Who Was Better For Chloé?

i bet there's already a topic on this isn't there. most likely

Phoebe without a doubt. :heart: She designs beautiful clothes that a woman can actually wear .There was a great article about her in the Fall 2004 issue of the WWD magazine. According to the article she has really driven up profits for the company, particularly in the area of accessories, which now account for 1/4 of sales. I also read that under her direction, all of the Chloe shops are now profitable.

No question- Pheobe. She's awesome. Chloe under her direction has become one of my fav lines.

I really liked Chloe when Stella designed it...I know that Phoebe had a big part in the design process, but I liked the whole rock n' roll aesthetic more... :flower:

00003.L.JPG
:heart: :heart: :heart:

00015.L.JPG

Well when Stella did Chloe, Phoebe did it with her ... I liked their stuff as team!

I think when Stella was involved, it was a lot more quirky...the girls together did such a great job. With P P on her own, it's become a lot more streamlined and consistent. I almost think of her as a female Tom Ford in some ways, especially when her consistent focus on the 70s and that kind of slinky, jet set glamour...except that she does it from a female point of view. It's much more empowered and versatile though it still has it's very own unique form of glitz and glamour. It's wonderful to see a woman in fashion do such a good job of presenting power and sexuality in a way that's not as anime as some male designers favor.

Originally posted by ebowleg@Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:35 pm
I really liked Chloe when Stella designed it...I know that Phoebe had a big part in the design process, but I liked the whole rock n' roll aesthetic more... :flower:

00003.L.JPG
:heart: :heart: :heart:

00015.L.JPG
i agree, but i find that Chloe now is quite different so its hard to compare...i like both... :P

Originally posted by ebowleg@Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:35 pm
... but I liked the whole rock n' roll aesthetic more... :flower:
can anyone say...fall 2003.

Attachments

• 100101158.jpg
    100101158.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 116
i dunno about you but i think this has a lot of rock and roll mentality in it.

Attachments

• 100101199.jpg
    100101199.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 66
I love them both. They both know how to flatter a woman's body and make her feel fun and girly at the same time. 2 very cool gurlz!

Oops! I accidentally clicked on Stella. I agree with most of you that the two made a fantastic team. When Stella first came to Chloe, she turned the house upside down and all around with a modern feel. I think that Phoebe had a very strong role in that, otherwise she wouldn't have been given the opportunity to take hold of the reigns. Now that she has a few seasons under her belt, I think she is the one who is going to drive this company successfully. She is consistent and focused in her design, and I look forward to seeing what she is doing every season. I wish I could say the same for Stella with her own label. It's good, but not great.

Pheobe Philo-I mean, that Spring 2004 collection for Chloe was so ama :heart: zing-I have never wanted so much stuff from the same designer-the apple green dress, the butterfly necklace, the jeans, :P the woven belt! I'd probably say it was my favourite collection so far this year. And the bags.... :P I want all of those bags!!

The only thing I didn't like were the shoes :sick: And I wouldn't wear those jeans so high waisted!. Stella McCartney was obviously good but Pheobe Philo is just so much better :wink:

Stella. I haven't liked anything Phoebe has done. Her stuff has been either too bohemian or too retro. I loved Stella's collections for her mix of masculine/feminine and the overall coolness of it.

I voted for PP but I like SM too (that strategically placed pineapple for Spring 01).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theseaswell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->