Why Do You Shop with Friends who have Similar Taste?

Elegance.Is.Refusal. said:
i've never had this problem does this mean im a bad dresser and no one likes my style:cry:

ah well saves me the problem of having a look alike:lol:

Sorry, pardon? whats that...same top?! :lol:

I echo most of you when I say I shop alone! Everytime I get suckered into going with friends (b/c I think it will be better this time). Shopping is my alone, me time. And plus I hate the validation that my friends need before they will buy something, even if they love it, they have to ask; do you like this? does this look good on me?

i_<3_chanel said:
stilista ppl often ask me where i got my hair cut
& they get annoyed when i tell them i hack at it myself ! :P
Yeah, although some will ask me pronto to chop theirs too :huh: but that's a little too dangerous

shoegal2183 said:
And plus I hate the validation that my friends need before they will buy something, even if they love it, they have to ask; do you like this? does this look good on me?
That bothers me to no end! I have this friend with all the money of the world and still she needs half an hour to decide if she wants that plastic bag. I just can't understand that :lol:

I looooove shopping with myself. Constant R&B beats, with or without Mariah Carey's pitch voice, really get under my skin after a while :unsure: I'm a fast shopper, hopping from shop to shop, I can tell in a heartbeat if the store's right for my needs. I don't want to waste my precious time in Miss Sixty :P

Hm, I very rarely shop with friends, but when I have, I've usually enjoyed it. My friends tend to be more frugal (and rational) than I when it comes to clothing, so on numerous occasions their presence has rescued me from rash purchases in the past. :blush:

I, on the other hand, am nothing but a bad influence...the second anyone so much as casts a sideways glance at something nice, I'm shrieking, "Buy it! Buy it!"...Geez, I suck. Nobody shop with me, ever. :lol:

:rofl:

I don't know Droog - sometimes frugal types need a kick in the pants every now and then to get a truly fabulous, lasting quality piece! Probably a good shopping mix :wink:

Thanks Curious.:flower: (That's exactly what I'll tell myself the next time I drive someone into debt. :evil: :lol: )

droogist said:
Hm, I very rarely shop with friends, but when I have, I've usually enjoyed it. My friends tend to be more frugal (and rational) than I when it comes to clothing, so on numerous occasions their presence has rescued me from rash purchases in the past. :blush:

I, on the other hand, am nothing but a bad influence...the second anyone so much as casts a sideways glance at something nice, I'm shrieking, "Buy it! Buy it!"...Geez, I suck. Nobody shop with me, ever. :lol:

:lol: I would like to take credit from dragging softie away from an expensive scarf at IF the other day... and you call me a shopaholic! :lol:

I enjoy shopping alone mostly.

shopping alone is my job...:ninja:
when i am doing it for myself...
i love having a buddy...

and that is true faust...:lol:...
i actually forgot all about that scarf...(shows how much i really wanted it...:(rolleyes:
but it WAS LOVELY!!...

chris... on the other hand...says yes to EVERYTHING...:lol:...

chris-sure...get it....
me-oh sure...i'm made of money...
:innocent:

I shop alone, but my preferred shopping buddy is my son. He really has an eye for things and putting them together. He also always tells me his honest opinion, which is very refreshing instead of SA's always saying "that looks fab on you!"

One of my pet peeves is if your with someone that always talks about price. They stress it every chance they get "do you know how mucht those shoes are your trying on!?" It just gets very annoying.

I would say its best to go shopping with a guy, but make sure he is into it, or else its really a drag.:innocent:

Well, all my friends are completely uninterested in fashion and I dislike shopping alone. I need someone else's opinion before I buy most stuff.
So i'm like pradaromance but the other way around, I usually shop with my mum. She has a great sense of fashion and is definitely fun to have around (she sometimes want to pay things for me even though I can afford it myself).

I am forced to shop alone because my parents refuse to cart around a carful of girls. :doh:

I shop with my most dear friend, who happens to dress very similar to myself. But we typically shop at vintage shops/thrift stores, so it really isn't often that we can purchase the same things. But other than that, I shop alone...mainly becasue the rest of my friends make crude remarks at the things I pick out.

i'm a lone shopper and occassionally with two other girlfriends who are interested in fashion.
i hate it when you go with other people and they're neutral and give non-commital answers or non-constructive responses.
i'm also guilty of giving vague answers like '...oh, online' or something like that. :innocent:

I never shop with friends anymore, I prefer to go alone or make my boyfriend come with me. I use to go shopping with friends all the time when I was about 14 but now I hate it. I hate the waiting around for them to choose something or try something on when I am wasting valuable shopping time! I dont like people copying my clothes so shopping alone is brilliant. When I was younger me and my friends look all the same because we all liked the same stuff, if one of us had it, the others had to so and so on. When I started developing my own style and they wanted to know where I got stuff from, I lied!

i shop alone. i used to shop with this friend of mine but i was a little cautious and didn't really want her to know all the places i shop or what brands i like. because, well, she tended to copy me somewhat in the clothes department and i hated it. so i love shopping alone now

i do like shopping alone, i dont usually have anyone copying my style. but i do get compliments. and i do buy alot of things on ebay. so i say that alot and gets them off my tail :wink:

I've never had the problem of a friend copying me. I really march to my own drummer and I don't think it would be possible for me to have a friend who was a clinging copycat with nary an original idea. I did have a college roommate who wanted to buy shoes identical to mine, and I strongly encouraged her to buy them in a different color. I think she may have ended up skipping them altogether. She was very insecure and I really can't handle that in my friends.

I did have a manager where we would coincidentally show up on the same day wearing the sameish thing, like cream top, hot pink skirt, that one I remember. Some kinda freakish synchronization thing, don't know how it happened! I'm not a morning person so she was probably getting dressed before me, and I certainly wasn't intentionally wearing the same thing. I do wear a lot of pinky rings, and she had a pinky ring made for herself in a different style from any of mine. I was cool with that.

I sometimes shop with a friend who wears plus sizes, so it's extremely unusual for it to even be possible for us to buy matching stuff. I enjoy helping her shop. When shopping for myself, I usually go alone, sometimes have someone along for the ride. Enjoy it either way.

I don't know why, because we have too similar taste...
Every time we go shopping, we grab the same things and then decide which one of us gets it... It's ridiculous!
Especially, she has a long and lean body, and everything fits her, and I have a trickier short and curvy...
We always find things for each other from fleamarkets.
"This isn't my size, try it on!"
:D

i usually don't shop with friends... very few of my friends have similar tastes. if i shop with my friends who don't share similar tastes with me, then there's the problem of me wanting to go in a store they don't have an interest in and the reverse. with my boyfriend, it's somewhat better because i'll just drag him into the stores anyway, and if he tries to pull me away, my head does like a 180 degree turn and i take note of what i want or tug until he gives in :innocent: my mother is my favorite shopping partner though because she's the most critical, so i usually feel much more assured i've made good choices... although her style is a little more "safe" than mine. i'm all over the place.

i don't shop with my friends because they don't like clothes. I shop alone or with my Mum, sister or husband. ...I once shopped with a certain miss grey who made me buy lots of nice things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->