Working in Paris

I'm moving to paris in september, if you are interested, we could look for smth together...

Sorry, but I'm not going to be moving right now, it'll be in 2 years or a little bit less than 2 years with 2 of my friends. I just want to check out how the prices are, etc.. Just doing a bit of research :smile:

Does anyone know how much money one would make if they worked at a hotel, as a receptionist or similar, in Paris? If one had 1-2 years of experience and can speak three languages fluently (of course including french and english) and can communicate well in four other languages?

Does anyone know how much money one would make if they worked at a hotel, as a receptionist or similar, in Paris?

If you're wondering about salaries in France, you can have a look at www.jobfact.com where people post their salaries (like on Glassdoor.com).
Receptionists in hotels earn about 21 000€ per year.

I'm new to the city, so if there is anyboydy here who'd like to become friends, I'm up for that! :smile:

I'm not living in Paris sorry ^_^

How did you find you apartment/roomates?

well I am lucky - I had a french friend looking for a flat so she found a flat for both of us.
Before coming here everybody kep telling me that it is very hard to find a flat in Paris - i didnt believe me, but it's true, it really is. You must need someone french to give guarantees for you, that you have the money.
Plus, most of the flats are unfurnished here - i got a flat (2 separate rooms) for 1200 euros, so in totally we need to pay this when moving in one: 1200 for the first month, 1200 for the last month AND 1200 for the agency!!! that's definately too much, i feel like I am being robbed - AND the flat is unfurnished.
So it might be easier to check some colocation sites (just be carefull with craiglist, where are too many scams there) and try to rent just one room - it would be easier. Though you would have less freedom, for me it was important that I would have the chance to host my friends, family when they would come to vsiti me..

I also had roomates while I was interning in Paris and it's really the best option: no agency fees and you quickly find a room that is often furnished. And in most cases the people you share an apartment with are foreigners or from an area other than Paris, so they have no problem with you hosting friends and family :wink:
I used this website to find roomates: www.appartager.fr

hey,

i heard there is some jobs agency, which specializes in fashion jobs, but not a regular job agency, but its like than any f the showrooms need to hire some people they allways go to that agency. Maybe anybody knows the name? or do you know any good agencies I could trie? Cause I'm looking for a job and it is not going very well now..

yes, I'm constantly checking that... but I was tiold that there is one good agency in particular?

I was contacted once by Pearl Interim. They're specialized in fashion and offer jobs in retail and showrooms. But that's about the only one I know, sorry.

An American Finding an Internship in Paris

Hi,
I'm going to be studying abroad in Paris for 6 months. I want to find an internship in the fashion industry, but I was wondering if anyone could give advice to an American student looking for a French internship.

I would love to work somewhere like Colette. I'm not interested in design, but basically anything besides that. I have a background in business and art history and I've been studying French for about 7 years, so I'm relatively fluent.

I've done internships at art galleries in the U.S., and I basically just e-mailed a bunch of places to see if they were looking for interns. Would it be the same process in France?

I merged your thread into the ongoing thread about this topic. Whether it's paid work or an unpaid internship, you should find some helpful information already in this thread.

My only thought is to talk to your school, where you will be studying. I would think that they will know the ropes about how to find an internship and should be able to offer guidance.

There is another thread where you might ask, but it's not geared to Paris ... the Internships/ Work Experience thread.

Please do a search for your topic, before starting a new thread ... as you can see, most likely we've already got a discussion going.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->