What to Wear to an Interview for a Job or an Internship in the Fashion Industry?

^Thanks that exactly what I thought! I just want to give off the style, and want it to fit with their image.

You could peice togther a suit, but make sure it's done with a fashion forward twist so they can see that you have a sense of style. I interviewed for a boutque one time and was coming from my full time job and they were looking me up and down to see if I had the chops to put an outfit together. They even asked who I was wearing; like it was red carpet or something :lol:
Good luck!

^That's so funny.I'll be going from my full time job as well.

I have an interview with a leading brands here and wondering what to wear ? thinking about a neat cut black shirt+black woolen short jacket+ black jeans +white converse sneaker, is that fine ?

i know i can do the job well,qualification and experience are all fit, but i really hate the interview, always way too nervous. and take about 20minutes to cool down which i probably already lost the chance.

I'd go more formal-ditch the sneakers and the jeans, unless it's a denim brand.

it's not a denim brand, they r a bit like CK,doing casual stuff in high quality and nice touch.

I never felt comfort. inside suit ... and i don't think it's necessary to dress too formal, after all, i'm not interviewing for super manager or CEO .

Have some good suggestion?

It all depends on the brand and what they wear day to day ... you did not give us any info to go on.

I always say, take a cue from what the managers and staff are wearing, and make it something similar. And take a cue from what they sell ... if it's dressy stuff, you should be dressy ... if it's super casual, then you may dress down a bit. If they sell jeans as a major part of their stock and the other employees wear them, then I think that dressy jeans would be OK. The Converse shoes ... not sure. A dressier shoe might be safer .... unless, they sell really casual, funky/cool stuff and their employees and the managers dress this way. Better to overdress a tad than underdress, IMO.

A suit is not necessary ... unless the employees are required to wear them. I like the idea of a casual, well fitting jacket ... it can dress up a look without being stuffy. Consider nice pants and the jacket you mentioned ... or pop a cute skirt under it with good looking shoes.

You always want to dress for the job you want, just a little bit better ... so keep that in mind.

Thanks alot for your commens BetteT.

yes,today i went to few of their shop and had a look around,and i regret for the idea of sneaker,considering it\s bit way down.

And i find pair of black flats,really simple with sophisticate workmanship,and it goes really good with the outfit though they are all in black.

So wish me good luck,guys,nerviousing....

Just an fyi that we also have a lengthy What to wear to an interview thread in Personal Style :flower: Let me know if you'd like me to merge ...

I have an interview at French Connection next week... what do I wear?
In the e-mail it said something about 'London chic'
I was thinking anything involving...
black pants, with a skinny, tapered ankle
vintage mens blazer?
black double breasted black jacket with large buttons
pointy-toed black four inch heels

Help? I'm just confused, I don't want to wear the stereotypical jacket/blouse/pencil skirt/dress pant combination, and want to show some flair, but I don't want to look underdressed... all while looking 'French Connection'.

What to wear to top fashion magazine internship interview??

Hi!!

I'm going in for interviews next week for 4 of the top fashion magazines. I can't decide whether to take the more understated chic route or the more business route. Any ideas? My current thought it a black pencil skirt, a grey chloe top with beige accents, brown Louboutins, a bold pink stone necklace, and my tan Miu Miu bag. Also- open toed shoes...acceptable for an interview or not? I know they're fine once you work there, but I don't want to look too relaxed.

HELP.

xxoo

Welcome to the Fashion Spot, CloFashion!

Your thread has been merged with existing thread ... please do an advanced search for the topic before starting any new threads. For help with advanced searches ... there is a thread pinned to the top of the Member Support forum. Thanks!

@CloFashion: Welcome to tFS! For your interview, I'd say 'understated chic'., definitely let them get a sense of your style. Given the position you're applying for, it seems you don't have to be very conservative with your choice of shoes; however I'd say no to the open toed just to stay on the safe side, and as you said, once you work there it'll be alright :wink:

I am thinking about wearing this skirt from express for a interview I have at a fashion mag...is it to much? Should I just wear a black pencil skirt instead? :unsure: (the image was taken from express.com)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 2
I would say stick to the black pencil skirt. Although that skirt is really cute, it's better to stay with a classic look. If you want to stand out, wear a bold accessory. I am in the process of interviewing interns for my fashion PR firm, and while I would think a girl walking in with that skirt is bold and fashion-forward, my higher up would wince.

ah i just got an email to meet for an interview for an internship at 3.1 phillip lim. it's TOMORROW though! can anyone help me out with some ideas/suggestions on what to wear?

Thanks closethunter, I took your advice and I wore the pencil skirt today to my interview.

ah i just got an email to meet for an interview for an internship at 3.1 phillip lim. it's TOMORROW though! can anyone help me out with some ideas/suggestions on what to wear?

This is what I would do: Stick to his style aesthetic... clean lines and muted colors. Go to his web site and look at the Summer 2008 look book. You'll find some great ideas there.

Just make sure you are polished and not too casual. Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->