Who is Your Favorite Football/Soccer Player?

I thought it was Xavi who would win. :( He's at his peak right now and such a class act. I am just worried he cannot keep his form for many more seasons. Don't get me wrong, Messi is fantastical, but Xavi deserved to win this year, I mean, he deserves a lot of credit for the WC win.

On another note though, the starting XI of FIFA are OK, except I would have made the following changes: Instead of the OVERRATED :rolleyes: Casillas, I would have chosen Victor Valdes (why is he soooo underrated???) or Julio Cesar. Although I don't personally like Sneijder, yes, he did deserve his spotin the starting XI although I prefer Pirlo (who achieved nothing last year)!!! And instead of Ronaldo, I would have put either Pedro.... (OK, I just HATE Ronaldo).

On another note, I just found this and it's just sooo funny: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
tumblrl9dkmyzmvq1qzvxm5.gif

boards.ign.com/soccer

yes totally agree about xavi!

hmm is kind of hard putting Victor V. in iker casillas just b/c they r in the same team,iker is the one that plays all the games,team captain n also he won the golden gloves. he really was the biggest goal keeper of the year, i think:D

i would have put sergio ramos same where! lol^_^
i also like xavi alonso i thinks he is a grear player!

and yeah kind of agree with ronaldo,but not pedro.
i think they just choose ronaldo b/c he has a big name in sports.
but then again if not him? who? i dont really think pedro is as big as the rest.

^ That's why this award is such b****. :innocent:

It's a shame Victor Valdes does not get enough caps at an International level because club wise he's so much better than Casillas.

As for Ronaldo, I said Pedro cause I was just out of names, it's simply that I hate Ronaldo. So annoying and self centered. :rolleyes:

As for your love Sergio Ramos (lol), he's good at going forward but I have doubts on his defending skills. Don't get me wrong, he's hot and all, but I think he still has room for improvement (all those missed shots).

Last edited by a moderator:
^ That's why this award is such b****. :innocent:

It's a shame Victor Valdes does not get enough caps at an International level because club wise he's so much better than Casillas.

As for Ronaldo, I said Pedro cause I was just out of names, it's simply that I hate Ronaldo. So annoying and self centered. :rolleyes:

As for your love Sergio Ramos (lol), he's good at going forward but I have doubts on his defending skills. Don't get me wrong, he's hot and all, but I think he still has room for improvement (all those missed shots).

yeah i can handle the true, i know sergio can b much better!!-_-
but yeah like i said maybe they just put ronaldo0 because they were out of names too!:lol:

how many players from spain you think will survive for the next WORLD CUP?
or even the euro cup?

about valdes.

as a true culé i can honestly say that he has gotten better in these last couple of seasons, but how much of that is him and how much of that is his defense. the back line for Barça, just in case you didn't know, consists of:

Valdes
Dani Alves, Pique, Puyol, Abidal

arguably, the best defense. probably inter with Maicon, Walter Samuel and Lucio can compare, but not Real Madrid's defense.

in that sense, what has been saving Valdes a lot these past season is his defense. just look at shots on goal and compare with Casillas. not a fan of los blancos, but Casillas is a WALL. his positioning is almost always spot on. Valdes has better reflexes though, but he still commits some mistakes that make me :blink:.

Casillas, overrated, NO.
Valdes, underrated, YES.

truly barca defence line is the best!

but yeah like i said b4 for victor valdesis kind of hard,just b/c he have casilla,which may not b better then V,but he has more exposure.

therefore until casillas stop playin V,will b more known,fomous or get more recognition.
then again i think they r only one year old from each other. so i dont know. will be interesting to see how this turn out!

if Iker Casillas wouldn't have been the keeper in the world cup Spain wouldn't be world champion by now , half of the cup is his :lucky:

if Iker Casillas wouldn't have been the keeper in the world cup Spain wouldn't be world champion by now , half of the cup is his :lucky:

yes i really think iker is good GK,but i dont know if better then V, but still they won so im HAPPY!

how many players from spain you think will survive for the next WORLD CUP?
or even the euro cup?

