Working for Modeling Agencies ... Becoming an Agent, Booker, Scout, Manager

And what's the best way to approach agencies? Just directly write an email asking whether they need someone (if I try my luck with local agencies is it better to call)? And if I should send my resume, what would you advise to write there to make them interested since I have zero experience in working in the industry
I would like to know that as well.

I'm going to university in October where I'm gonna study Russian and Polish. My plan is to take a French course outside university in my free time. After my graduation (or maybe next year during summer) I'd like to intern in some model agency in France. Do you think I have any chance to get the internship or something like that?

Nice to hear. :D Thank you cologne_rocks!
Can I apply only as an intern or may I have a normal full-time job with a contract and everything? I mean, I would like to be paid to pay for rent and all. :blush: I am sorry if my questions are silly but I am new to all this.:rolleyes: And I will repeat my question: what's the best way to approach agencies?

i would just write an e-mail and ask if the need interns ...if they need one i would send my resume and cover letter and thats it.
i always thought about designing my application as a sedcard or showcard to make it stand out....

Or ... in your case, ask if they are hiring. Of course, if they are hiring and wanted to interview you, you would have to travel there to do that. Plus, you would have to have the appropriate visas, etc. to take a job.

i dont think applying for a fulltime job is possible because most of the people who work for the agencies did an intership first....there are so many people out there who would work as an intern for free so you would probably not get paid

thank you very much both!:flower: I emailed a few agencies in London about intership, let's see what happens:P

Yes, I have. How much time does it usually take agencies to answer if they even do it?

I tried the internship thing a lot of times... and I didn't get a good internship yet... You have to writte agencies but usually they don't answer to info@ e-mails... :(

I tried the internship thing a lot of times... and I didn't get a good internship yet... You have to writte agencies but usually they don't answer to info@ e-mails... :(
I emailed around 8 agencies this night and got 2 replies:D
One of the agencies replied that they " do not have any vacancies at present" and another one wrote they already have enough interns but they'll keep my cv in case the situation changes. So far I got 2 polite no's but it's nice to know that they reply at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about trying a good mother agency in a slightly smaller centre? It sounds less exciting, fewer people know who they are, but you would be in contact with the big agencies where you have girls placed, so they would get to know who you are (and maybe how hard you work).

Okay, as much as I love reading 15 pages and 213 posts, I only made it to the seventh page xD I'm pretty sure I want to work in an agency; I'm actually starting a campus based modeling agency at my school.

What is an agency hierarchy like or what are the usual roles in an agency?
What is the difference between a model booker and a model agent?

DNA doesnt pay me though im looking for a job as well
im on the Mens division because womens was full...its kind of weird getting
used to recognizing male models because im so used to knowing female ones but
im getting the hang of it...its like a big family there

to anyone in NY...Supreme might be looking for a new intern soon i believe

i go to school in massachusets but i'm an international student. do you think i would be able to intern at a an agency in NY over the summer or even over the month of January. How long are internships usually?

To intern as a non-american citizen, you need a Visa that will allow you to work, even for internships without pay. Perhaps you already have a study and work one combined? Find out what you currently have, then go from there... ask your school etc.

Hello everybody ! Does anyone knows if some agencies are looking for models scouts in unusual places in the world ? :D thanks in advance

I confirm Cat Model Management and you could contact AL Models New York as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->