When Did You Start Wearing Makeup?

I think i was about twelve when i got into wearing it from a new friend i made as she had older sisters so she'd been wearing it for awhile...Christ i think i looked like cleopatra back then from the way i used to apply make-up! I'll sit and cry with you cowboyboots!

I think around 13 yrs old...I was so bad at it back then! I don't wear nearly as much now.

everyone was wearing make up around me and I was so jealous because mother dearest wouldn't let me. She let me wear under eye concealer starting in 5th grade because people made fun of my "bags".....
And then she let me wear full on cover up when I was 14 because it was a few shades too light for her so she gave it to me... ... wasn't allowed to touch anything past lip balm till 8th grade.

i used eyeliner (for yearbook pictures and class pictures only) when i was 12. maybe when i was a senior in high school was when i started using foundation (i have pretty good skin though) and started doing the eye make up (which i OVER USE now)...so yea, i'd say when i was around 17.

After fighting with my mother, in the 6th grade I began wearing lip gloss; in 9th grade I was wearing gloss and mascara and by the time I was in 12th grade, I was wearing a full face (foundation, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, lips...).

Ever since God slapped my face with the hand of ugliness and tiredness :lol: :lol: :rofl:

This is so interesting to read!!! love this thread

I was never allowed to wear makeup out, other than painting my nails, until the summer before seventh grade. Then I started wearing clear mascara, shimmery blue and pink eyeshadows, and nude lipsticks to impress the boy that had music lessons after me. It didn't work.

However, I have been allowed to purchase makeup and whatevers since I was old enough to want to, and had been experimenting with red lipstick and white face powder to look like Queen Amidala, etc etc :lol:

At the start of seventh grade I graduated to black or navy mascara, colorful eyeshadows, maybe some CG pressed powder, eyeliner, and brown shimmery lipsticks.

I have slowly climbed my way from there to what I'm wearing today, as a 9th grade Freshman:

Chanel Natural Teint Foundation
Philosophy He Makes Me Blush dark dark blush
Shiseido Sunscreen Compact spf 35
Revlon skinlights Pressed powder
Almay brown eyeliner
Estee Lauder shimmery neutral eyeshadow
Lancome Definicils mascara
Versace Light Up Lips

So yeah, I wear alot now. :blush:

i've worn lip gloss for a long while, but in mid-9th grade, i started with eyeliner and mascara. then in summer of 10th grade, my obssession with sephora started. i basically learned how to do my own makeup. now, i'm in 12th, i use concealers, blush, etc. i still dont wear lipstick though. i cant stand them.

My mom never wore makeup (EVER, she had 3 brothers and I don't think her mom wore it either, hehe). I have an older brother so no help from that quarter either...I never wore makeup, except for ballet recitals, until at least eighth grade. I remember being allowed to buy light green eyeshadow and this nasty minty eyeliner (both cover girl I think), and those lipsmacker glosses. That was pretty much all I had until I was 17/18, senior year of highschool. My sister in law helped me buy my first lipstick, and I was really into the metallic silver eyeshadow and eyeliners of shimmery pastels (*blushes in shame*). I didn't start wearing mascara until I was 20 and went on term abroad with girls who used it all the time. I now wear mascara nearly every day, along with blush (bec I am pale) and lip balm, and concealer for zits. I have a TON of lipsticks and eyeshadows, but I go thorugh "phases" of wearing them. I do the smoky eye thing sometimes for going out at night, and I am slowly being converted to eyeliner use (by my little sister, hehe).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reseneace said:
I think i was about twelve when i got into wearing it from a new friend i made as she had older sisters so she'd been wearing it for awhile...Christ i think i looked like cleopatra back then from the way i used to apply make-up! I'll sit and cry with you cowboyboots!

im still crying about it now. think i need a support group!:cry:

Kimkhuu said:
Started experimenting with it when I was about 5 yrs old, I really started to wear it when I was like 12.

Actually at 12 I sarted wearing PAINT (yes, yuck real paint) on my lids..... Of course, I don't do that anymore. ^_^

I started wearing mascara and eyeliner when I was about 12 and so did most of the girls in my class. Now makeup pretty much equals party/date/special occation for me. Most days I just wear moisturizer and concealer. I'm too lazy and too tired in the morning to put makeup on just to go to a lecture or whatever.

i've had lipsticks and glosses to play w/ since i was in yr 6...but the first time i ever touched makeup was when i was 14yo and performing in a dance concert.

now im older...i love my foundation, eyeliner, mascara...
blotting paper is a girls best friend~~

nail polish as 13/14 and eye make up at 15/16 ... and 19 ..just turned 20 .. the MOST amount of stuff and the stuff just gets better.

but on an everyday basis only eye make up (LOVE IT)... its too humid here to put anything on your skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started when I was 16. I still dont wear much make up, just when I'm in the mood for dressing up ^_^

Realistically, 5 yrs old. But officially, on a regular basis where I was purchasing when I would run out, 12 yrs old. There was a period of one year where I wore none at all just because and that was when I was 17. My makeup now is much simpler on a daily basis than in my earlier years with the exception of parties/special events or a certain outfit.

OlgaKorbut said:
I started wearing mascara and eyeliner when I was about 12 and so did most of the girls in my class. Now makeup pretty much equals party/date/special occation for me. Most days I just wear moisturizer and concealer. I'm too lazy and too tired in the morning to put makeup on just to go to a lecture or whatever.

That's very true, when you're young, you wear tons, and now I am just too lazy to spend more than 2 minutes on my makeup. I remember when I was in high school, I used to spend like 45 minutes in the bathroom every morning to put on foundation, mascara, eyeyliner, eyeshadow, lipstick, lipgloss, blush.....

about age 13...... lipstick, then a little eyeliner. then i went punk rock so my make up was pretty theatrical at times around age 15-16, lots of colourful shadows, urban decay was just luanched so i went crazy with their line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minidee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->