peoples head. I mean would any Vogue change their logo to appeal towards anyone? If you give me an email or phone number I would gladly call to complain about it and I'm not even a subscriber!

The tagline is way to big and long and should at least change the font size of it so it doesn't take up so much space and mess up the width of the magazine. Inez & Vinoodh did an amazing job with the photography but this new EIC ruined any potential to appreciate this new direction with such unnecessary changes to the cover and makes me afraid to expect what's inside.
I'm interested in making a phone call or two myself (or even writing to the magazine for the section of reader feedback). I realize that with a new editor in chief, changed are to be expected. But I don't find any of these changes positive. And I'm especially upset because I am (read was) a subscriber.

I'm not opposed to changes. At all. Changes can be incredibly exciting. But when you see one of your favorite publications experience a major downgrade, you quickly resent all those who participated in its destruction.

Now, if they do anything to mess with W's breathtaking typography work inside the magazine...Stefano...I'd watch your back.

Last edited by a moderator:
why does everything always have to involve race? idk what the OP meant but what i intepreted he/she as saying was that w would never have featured a bunch of actresses which are so unknown and quite frankly irrelevant (specially emma roberts. i'm sorry but she is soooo untalented)

everything doesn't have to involve race, however, the OP mentioned none of the other actresses except for Yaya. but whatever, I'm not going to make this some sort of petty fight

and of course they are relatively unknown, they are saying these are Hollywood's new It-girls

I think it's very interesting that most people already formed a very strong opinion on Tonchi's version of W and are certain he ruined W on the basis of only a cover and not even a single picture of the contents. Hold your horses people.

I wasn't said that he ruined,i'm just worried....:unsure:

Don't like the new logo at all. It makes it look plain and boring. The other logo and font weer so much better, and what a cheesy tag line.

everything doesn't have to involve race, however, the OP mentioned none of the other actresses except for Yaya. but whatever, I'm not going to make this some sort of petty fight

and of course they are relatively unknown, they are saying these are Hollywood's new It-girls

i'm pretty sure that was because she was an antm contestant...not because of her colour

Something had to change, The mag was heading no-where, fast.

I welcome the redesign, I think in time I will like and prefer the logo and font, although it's going for safe-serif kinda font which is disappointing.

I really hope it re-establishes it's self as a main player, they've got serious work to do. Please, please, pelase stay fashion though. I want W circa early 04/05 thick and heavy fashion forward goodness. Please oh pleeeeeeeease.

The fact that people single her out is because of the fact that she was a ANTM contestant, not because of her race, so it has nothing to do with rascism.
This might be true but why still single her out just because she was a contestant on a show more than 5-6 years ago?:huh: It's like move on all ready because she surely has! Yaya did the best move by not even bothering to pursue that modeling career with the stigma connected to ANTM. So instead of hating on her why not congratulate her making such accomplishments outside the show?

OT: I can only imagine what the comments are going to be when the ANTM winner gets the Italian Vogue cover. :lol:

OT: I can only imagine what the comments are going to be when the ANTM winner gets the Italian Vogue cover. :lol:

Not happening
:innocent: --> #131

Is Yaya really an big up and coming actor? Her next role is in Tron :blink:

The theme is too close to Vanity Fair's annual (?) new young Hollywood covers.

I, for one, love the covers. They all look so fantastic! I'm excited for this new change.

I thought FASHION was about change, new ideas and "New Expectations" Most comments on here seem to be from people who dislike Change and new ideas. Goes to show your "Passion" for Fashion. :ninja:

oh no, i loved the old logo :cry: though i'm curious to see more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"