What do you do with your fashion mags?

^^ There's an outfit called Bags Unlimited that has a nice catalog and web site <bagsunlimited.com> and they deal in collecters stuff, and being W is about the size of Life and Look and the Saturday Evening Post, they have storeage boxes, binders and bags and so on...Worth a look! :flower:

I've been buying an average of half a dozen (and some months closer to a dozen!!) magazines for over two years now and haven't thrown one away yet. I rip out the spine and stash all interesting bits of the mag in binders or glue them in sketch books (this takes up about two shelves in my bookcase).

I used to save all of my fashion mags (old Vogues, Elles, Cosmopolitans, etc). I used to put some of the covers up on my walls.

However, I live in an area that's prone to natural disasters. So...I no longer have my old fashion mags from the early 1990s. :(

These days, I hardly ever buy any fashion mags. I prefer to just flip through them at bookstores and the like. :D

I keep the majority of them. I also give some away to friends and family members.

i use to keep everything...almost everything. and now i'm thinking of selling on ebay some magazine. but I keep my Vogue, Numéro, Mixte...just throwing some old thing i have no interest into anymore.
it's like starting a new era :wink:

Add them to my now collapsing shelf. :ninja:

I really should get rid of some... :rolleyes:

:lol: or by another soon to collaps shelf!
My bed has huge boxes underneath that are packed with magazines. My top shelf has gone wild so I'm about to buy another one. :lol:

Buttons said:
Add them to my now collapsing shelf. :ninja:

I really should get rid of some... :rolleyes:

i want to. but it doesn't happen. i tried on ebay fr., noone is buying them. who said frenchies have fashion interests?

since i mainly buy those 'high end' artsy-fashion mags that cost me tons..i keep them. but i dont treat them very nicely though..they are just lying around the house. on my desk, on the coffee table, in my bag..everywhere. i ll organize them when im leaving for school

keep them (British Vogue, The Face, i-D, Another Magazine, POP...) stacked in order by date/type in one side of my wardrobe. Perfectionist, much? :innocent:

I can't throw them away. That would be wrong.

i do the same :smile:

It's like they mean something to me, getting rid of them is almost un-imaginable. :rolleyes:

I am thinking about getting rid of a few but I can't bring mself to get rid of my Vogue magazines... :innocent:

Boomer said:
^^ There's an outfit called Bags Unlimited that has a nice catalog and web site <bagsunlimited.com> and they deal in collecters stuff, and being W is about the size of Life and Look and the Saturday Evening Post, they have storeage boxes, binders and bags and so on...Worth a look! :flower:

That looks great. Thanks for your help. ^_^ :flower:

I keep them, mostly. I keep issues of "Elle" & "Bazaar" for about a year, then throw them out (unless, for some reason, I think it's a particularly amazing issue)..

But, I usually put them in storage boxes - the only ones I leave out are my Vogues & Allures.

I make fashion notebooks, use them for collages, put them in the recycleable bin.

I've been collaging A LOT lately. Finally I have started to get rid of a couple magazines, but not my good ones though.

Innocence_by_fairytalevegas.jpg

This one was made from Bazaars and a couple of weeklys.

Salvatore said:
others I hand out to the fashion needy. ^_^

LOL ^_^

I keep most of mine because they are expensive ones and imports. I don't have a million but I have a lot, and one of my shelves just broke! haha. Something tells me its time to start makeing collages and scrapbooks like a few of the other members here and save my shelves!

The good magazines I have I tend to keep in a strict order.

I love makeupjunkie's collage! :flower:

MakeUpJunkie said:
I've been collaging A LOT lately. Finally I have started to get rid of a couple magazines, but not my good ones though.
That's neat. I haven't made a collage in ages.

Spiral1532 said:
That's neat. I haven't made a collage in ages.
Same. I was sitting around one day and was like- I must collage ASAP. And I did. It was fun!

Save them all. I get a lot of inspiration from the photoshoots. I have many drawings that were inspired by Vogue and In Style. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->