Who is Your Favorite Football/Soccer Player?

dorien, I agree with you on the fact that there's nothing to leave us in doubt as to who could win La Liga. Rather, I was judging the teams in terms of quality and style of play. La Liga is, by far, a step above the other leagues in the world.

Yes Inter did get Barca's a** last year but I still think Barca played a better game and it was much beautiful to watch compared to Inter's boring counter attack strategy.

Speaking of Inter, I have an app on my Blackberry showing they only played 18 games so far compared to other teams from Serie A who played 20 already? Can someone please clarify that for me but the app I have really su*** so I don't know if the info it's giving is up to date or not.

^

the app is correct. inter have only played 18 games.
reason being that they were participating in the 2010 Club World Cup

if you recall, they won the Champions League last seasons and therefore had to compete against the best team of Africa, Asia, South America, and North America. winners of their respective UEFA Champions league. in North America it is called the Concaf, in the South America Conmebol.

the others i don't know. so they still have 2 games to play with a few teams who have only played 19 matches in the Serie A.

but going back to that Barcelona vs Inter game at the Camp Nou.
we should have won that 2-0 and won by aggregate. there was no handball by Yaya, Bojan scored after it bounce off his yaya's stomach.
still pissed about that one. it would have a been a repeat championship. whomever won that knock out stage was set to win it all. Bayern didn't have the guns to compete.

anyways.
Visca Barça!

^ Ok so they're two games behind, which means if they win the two missing matches they could be right now at 38 points! :woot:

By the way I had to share this article about Balotelli. I didn't know there could exist someone with an even bigger ego than Ronaldo. But here he is in all his glory (this comes from the same guy that says only Messi is slightly better than him! :yuk::rolleyes::(

Mario Balotelli: Wayne Rooney is not the best striker in Manchester

Source: guardian.co.uk
Tuesday 18 January 2011

• Mario-Balotelli-007.jpg

Wayne Rooney has become the latest England player to be criticised by Mario Balotelli. The Manchester City striker previously claimed he had never heard of Jack Wilshere when the Arsenal midfielder finished runner-up to the Italian in a poll of Europe's best young players.
    Now Balotelli has set his sights on his city rival Rooney. "He [Rooney] is a very good player but not the best [striker] in Manchester," said Balotelli.

The 20-year-old also claimed that he is as popular with Manchester United fans as he is with City's. "Do United fans insult me? No, they stop me in the street and say: 'Mario, come to us'. But I dream of beating them because I know how much the City fans care, they are wonderful with me."
    The Italian, who is sidelined by a knee injury that may require an operation, claimed that Manchester City have a strike force that is the envy of every other club in Europe.

"Our attack of Balotelli-Tevez-Dzeko is the best in the world," Balotelli told Extra Time. "We are the strongest. Better even than Barcelona and Real Madrid."

Balotelli also aimed a jibe at his former Internazionale manager José Mourinho who, he believes, lacks the man-management skills of his current Manchester City manager, Roberto Mancini.
    "[Mourinho] is the best coach in the world, but as a man he still has to learn manners and respect," Balotelli said. "[Mancini] is the most important coach I've ever had. He'll soon become the No1 in the world. But already now, in terms of human qualities, he is two kilometres ahead of Mourinho, wait, make that 10 kilometres.
    "He continually repeats to me: 'When I joined Sampdoria from Bologna [early in his career] I already felt I was the best of all. Then I realised how hard I had to work to improve.' I've got the message."

Balotelli was also critical of Rafael Benítez, who succeeded Mourinho at San Siro last summer before being dismissed last month. "He just told me: 'You come after Milito, Eto'o and Pandev, fourth-choice striker.' I said: 'That's it, ciao.'"

I had to share this, too funny: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

tumblr_lfc8nlo3wV1qehsnqo1_500.jpg

[ tumblr.com/tagged/gerard-pique ]

^ 15 is Ramos but the guy looks like Capdevilla more. :lol:

On another note, Inter lost their game today against Cesena. :(
Speaking of Inter, there's been rumors about Mourinho leaving Madrid and going to England or making a return to Inter....... What do you think?

yes i notice those rumors too.
what i understand or feel is people from inter miss him a lot,the speech that Wesley Sneijder did at FIFA Ballon d'Or 2010 was really emotional,both of them almost crying.
and i also feel that Mourinho want to be back. i mean after been the winner of the first "treble" in Italian history in the season 2009–2010, with Inter. what else can they wish for?

about england i dont know. did they said what team?

now about him leaving real madrid? i dont think so.i hope not. i think he does a good job,so i doubt real madrid people will let him go.

^ I am not sure which teams in England. As for Real Madrid not letting him go I am not sure. There's rumours on him not getting along with the president especially after he publicly said he felt the club was not backing him (referring to his criticism of referees and the need to find a striker). And Valdano the sporting director of the club used to hate him.

Anyways, I hope the club gives him time and space. If he can't do the job few are those who could.