I know Puyol said he would stick around until Euro 2012 then retire so we won't see him next time. Euro 2012 might be Xavi's last major tournament, I think he's too injured to stay until the next WC. I am sure we'll see more of
  • Pedro :heart: (he's just sooooooo good, he's a bit overshadowed by Messi at Barca, but I think he's excellent)
  • Sergio Busquets
  • Sergio Ramos
  • Alonso maybe (I honestly don't care much about him)
  • way more of Cesc Fabregas (could be the next Xavi if he actually makes sure his passes are complete most of the time! :rolleyes:)
  • Iniesta (only 26 so he most probably will be there)
  • Villa will surely be around (though I doubt he could keep this terrific in 4 more years!)
  • Pique (my love :heart::heart::heart::heart:) will still be around
As for the Victor Valdes vs Casillas debates, Casillas has more international caps and I doubt the spanish coach will give more place for Valdes as both are approx the same age. I heard that David De Gea is sensed as being the replacement for Casillas when he retires.

Last edited by a moderator:
what!! David De Gea really.?:shock:

pedro-i think the same
cesc-of course
pique- grande,definetly :heart:

iniesta maybe not sure :unsure:

i really dont think villa,busquets,alonso will.

do u really think sergio will?i mean all the best to him but im not sure.:unsure:

Have you seen De Gea (age 20) play?

just yesterday for the derbi for la Copa del Rey.
the boy was solid!.
they score three on him, but his defense just broke down infront of him.

i would like to add to the list Bojan (age 20)
sick player three seasons ago, going through a rough spell,
but he will bounce back to his predator self.

what about el Niño Torres. seems everyone forgot about him.
he was better than Villa two years ago, but also seems to be going trough a tough season, recovering his form after the injury.

other players off the top of my head

Fernando Llorente (age 25)
Sergio Canales (age 19)
Andreu Fontas (age 21)
Thiago (age 19) in my opinion, he is the one to replace Xavi. iniesta's style is different.

Have you seen De Gea (age 20) play?

just yesterday for the derbi for la Copa del Rey.
the boy was solid!.
they score three on him, but his defense just broke down infront of him.

i would like to add to the list Bojan (age 20)
sick player three seasons ago, going through a rough spell,
but he will bounce back to his predator self.

what about el Niño Torres. seems everyone forgot about him.
he was better than Villa two years ago, but also seems to be going trough a tough season, recovering his form after the injury.

other players off the top of my head

Fernando Llorente (age 25)
Sergio Canales (age 19)
Andreu Fontas (age 21)
Thiago (age 19) in my opinion, he is the one to replace Xavi. iniesta's style is different.

totally familiar with de gea.just surprise,really surprise that u said he is the one that is supposed to get iker place.

i do i agree with bojan,he is going to stick wit barca until 2014 hopefully het get more time in the games.

i dont know about llorente.maybe

sergio yes.
thiago will still be 23,in 4 years.it all depends really i tough he was italian?sorry dont really follow him

Bojan, Llorente and Sergio Canales have a lot of work in their hands when the Spain's current top players retire. :shock: And De Gea is gonna get even better with time so I think he's not a bad choice as Iker's replacement at the international level. I've also read in the news a while back that Barca are thinking of bidding De Gea for the club when he will be up for sale. As for Torres, it's sad he still hasn't recovered his pre-surgery form. I don't think he'll ever be able to match his previous form. :(

It's cool how we're strictly speaking of players form La Liga. Goes on to show they're currently the best league in the world.

