What Are Your Thoughts On Plastic Surgery?

I think plastic surgery can be okay, it's not natural but I think as long as someone doesn't over-do it....still, it depends on the person.

I don't have a problem with it. I will probably have (plastic surgery), maybe after forty. My lips are full now but lips get thinner with age so it depends, and maybe a breast lift some time in the future because mine are 34D and gravity is bound to do some damage to them over time. But right now I need a good plastic surgeon for my nose, which I used to like, because I had an accident, like Arielrose, and I broke it, and to be honest I'm a bit scared about the surgery, it's one thing to think about having it in the future but to know I need it now has me worried.

Arielrose if you can, please PM me and let me know the name of you palstic surgeon. Thanks :flower:.

I also would like to add that some women should shy away from the watermelon boobs when they're considering a breast augmentation. That's all.

dlg

Plastic surgery is the epitome of fakeness. All these people trying to look pretty and skinny and in the end, they all look like plastic clones of each other. There's going to be a lot less diversity in this world.

I totally agree. Plastic surgery is ridiculous. I hate how it's practically a crime to age naturally now. Things sag as you get older, wrinkles appear, stretchmarks pop up...these aren't things that need to be "fixed," they're natural!

I also disagree with people who say "Oh, I've hated my nose since I was 3. It's so ugly and I'm going to fix it!" IMO, it's not the nose that needs fixing. It's the way you feel towards it. People look at plastic surgery as this miracle cure for everything that is "wrong" with their body, and that is a sad and dangerous way of looking at it.

I think that breast implants are the absolute worst, even if you don't go for the Barbie doll DD-cup look. I just hate how much emphasis is put on having big breasts. When you really consider what you are doing to your body just for the sake of fitting into the mold of a "beautiful" woman that society pushes on us, it's just depressing and ridiculous.

I think plastic surgery is bad. Aging should embraced, not fought. Personally, I think it's the fear of death that makes people obsess about being young. I think if people understand that it's completely natural and it happens to everybody, they would have more fulfilling lives. In terms of "fixing" your body, I think it's very dangerous to do because your opinion about your body changes so often and so drastically. If I went to have an operation every time I was not happy with my body, there wouldn't be anything left of me! I am completely happy with my body and the only thing I'm concerned about it to be healthy.

Just my 2 cents.

"in the end, they all look like plastic clones of each other"

Sorry just to say that plastic surgery is called plastic surgery because it comes from the Greek 'plastos' to mould. Not because of the material (which has the same root). This has always annoyed me. As you can tell I am pro surgery and wish I wasn't a poor student.

I don't think I could ever get plastic surgery, out of fear, but I'm young. The important thing for me is that it's a personal choice that a person should do for themselves and no one else.

Two people could have the same physical feature (a nose) and one could like it, and the other could hate it. Who's to say why people react differently to certain features? If you hate a feature so much, than why shouldn't be allowed to change it? I hate the assumption that some people get put on them just because they've had plastic surgery. Plastic surgery does not mean you're shallow and are trying to conform to some standard of beauty. Is it a possibility? Yes, but not a definate reason for everyone.

The important thing every person should realize is that their safety and health come first. Get a good doctor, even if it costs more money. I also believe it's the responsibility of the surgeon to make sure the person is mentally stable to have surgery. Some people are disappointed beyond belief with their surgery results. Some people also have BDD and they're probably never going to be satisfied with their physical appearence. A doctor should be honest and realistic with their patients. You can't give anyone "insert celebrity name's" nose.

As long as it's done within reason and the person is mature enough to handle the aftermath and consequences, then why not? If you can afford too. I just hate it when people overdo it and can't be honest about it. If I had some done, I wouldn't even think about lying about it, especially if it's so obvious like an upfront nosejob or a boobjob.

My mum in law just got breast implants two days ago and boy is she in pain!!
It's hard for me to feel sorry for her though....
she did do this to herself.

I couldn't ever imagine getting surgery unless I HAD to for medical reasons.

