Why Do You Shop with Friends who have Similar Taste?

I never shop with friends! I always shop alone because I don't want anybody to talk me into something...

I shop alone too, but dammit if some of these co-workers of mine, don't bust their butts to figure out where I purchase my stuff

I have to go with my best friend. We both help each other see the other side of why we should not buy it. She comes in handy and it's not like she is going to be stealing my style. She is to much into the punk music and i'm more classy.

I shop alone also. I can't shop with other people. I don't have very many female friends, and the ones I do have, I can't shop with because they take too long.. When I need something, I go in, get what I need, and move on. Shopping is also my alone time. :flower:

All of my friends have different taste, which is why i love them and we shop together because we are brutally honest with eachother :P

I shop with my mum mainly too because she tells me the truth and knows what i like ( plus has all the money haha).
When it comes to shopping with friends,it doesnt really work cos they are uninterested in fashion and its always quite hectic and disorganised.

bagsnthings said:
I'm having this problem again with one of the women on my job. J Crew is my stable line, I buy about 60% of my work apparel from them and throw in some pieces from Banana Republic, etc. Well, looks like she figured out that I shop their catalog and now my co-worker is all over it. aahhhhh - this has to stop!
You seem kind of conceited..
:innocent:

Iva said:
You seem kind of conceited..
:innocent:

two of co-workers are un-imaginative (or just plain lazy) and can't coordinate an outfit to
save thier lives so they feed off of me - shame!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love shopping alone, that way I have the time to go through each piece and ponder whether I should actually purchase it or not. I would always choose to independently shop, so I don't feel pressured to hurry up and make a decision.

Unfortunately, my younger sister always tags along. Sometimes she's tolerable, most of the time she's not. :angry:

the more i develope, i begin to have similar tastes with the dude i always talk with. yeah it sucks, but what is dope is dope. HA! then sharing comes in which roCKS!

No. I have one, super trendy, super sexy friend who looves Bebe and sexy clothes, but shares the same hatred of Juicy. The other wears suits constantly, sexily, and coordinates interestingly. They both have facets of my style but we disagree on many things. Except this Burberry Prorsum trench we saw that the three of us tried on at the same time, it was gorgeous!! GORGEOUS...

ugh, i remember taking a friend to a store i loved and she never heard of, and the next week i walked in to the store and there she was buying the exact outfit i had bought the week before:shock: I was so mad, i no longer talk to that girl but her friend bartends at the same bar as me and everyweek she goes out and buys what i was wearing the week before....no surprise at all that they are friends.

I shop alone!! When anyone comes along, no matter how close to me, I somehow become frustrasted and rush too quickly. I like shopping to be slow-paced and relaxing :wink:

punky said:
ugh, i remember taking a friend to a store i loved and she never heard of, and the next week i walked in to the store and there she was buying the exact outfit i had bought the week before:shock: I was so mad, i no longer talk to that girl but her friend bartends at the same bar as me and everyweek she goes out and buys what i was wearing the week before....no surprise at all that they are friends.

Yep, people do this crap all the time, you wouldn't think they'd have the nerve, but they do!! That's why ya gonna shop alone and stop telling people where you get your stuff.

I really actually like shopping with my mom. She isn't really into the same kind of style as I am. Neither are my other friends. We just kind of do our own thing when we shop. I'm glad I never had to deal with a copycat!

^Yes, I actually love shopping with my mom. She's so patient, and yes we split up and do our own thing!

I shop most of my clothes online or while I'm in a different country, because I really hate it when people wear the exact same things as I do. I had a few episodes back in high school where a bunch of people would get the exact same outfit as me the day after I wore it (not to mention copying my hair, which was quite inventive back in the day) so now I just enjoy the compliments and watch people frown as I tell them I bought it in LA or Italy or online or where ever :smile:

If I do buy something in the stores here, it's basic pieces that I can combine with something more original. That way I still come out looking unique :wink:

Oh I hate that!! I shop a lot just by myself, but I also enjoy shopping with friends! Fortunately my friends don't buy the same stuff I do, it's just not done in our opinion! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->