On another note, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON between Fabregas and Pique? I mean, how many time has Pique been mentioning he wants Fabregas' a** at Barca! As though no one gets it!!!! :rolleyes::lol: In each interview/conference, he cannot resist mentioning his love for Fabregas!!! I just had to post this :

tumblr_lf29ibiWiK1qdzs6s.gif

tumblr.com/tagged/gerard-pique

hahaha yes pique n fabregas r crazy in love!!
pique is really such a lovely guy,u always see him huggin all of his besties(puyol,cesc,bojan) he is adorable.
i think all people from spain r.
sergio ramos is always kissin iker. they just like to show love to the people they care!

yeah pique said he will like fabregas to be back at barca to be like the old times,but i dont know. guardiola doesnt not seem to pay that much interest in him. fabregas have siad b4 he will like to be in another team,just to achieve more things. but who knows.
it will be hilarious he end it up in REAL MADRID hahaha(kiddin)

i dont know cant wait to see barca vs arcenal!

^ Barca vs Arsenal is going to be interesting! Unless Barca messes up (which I doubt would happen), they will win, I am confident in their talent! :P:D And we'll see more hugging/tugging between Fabregas and Pique.

Speaking of Pique being affectionate, it's funny when the rumors of him being gay started from the pic of him and Zlatan! It's ridiculous how they can make a scandal out of two men hugging. If they're gay, so be it. If they're not so be it. What's disgusting is Zlatan's being offended by the interviewer asking him about the pic. The interviewer is ridiculous, but he's even more ridiculous! :rolleyes:

On another note, speaking outside of La Liga, I am happy to see Inter are starting to win matches. I hope they can keep it up and hopefully finish 2nd or 3rd in Serie A. Anyone like me feels a bit underwhelmed when watching Serie A games? The level of play is a tad lower than la Liga. Even more painful to watch is the English Premier League. OK, I know English fans REALLY love their team, but at the beginning of the season, I watched Liverpool's first game and another one from Chelsea and it made me realized how much La Liga is out of this world! Premier League is a snooze fest (continually missing passes, low speed, less talent......). :innocent:
Anyone feels the same way? :huh:

yess pique playing again fabregas will be soo koo,they fight for the ball like they hate each other but then at the end they hug like the are in love.for me that is whtt soccer is about.(sergio not a good example,lol)

i agree about zlatan,if u r sure of what u are. then y u get so deffensive?n mad?
i dont really follow the English Premier League for the same reason,only watch some majors matchs.

in la liga every game is so interesting,well must of them. i really like barca n the players on it,but i dont enjoy it when they win something like 8-0 or something like that i like games that keep me in suspense.y watch games that u know that gonna be boring n just wahh.
u know what i mean?

^ Ditto! The only games I found interesting to watch this season so far were

• Atletic Bilbao vs Barcelona
  • Real Madrid vs AC Milan
  • Barcelona vs Real Madrid
  • Atletico Madrid vs Barca
  • Inter vs AC Milan
  • Real Madrid vs Villareal
For the rest, it was quite obvious that Real and Barca always swallow their opponents by a HUGE margin! :lol: That's why I can't wait for the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League as well as the upcoming Clasico!!!!!!!

In regards to La Liga being the best.....

i don't think so. yes, they have two of the best teams in all of europe, but we will see how far they get this year in the Champions League.

remember Barça failed to advance against Inter last year, Madrid stumbled at Lyon, AGAIN. :lol:

i think other leagues (Serie A, EPL, Ligue 1) are in general more competitive. the difference in the tables are minimal, while in La Liga, Barça already has a 10+ point difference between them and the rest (excluding madrid). since the last decade it has been the same story every year, either Barcelona or Real Madrid win the league. not what La Liga needs: a two horse race. the big 4 of the EPL are not the same this year. Inter won't repeat and I'm rooting for Marseille to make a come back and repeat.

Yes, la Liga is enjoying a good spell with the best team in the history of the game, and Madrid throwing money out the window trying to play catch up with Barcelona, but i don't think it is the best. Until the likes of Sevilla, Valencia, Atletico Madrid, Villareal or Athletic C. Bilbao step up their game, la Liga will not be as good as it should be.

kind of agree with u about la liga.
it really is almost the same result at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->