Who Was Better For Chloé?

I like Both, but Phoebe's pieces are more wearable....so if I have choose one b/w them, I'll go with Phoebe

CharlottefromCA said:
Why did Stella leave? I'm sorry I'm sort of out of the fashion loop..
Gucci Group offered to restart her label, which probably looked attractive to Stella not just financially, but also because she would be able to control all aspects of the design and production, including choice of materials; in other words, she wouldn't have to work with leather.

My vote would be for Phoebe Philo.

But...when Stella and Phoebe were both designing Chloe, the line had such a great new energy. There weren't many clothes being made at the time for the young, cool, confident, going-out-on-the-town girl, and they kind of captured that brilliant attitude. The two of them together obviously had a great synergy because once they went their separate ways, their respective collections became so different from what they were designing previously, somehow less exciting. Although they have both put out great collections since then, I don't think they ever recaptured the exhilarating quality of the line when they were working together. I think I'm butchering this saying, but it's something like: the sum of the parts is greater than the parts themselves...

Phoebe Philo...but I love them both, and I'm glad Stella is still around.

Cicciolina said:
Phoebe

but I think Stella McCartney was integral, as it really raised the profile of Chloe and brought it to the mainstream again. But design wise, Phoebe is much better.

This is exactly how I feel.

pheobe is doing a phenomenal job at Chloe.

Stella without a doubt, Philos stuff is just a tad to sweet for me....

stella here. i loved that collection that had the slinky chiffons and also the one with the horses!

ELLE_ME said:
Stella without a doubt, Philos stuff is just a tad to sweet for me....

that's probably why I like Pheobe's designs better :flower:

I liked Stella's collections and she made Chloé more well-known, but I prefer Stella on her own and Phoebe for Chloé. I really like her flowy and romantic touches.

This shouldn't even be a topic, wrong choice of words. Who's made more money for Chlo, Chlo? Sales are jumpin', that's the beginning, middle, end, sequel...

yeny said:
My vote would be for Phoebe Philo.

But...when Stella and Phoebe were both designing Chloe, the line had such a great new energy. There weren't many clothes being made at the time for the young, cool, confident, going-out-on-the-town girl, and they kind of captured that brilliant attitude. The two of them together obviously had a great synergy because once they went their separate ways, their respective collections became so different from what they were designing previously, somehow less exciting. Although they have both put out great collections since then, I don't think they ever recaptured the exhilarating quality of the line when they were working together. I think I'm butchering this saying, but it's something like: the sum of the parts is greater than the parts themselves...

Totally agree :rolleyes:

I am very much unfamiliar with the works at Chloe before Phoebe arrived, so my opinion on this whole matter might not just count very heavily, but still, I think Phoebe is perfect at Chloe. I just watched the SS 05 Chloe FashionFile clip and it won my heart again. I just kept on thinking, what a great designer! So my vote goes to Phoebe, even though my vote doesn't count :P

Phoebe Philo of course.

That's not to say that I didn't like Stella's work. But, simply put, Phoebe is just a better match for the label.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theseaswell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->