What to wear to prom or homecoming

Hm...not quite, purple, but my description wasn't very specific. Okay let's see if I can describe it in terms of this dress: http://www.antiquedress.com/item3911.htm

It's a lot like this one, but the skirt is not lacy except for the bottom edge. Also, the skirt of mine is longer and more fitted than this skirt. As for the top, mine is a lot like this except that the lace over the main bodice extends up to the neck as well as down the sleeves to just above the elbow with a bit of a flare (which I'm about to cut shorter anyway, though, so these photos are more like how it will be). Oh, and the back goes all the way up, too.

Does that make more sense?

Oops, I only saw the first picture post and I thought you were asking if that looked like my dress! :doh: Silly me. Well, at least you have a decent picture of it now.

I like where you're going with this, though. :wink: I just hope that I'm brave enough for something like that--I mean, it isn't exactly my prom--you know?

Holly--Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm glad that I probably won't be the only one in white/cream! I like the idea of asking a stylist about my hair, and I think I'll try when I get my hair cut.

I do like the looks. I was thinking about something like that when I first bought the dress (thinking that I would have the whole year until my junior prom to mull it over :rolleyes: ), but I don't want to be uber-extreme at a prom that isn't my own. Do you have any suggestions for slightly subtler ways to give that sort of impression? I love what you've been posting, and maybe if you post more of the same I'll be inspired... :flower:

Also, lots of the seniors see me as shy because I have classes with them, etc and I can be pretty quiet in school with people I don’t know well. It’s something I’m trying hard to get over.

Thanks so much for the help, everyone. :heart:

Less extreme it is. :wink:
I guess I've been thinking too much along the lines of what I would do with a dress like that...
:lol:

I'm working on branching out more, but I'm still a bit reserved about certain things even when I like them. :blush: I'll get to where I want to be eventually...but for now, I'm showing my funk in subtler ways. Any help along the way is, of course, appreciated! Which is why you're so helpful because you wear so many of the things that I love but don't have the courage to wear. My school is not very condusive to funky fashion or pretty much anything outside of 'normal' behavior ( :rolleyes: :yuk: ), although I'm determined to loosen up a lot before I leave.

I can't wait for college!

I didn't mean that I don't want anything funky, though! I loved your ideas...I would just need suggestions as to how I could pull that sort of thing off gracefully. 'More subtle' doesn't mean traditional necessarily, just...oh, I don't know.

:attempts to unlodge foot from mouth:

:fails:

Prom / Homecoming

Hey u guys,jus wondering if u got any pics of
nice dresses u can wear for prom? :flower:
dont really have any kinda preference,so any pics
will b appreciated

Originally posted by Kimkhuu@May 10th, 2004 - 11:02 am
Website 3
how to walk in that :shock: ?

i need a prom dress toooo...i'm goin to fifth avenue here (its a tiny shop but lotsa nice clothes) probably sometime next week...hoping to get something nice and torquise..pale yellow or pink :heart:

By the way, when I had my prom I wore this black dress that was cut really high on the side. It was sleeveless and the neck was like sortof a turtleneck but with a bit less fabric. The top part of my dress really ressembled this dress (this is Joan Allen at the Oscars)....... Really nice, I still have it in my closet and I am planning to cut it short for maybe clubbing......! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->