Well I don't personally agree with it and don't think I'd ever get it done unless like brokenenglish said, it was for medical reasons. But at the same time, having suffered extreme self confidence issues when growing up, I can see WHY people would do it. I used to want plastic surgery but I've 'grown out' of it and seen how stupid it was and learnt to accept myself for what I look like. Alot of people have cosmetic surgery because they think it will make them pretty, popular, 'complete', successful etc, but often the root of the problem is self esteem issues which cannot be fixed with some surgery.

I think most people have a wrong perception of plastic surgery, they believe that people who have it do it because they don't like the way they look and want to change themselves but in fact lots of people have it because, even though they accept themselves they way they are, they want to look better, not different. My father is a plastic surgeon and he always says the good job is the one that makes you look yourself, not like another person, just a bit better so that people see you prettier but can't tell you've had something done.

Reconstructive surgery is a wonderful thing. I had a niece born with a cleft palate, and the surgeon's work was miraculous. My parents drove my cousin and my niece to her appointments, and the doctor would tell my mom, "I could do a little lift and tuck here, and get rid of those wrinkles."

My mom replied, "Oh, no you won't! I earned every one of these wrinkles!"

I hope to have the same grace as my mother about aging. I've known many people who've had plastic surgery, some good, some bad, and I don't judge. It's pointless to judge, and it says more about you than it does the person who's had surgery. Yes, even Jocelyn Wildenstein has got a beating heart and soul behind that face. Or below that face. Somewhere near the vicinity of her soul, there's a heart and one hell of a face. One has to admire the intent--Beauty!--that's behind it all.

Best intentions and bad results--the state of humankind, forever and ever, amen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I generally agree with you about not judging other people but i don't "admire the intent--Beauty!--that's behind it" at all. In her case specifically, i've heard that she wanted to look like a cat/jaguar or something of the sort to please her husband (he liked cats?) or something like that. That story may be wrong, but wanting to please someone else or more broadly speaking, being deeply dependant on superficial things for deep emotional issues isn't very admirable in my opinion. A woman, with too much money and not enough brain or maybe just not enough supportive people around her to help her find help etc.
I just hope that anyone who does have plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons (not reconstructive) only does it when they can afford it and after they've researched it thoroughly. It's a serious procedure that should be treated like one. The stories of people going overseas to get their breasts done cheaper for example, horrifies me. The surgeons who continue to give women repeat surgeries when they clearly are in need of psychological help should be shot, imo.

^The intent is Beauty!; how is Beauty! not admirable? The means and ends are horrific whether or not you go under the knife. Birth and death, sweetie. Have a lovely face, breed, break a hip, fall into senile dementia. Have a face horribly scarred by one's own vanity. My compassion outstrips both horror and attraction. Almost.

There are all sorts of useful, supportive people to help others find help: more brains, more love, more acceptance for their deep emotional issues. Too much money, not enough money, repeat surgeries, vacation surgeries, unnecessary surgeries, etc. Money & research & psychological help---Beauty! Judgment! Miss Universe! There she is...

A monk was enlightened, he licked the maggots off a wounded dog with tears in his eyes. Think of Tibetan Sky Burials and all the silicone vultures will refuse to eat. When you're attracted to something, ask yourself why. When you're repelled, likewise. It's more fun than shooting a surgeon!

I think that plastic surgery can be okay, although its not natural and costs alot and you have to go through a lot of pain. Although if it really does help boost the person's confidence and self-esteem then yeah, but when you overdo it, it looks so exaggerated!

why_fashion said:
You are beautiful the way you are born.
Then life makes you ugly.:wink:

(The little winking guy is so you don't get confused regarding my pristine intent.)

I've had plastic surgery and am happy with the results. It wasn't to fight aging. I had a nose job and an eye-lift. I was young, 23-24 and my eyes were always very puffy looking and I looked tired, sad, hung-over.

I don't plan on getting any, but I don't condemn the people who do (unless it's too much)

It depends. I understand plastic surgery if you have some kind of disfiguration or you have a serious accident. However, if you just have your breast size increased from AA to C to fit the ideal, I think it is not good. I am not judging the ones who get plastic surgery, but frankly I have never seen anyone who it would've helped. Why do we need to look the same? Everyone has features to flatter... I say we should go all natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelsea1969
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->