When Did You Start Wearing Makeup?

at 11 (7th grade) i wore eyeliner and mascara and blush and some sort of shiny lip gloss...usually flavoured...watermelon or cherry...
then i moved up to full on eyeshadow and coloured mascara...usually royal blue or purple mascara...and several shades of purple shadow...

i also went through a phase in the 90's of perfectly lining my lips and wearing dark lipstick at all times...

now i barely wear any...just blush , blk mascara and clear gloss...if i'm feeling fancy i'll use a tinted moisturizer and a tinted gloss...

Last edited by a moderator:
started when i was eighteen before that a eyelash curler looked like a surgical tool to me!

I wore a tiny bit (when I could be bothered putting it on) when I was 11.

Though I started wearing it properly when I was about 15

i've only really ever wore eyeliner which i've been wearing since i was in about 6th grade. i absolutely can't stand foundation or powder and my lips are too dark naturally for lipstick.

lipgloss starting in 7th grade, the caboodles kind that smells really good. end of freshman year i required a bit of foundation, and occasionally mascara. Now, 16- lipgloss or balm 24/7, zit cover up, and mascara, ooh and powder (i dont feel complete without it)

Around 14,13 I would wear a light amount of makeup. Mascara, concealer and thats about it... 15 is when i started to use eyeliner, eyelash curler, eye shadow and all that. I had this one period where I put alot of make up on, (probably because I was really insecure during that time) but now I don't put as much on like I used to, because I'm way too lazy. These days I only mascara, eyeliner, concealer and occasional eyeshadow.

I started wearing makeup when I was 12 and used to go to raves, it was awful clown-ish makeup (blue lipgloss with glitter on it and blue eyeshadow:doh: :shock: :lol:) and I'd wear it only on weekends..i'd go straight from the shower to school.
I started wearing makeup for real the first time I got dropped out of school and got a job in an office..it was just as boring as it is now (lipgloss, light blush, mascara and foundation). oh and I was 14.

clear mascara, nail polish, lipgloss and powder at about 10 !! lol i was an early starter the ironic thing is though i look realy young now i still look about 13 even though im nearly 16. I started wearing nail polish at about 6 or 7. I wore make up on special occasions from about 7 but i wore make up properly from about 13 (by that i mean full make up foundation, eyeliner etc.)

My 'problem' (so they say...) began at 12 after light experimentation and developed into a full-fledged addiction within the following year.

I was 15 when I was first allowed to wear tinted lipgloss and mascara. And at 27, that still all the more I usually wear. I was allowed to wear more when I was 16, but was generally too lazy to go whole hog with it.

i started around 12 or 11, that was practically anything and everything (except blush and foundation.) I became really into it then a yr later i realized how much trouble it was, so now i dont wear any except my acne cream and moisturizer.

i went to an all-girls high-school that ran pretty much like a convent = super duper strict. One could get suspended for even wearing clear nailpolish.

i always loved playing with makeup, and started wearing a little eyeliner when i was about 11 or so, on weekends when i went to the mall.

At 16 came to Canada and went to a regular high-school, so i stepped it up a notch, wearing coloured lipgloss, peach blush and some more eyeliner. Sometimes wore tinted moisturizer.

Didn't start wearing foundation until age 21, when i had a horrible allergic reaction to sunscreen.

Now: full-on coverage and colour. lawdy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started experimenting with it when I was about 5 yrs old, I really started to wear it when I was like 12.

Around 14 or 15 i started wearing mascara, lip gloss and eye liner.

I was attracted to nail polish, got my hands on it when reaching 11.
Then, I painted my lips red only at home at age 13. But really wore it since 16.
Even now I don't wear make up very often..(either I forget or I don't remember or I'm not in the mood)

15 years old is when I started to routinely wear makeup, eyeshadow, eyeliner, blush ahd lipgloss, etc.

I started to do it like at age 15, but I only started getting good at it till like a year ago... I am 24 now.

god this thread has brought it all back!

i must admit i used to cake the stuff on when i was younger it was so awful. i cant actually believe it was possible to get that much make-up on my face. i must have looked terrible!:doh:

think i might just sit and cry thinking about it:cry:

i dont wear that much now compared to then but i have got the whole eyeliner addiction going on. a firm believer i am that mainly only young people can get away with very dark eye make-up im going through the phase of doing it as much as i can so its not too late and regret not doing it if that makes any sense at all!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->