Who Was Better For Chloé?

I prefer Pheobe, her work seems so much more effortless :flower:
Although, I was looking at some of the previous Chloe collections (when they were both designers) and there truly were a lot of great designs in them :blush:

looking back at what stella did at chloe it's a shame that she is not taking the same enthusiasm with her last previous collections

Stella help me re-discover the brand but I just love everything Phoebe has created as well.
F.Hume
B.Aires
malba_popup_moda.jpg

Museo de Arte Latinoamericano de Buenos Aires
MALBA

Phoebe definitely.

Although I really liked the first collections Stella did for Chloé and ofcourse SS 2001 but I think Stella is better on her own and Phoebe is better for Chloé.

stella was good for chloe and it was good for her!i mean that collection posted on the first page was one of the collections that made gisele

Originally posted by Urban Stylin@Dec 3 2004, 06:19 AM
stella was good for chloe and it was good for her!i mean that collection posted on the first page was one of the collections that made gisele
[snapback]447880[/snapback]​

:shock: omg really!!

I think Pheobe Philo was the one that did more for the brand. She was one of the first in going for the over-the-knee boots over trousers; a trend that was so big that seems to keep going!

I really like both of them but I think phoebe really made this brand this huge~

I so luuuurrrved her collection S/S 2005 and also the fab F/W collection

although it was not directly done by phoebe herself, still keeping up the incredible work!!

datura001 said:
I think when Stella was involved, it was a lot more quirky...the girls together did such a great job. With P P on her own, it's become a lot more streamlined and consistent. I almost think of her as a female Tom Ford in some ways, especially when her consistent focus on the 70s and that kind of slinky, jet set glamour...except that she does it from a female point of view. It's much more empowered and versatile though it still has it's very own unique form of glitz and glamour. It's wonderful to see a woman in fashion do such a good job of presenting power and sexuality in a way that's not as anime as some male designers favor.
wonderful, on the point commentary, datura001 :wink: strongly agree

i like them both but i kinda think phoebe made the line more appealing to the youth a little bit more but still maintain her loyal customers. ALso she made pieces that everybody wanted :smile:

Stella obviously picked Chloe’s sales up a lot but I just love Phoebe’s design’s

Let's not forget how much Karl Lagerfeld did for Chloe back in the day. As for Phoebe vs. Stella I woul definitely say Phoebe Philo made it what it is right now. Not only did she make the show a must-see, she finally defined got the look pinned down. In McCartney's hands it seemed to fluctuate. Also, on net-a-porter.com Chloe is the best seller, some of the pieces have been restocked twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->