Your investment pieces

Those are definitely classics, but I'm not in love with most of them. I have a Burberry trench, which is great, but that's about the only piece I feel is necessary on the list. Sure, I'd love a Hermès scarf..but I most likely would not wear it in quite a few years.

I consider the ultimate classics..

The Hermes silk scarf
The Birkin
The kelly
The quilted, classical, small or medium Chanel bag
The Burberry trench
The Chanel jacket

If it aint pricey, it aint on this listh huh?

Trench coats are def classics...it'll be nice to have a Burberry one..but I think any well tailored trench will do :smile:

I like all the pieces here...except the loafer since I'm not a man..but I'd REALLY like the Tiffany ring and Rolex...I'd get more use out of them if I had them.

Is the Kelly more classic? I always thought it was the Birkin...since that's the one that most covet...

^ Loafers are worn both men and women.

It is true that all the items included here are pricey and designer items. It is very true that any version of a trench for example, that is well done and tailored, is great.

just_me said:
i'm getting a rolex, so good to know.

How much is the love Cartier bracelet in gold?
The yellow gold Love is 3900 w/o diamonds, 6500 if half the bracelet is pave, 9750 for all pave. My friend wants.

StellaMare said:
Those are definitely classics, but I'm not in love with most of them. I have a Burberry trench, which is great, but that's about the only piece I feel is necessary on the list. Sure, I'd love a Hermès scarf..but I most likely would not wear it in quite a few years.

Agree ... a Burberry trench is the only one I own too :wink: Hermes doesn't do much for me, I have to say :ninja: And neither do Tiffany-set diamonds ... I personally find them awfully boring :innocent:

I also have real issues with the so-called "love" bracelet ... I wasn't aware that love locked you up :huh:

Beautiful Stranger said:
I consider the ultimate classics..

The Hermes silk scarf
The Birkin
The kelly
The quilted, classical, small or medium Chanel bag
The Burberry trench
The Chanel jacket

Very nice list - I agree :flower:

I kind of like the Cartier bracelet after knowing that it's not new. (After their latest campaign I thought it was a brand new product.)

But looking at all of these 'classics' together seems so Upper East Side.

It's a beautiful bracelet, but I think it has to be given to you, not bought. :wink:

I also agree on a Chanel jacket being the ultimate classic, even more so than a Burberry trench.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great items there- although I would add the little black dress and a Schlumberger bracelet to the list.

^^ Oooh, definitely on the LBD.

I think the classic Polo and the sweater. Pantsuit.
Polo.com

Never goes out of style. :heart:

i think we should make a thread with our own list on modern classics.

i think the little black dress and black ballet flats can always be caunted as fashion classics... oh and btw i always thought that hermes birkin is more of a classic than kelly too.. and i agree on the burberry trenchcoat , the rolex watch and chanel tweed jacket !

My 'classic' taste is rather conservative. Cartier eternity rings, but other jewelers make interesting ones as well.

1.jpg

ekantiquejewelry.com

Cartier card cases
cartier_wallet_L3000455.jpg

mensfolio.com

Dunhill lighters
%6096rolli.JPG

home.centurytel.net

Mikimoto graduated white pearls
G90Q18V1G_l.jpg

mikimotoamerica.com

Belgian shoes
brown_12.jpg

belgianshoes.com

i think it's a good list, but i'm not into any of those things on it, except the tiffany ring. i prefer patek philippe though hehe. i guess i find the classics boring? :P i always like to give a twist to my own classics and i don't own much. (i have pearls and a trench and a white blouse, etc)

Tiffany bangles! I have some from my mother and my grandmother!
GarageSale_1155073922_228.jpg

homepage.mac.com

as Carrie from Sex and the City once said : "George Clooney is like a Chanel suit, it'll always be in style."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->