On a side note, my mom is crazy about the "special one". I do get his charm as well and he's pretty upfront and funny in interviews.
Posted via Mobile Device

i dont know,i really dont want him to.i think he is doing a good job with team.and the players seem to really like them.(most of them).

i thought Pellegrini was doing a good job with Real Madrid last season.
they didn't win anything, but they went down to the last game
in La Liga which Barcelona eventually won with 99 points, just three more than Madrid.

they were competing with a historic team, but they did very well,
Barcelona won everything. what else can be said.
they gave Pellegrini one season to win silverware and you can't do that.

Pep achieved results on his first season, but many of the players were already there, the backbone was already there from the Rijkaard era. Pep was also managing Barça B so he is well familiar with the Barcelona style.

Mou is already 4 points behind, they just bough Adebayor to fill in Higuain's number 9. i've watched some Real games, not impressed.
y la manita, as we call the 5 - 0 victory, pellegrini didn't loose like that. Mou came in to win silverware at any cost, not to play beautiful fútbol. i honestly don't think they can win La Liga, Sevilla will give them hell in La Copa del Rey and if they happen to beat Sevilla - Barcelona will be waiting for the final, they won't reach the finals of the Champions league.
no silverware again. Mou might return to Serie A. or if Sir Alex Ferguson retires, he might take over Man U. of course Chelsea would take him back.

any other time, Mou in Real Madrid would have won trophies, but he is currently up against the best team in the history of the game.

i still think he is doing a good job,i mean the suffer the lost of el pipita,so the team is going to a rough time trying to figure out.

:blink:i dont know,i really dont think many teams(if any) can beat barca.i mean the team is really,really strong!
real madrid vs sevilla is gonna b really a good game(like the last one)
i do think sevilla will be victorious!:wink:

who can forget gerard pique manita!:brows:

i do think barca will be :king: in la liga,dont know about copa del rey

^hehe lovely Pique was funny!

Although I am still not feeling Mou's Real Madrid, they have a chance at beating Sevilla. Nothing can be said for sure because the copa del rey is the only trophy Sevilla will have a chance of getting this season! But we'll have to wait till tomorrow to get an idea and on the return game as well!

The idea of seeing Barca play Real Madrid in copa del rey final three days after their much awaited el clasico in Madrid's field is VERY mouthwatering. If you know what I mean!

Hopefully now that's Mou's got Abdeyor on his team as the new striker it will give his side a bit of boost. Although I don't want Real Madrid to beat MY team Barca, I still felt sorry seeing them hammered 5-0 last time! You should have seen Mou's face after the 2nd goal, he was turning bright red!!! It is crazy the pressure that is put on him to beat Barca! Like he said he was not hired to beat them, however if the club want some silverware, they will have to eventually beat Barca! I've read in the news that Perez is already preparing a contingency plan should Mou leave this summer. His top choices include Ancoletti, Rafa Benitez, Laurent Blanc and Mancini.

None of them can measure up to Mou!! They have to give him at least one more season!
Posted via Mobile Device

i do think that mou,should stay for one more season.
i dont like any of those choices.

The idea of seeing Barca play Real Madrid in copa del rey final three days after their much awaited el clasico in Madrid's field is VERY mouthwatering. If you know what I mean!

yes i know what u mean this could be really good or really bad.(for real madrid)
i hope i can watch the games today.
on a side note happy b-day to Mou!
Read more: Who is Your Favorite Football/Soccer Player? - Page - the Fashion Spot http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f5...ball-soccer-player-51960-7.html#ixzz1C9xCVcey

^After yesterday's game it is clear Barca is in the final of Copa del Rey and I would say 75% certain for Real Madrid! It's a good thing for both team especially for Real who hasn't been in the final since!?!? ....

Despite the team constantly improving and the signing of Abdeyor, Mou expressed yesterday his interest to return to England (Manchester City, Manchester United or Chelsea).

Although I want Barca to be on top of everything cause they're my favorite team, having Mou in Spain kind of heated things up a bit and his crazy antics added spice to la liga. I will be sad should he leave. However if real doesn't win any trophies this season, I would be suprised if he left this summer with no mission accomplished. This would hurt too much his ego. And also Valdano has promised yesterday to give him more space and autonomy... ... After all he's not just any coach... ... He's the special one! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm glad Karim scored yesterday! He's quickly becoming one of my favorites.

i really enjoy the games yestersday.
of course barca won very easy.
real madrid not soo much.
i think barca is gonna win everything.im getting tired.not of them winnig,but the way they do. i mean 5-0 is just not fun when have those final score.i feel sorry for whoever loses agains them.it just not fun. i donno maybe is just me.

^being a barca fan, I have to admit I am watching less of their games because the result is too predictable. The only upcoming matches I am looking forward (when an opponent actually poses a "medium" threat) is the ones against Arsenal, games following that in the champions league and the two matches against Madrid in April!
Posted via Mobile Device

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
regbijs123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->