Your Magazine Cover Predictions & Speculations

Could Renée’s exclusion from W’s best performance covers mean a Vogue US one (if JLo doesn’t get it)? She was one of Anna’s favorites once and is still the frontrunner for that Oscar.

I love Cameron but I think she's quit acting for good, right? She seems to actively avoid publicity these days. In the event she does stage a comeback, I expect a Bazaar or InStyle cover would be a sure bet, though.

She has retired indeed, so unless so wants to come back at some point, I doubt we will ever see her on a cover again.

Could Renée’s exclusion from W’s best performance covers mean a Vogue US one (if JLo doesn’t get it)? She was one of Anna’s favorites once and is still the frontrunner for that Oscar.

I was thinking about that. I think Jennifer Lopez might be February (buzz from awards plus Super Bowl) and Renee BIG return to Vogue for March (for winning the Oscar).

I really need the British glossies to give Cynthia Erivo and/or Jodie Turner-Smith covers in the coming months if only to give the Baftas a well-deserved up yours! It's one thing not to nominate them because awards are based on 'artistic merit' (even there the idea that Scarlett and Margot somehow deserve their 2 nominations each is preposterous), but to then have the audacity to ask Cynthia to perform at the event without a nom? It's embarrassing, tasteless, and not a great look!

Last edited:
I think Scarlett’s nominations are deserved, and in 2 separate categories. Even her detractors aren’t denying she gave great performances. Margot getting two nominations in the same category, one for a role in which she only spoke a few words, is preposterous.

To be fair Cynthia and Jodie were leads in their films, so it’s not as though Margot took spots they’d qualify for, regardless.

I’d buy anything Cynthia Erivo

Even her detractors aren’t denying she gave great performances.

I am and trust me, I'm one of her biggest detractors. She certainly didn't deliver a stronger performance in the leading actress category than Jodie. Just my opinion.

Right, fair enough. Unfortunately we online nobodies have no say. Among critics, the media, and her acting peers, her performance is getting tremendous acclaim and as far as I know there is no widespread backlash to her getting nominations. In fact after decades in acclaimed films and becoming the 3rd highest grossing actor ever, she’s never received an Oscar nomination, so some might even find her overdue.

A US Vogue cover could feasibly be part of the game plan for her - and would certainly garner worldwide attention if everyone involved strikes while the iron is hot and can wring something positive from the PR attention - but depending on how things pan out, it might not be part of Conde Nast's long-term interests.

That said, fashion magazines giving coverage to Diana post-divorce wasn't seen as taking sides... although I can't recall whether the cover stories were mostly third-party as opposed to a tell-all interview - by that, I mean the stories were written about her by someone else (albeit on her behalf and from a sympathetic angle) as opposed to a first-person account. There IS a difference. One is the gentle strategy of getting people to do the work for you and appearing blameless, and the other is firmly putting yourself out there.

That said, fashion magazines giving coverage to Diana post-divorce wasn't seen as taking sides... although I can't recall whether the cover stories were mostly third-party as opposed to a tell-all interview - by that, I mean the stories were written about her by someone else (albeit on her behalf and from a sympathetic angle) as opposed to a first-person account. There IS a difference. One is the gentle strategy of getting people to do the work for you and appearing blameless, and the other is firmly putting yourself out there.

I gifted my 1997 issue of Vanity Fair, her last exclusive photoshoot before she died, to a royalist mate of mine. Testino shot her edit, and it was all in aid for iconic dresses which she either donated to a charity or museum, can't remember. But I do recall Cathy Horyn wrote about her. And years before Tina Brown also wrote about her. It wasn't a tell-all. And you're right, there is that difference.
By then Graydon was already EIC but based on this interview, Tina and Anna were on speaking terms with Princess Diana so I think her relationship with the fashion media was like a marriage of convenience. They rally in her defense in exchange for exclusive editorials. Pretty sure she would eventually have appeared on American Vogue sometime in 1998.

I want to say I doubt whether Meghan will appear on American Vogue so soon after making the announcement, but then I'm reminded that she did that exclusive Vanity Fair interview months ahead of her engagement AND a Vogue special edition after 1 year of marriage. So it wouldn't shock me to see her on US Vogue, photographed by Annie. It certainly won't be Vanity Fair.

Also, its the Olympics this year. Anna LOVES some sport.

So.... Jennifer Lopez didn't get an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actress. Meanwhile Florence Pugh did. Still sticking think she'll get the March cover but this is an interesting twist. I imagine there will be a backlash against Lopez missing out on a nomination, especially if the leading category nominations, which haven't been announced yet, are all white actors.

I could see her turning up on the cover of US Bazaar for the 32nd time.

US Vogue:

March: Renee Zellweger
April: Charlize Theron
May: Emma Watson & Meryl Streep
June: Adele
July: Jodie Comer & Sandra Oh
August: Laverne Cox & Indya Moore
September: Top models of the moment: Adut Akech & Kaia Gerber
October: Cardi B
November: Michelle Obama
December: Jennifer Lopez

Edward Enninful continues to praise Karen Elson to no end via Instagram, and at this point it seems like he's raving about her every other day, either via stories or posts. I'm betting on another British Vogue cover with Karen in the near future!

And she did come back to England in the video they posted the other week - perhaps a themed editorial was shot at that time? I love her father.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->