What is the Significance of Walking Prada?

^Yeah same with Leah de Wavrin.

Does anyone know if IMG really does have monopoly over Prada castings, maybe Ivan Bart and Russel Marshhave some kind of agreement. The show usually has a huge number of IMG girls. Irina, Anabella, Lara, Sasha, Adina, Daria, Gemma, Marina, Angela, Stam and Anna Mariya. Same with Jil Sander and Miu Miu. A lot of girls who have opened and closed belong to IMG.

Last edited by a moderator:
this season :
IMG-Anabela, Freja, Lara, Angela, Irina, Kamila, Alana,Anna, Anouck, Jessica, Marina, Guinevere, Heidi

WOMEN-Alana Zimmer, Alyona, Amanda, Daiane, Georgina, Hanne, Isabeli, Jourdan, Kasia, Natasha, Suvi, Vlada, Natalia

WHY NOT-Elise, Bette, Ali

NEXT-Catherine

I don't know-Cato Vanee and Eden Clark, Sara Blomqvist

IMG&WOMEN are very strong!

I thought Angela, Anouck are Prada exclusive.
but they did other shows.:doh:

About Snejana, I'm curious, too. She did the Prada campaign before she walked for Prada. And she only did Prada runway once! Could there be any chance that she got the campaign because Meisel liked her so much at that time?
Although Snejana only did Prada runway for once, she did Miu Miu three times(S/S 06, F/W 06, S/S 08). Does it mean Miuccia is still interested in her? Especially because she's back for Miu Miu last season.

About this season, Catherine McNeil is the biggest mystery for me. Why was she? It seems Prada casting is not that easy for me to understand.

About Snejana, I'm curious, too. She did the Prada campaign before she walked for Prada. And she only did Prada runway once! Could there be any chance that she got the campaign because Meisel liked her so much at that time?
Although Snejana only did Prada runway for once, she did Miu Miu three times(S/S 06, F/W 06, S/S 08). Does it mean Miuccia is still interested in her? Especially because she's back for Miu Miu last season.

About this season, Catherine McNeil is the biggest mystery for me. Why was she? It seems Prada casting is not that easy for me to understand.

There's been some discussion over this in Snejana's thread too, I think she got the campaign because of Meisel too, but he's totally lost interest now I think. I mean her Prada images were barely used right?

Do Muiccia or Russel or Meisel cast for Miu Miu, apparantly Meisel casts for Anna Sui because they're good friends, and Snejana is always there, but really walking shows isn't any use if you aren't getting major campaigns or editorials, which Snejana isn't. :(

Olga didn't walk Prada this time....any reason?

edit: If Meisel casts for Anna Sui, why was Catherine McNeil there, acording to Knightley he doesn't like her because he didn't have a hand in her initial discovery and success, although if he did work with her she'd really be his "type" of girl.

^ catherine mcneil was at miu miu last season, but not prada, right? this season she was at prada. it's odd. and what about girls like coco rocha? didn't she walk only once, like fw 05 or 06? the same season hye park walked.

Coco walked in the show opened by Anna Mariya. Hye has walked prada 3 or 4 times I think.

I remember the season Coco walked.. Anna Mariya Opened as yourbestfriend said.. there were TONS of new girls that season.. same with last season.. just a sea of new faces.

I think certain season are more select that others.. the season Suvi opened was very selective I think.. very few new faces.

^yeah it was the same girls over and over again, very small casting, just Sasha, Alana, Bette and Suvi.

I think major agencies own a certain percentage of their shows, so a set number of girls from a certain agency have to walk for them, so maybe IMG and Women own the biggest shares. Maybe it isn't that much of a romantic industry as well think it is, it's probably a lot to do with numbers and business, maybe the girls who will work for the pay that is optimum for the agency, booker and Prada itself is the girl who gets to walk.

Not to mention some girls probably do it as a favour, or for free because it's such a priviledge.

for me the F/W 08 campaign will be totally a surprise, even if it's Sasha, I'll be surprised, I don't think Snejana will get a campaign, neither Catherine. Miuccia said that the sexy is back, so I'm betting on a model that is not too alien ... another bet of mine is Natalia, as she opened and closed the show!

Natalia would be my bet too. She is a VERY sexy girl. Then again, Sasha can be a sex kitten too....

I dunno but I have never thought of as Sasha as sexy. I just don't get that 'appeal' of her. I don't even think she's that versatile personally. :ninja:

Very interesting thread Carmen. Enjoyed reading it. :P

i don't think we'll ever understand the method to russell's/miuccia's madness. they're loyal to some girls, they turn their backs on others. that's how it usually goes in the fashion business.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious to know about it.

I've heard Prada pays a few thousand.

Also, the casting relationship is also depedant on Russel Marsh's relationship with different agents at the agencies. If they're relationship is better, he is probably more likely to take on a friend's girl over a girl at another agency.

that's interesting about snejana only doing prada once, yet miu miu three times. do russel marsh cast the miu miu show as well?

Can we think of some big models who have never walked Prada or Miu Miu?
The ones that come to mind are:

1)Valentina
2)Inguna
3)Doutzen
4)Iselin? <--- I'm not sure if she has or not.
5)Anja Rubik
6)Maria Carla??

Anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->