Your Magazine Cover Predictions & Speculations

It would be so cool if instead of these facetime grainy images that are not at all fashionable, if vogue did a fashion illustration issue of models! Especially one with Steven Miesel since he literally majored in fashion illustration.

Anyone else getting the impression that Naomi may be building up to an American Vogue cover? Of course, there was her interview with Anna recently, then the other day she dropped that video about her Valentino look for last year's MET gala, and now Vogue released a new video of her top MET gala looks for their Life in Looks series. (Best part of this video is her saying 'It was too much fabric, I felt' about the initial Valentino look, which is hilarious but a fact when it comes to Pierpaolo's HC)

Also, the rumours of her supposed fallout with Edward are becoming increasingly clear not only because she still hasn't featured him on her newly hyped Youtube channel, but throughout her near-hourlong interview with Adut there wasn't a single mention of his name. Whereas she's falling over herself to congratulate Anna at every opportunity.

Time will tell if he'll pop up on her Youtube channel....though I wouldn't hold my breath.

Also, the rumours of her supposed fallout with Edward are becoming increasingly clear not only because she still hasn't featured him on her newly hyped Youtube channel, but throughout her near-hourlong interview with Adut there wasn't a single mention of his name. Whereas she's falling over herself to congratulate Anna at every opportunity.

She also failed to mention Edward's name when she was talking about the 2017 MET Gala even though the video montage was her literally walking in with him; she just said she didn't go with a designer, but mentioned everyone else who had accompanied her before by name. It couldn't be clearer that they aren't friends anymore.

She also failed to mention Edward's name when she was talking about the 2017 MET Gala even though the video montage was her literally walking in with him; she just said she didn't go with a designer, but mentioned everyone else who had accompanied her before by name. It couldn't be clearer that they aren't friends anymore.

Naomi sounds like the typer of person who will literally cut you out of her pictures if you cross her.

Anyone else getting the impression that Naomi may be building up to an American Vogue cover? Of course, there was her interview with Anna recently, then the other day she dropped that video about her Valentino look for last year's MET gala, and now Vogue released a new video of her top MET gala looks for their Life in Looks series. (Best part of this video is her saying 'It was too much fabric, I felt' about the initial Valentino look, which is hilarious but a fact when it comes to Pierpaolo's HC)

Time will tell if he'll pop up on her Youtube channel....though I wouldn't hold my breath.
I had the same feeling about Naomi getting a September cover. And to be honest, she « deserves » it. I think she is really the one who took real advantage of the situation. There was a real anticipation for her YouTube series and getting Anna just to basically talk about her 1989 cover when she had others in the 90’s was just too obvious...

Naomi by Meisel wearing an American designer would be great (I miss Meisel for US Vogue).

That's a major anniversary, so I'd like to believe that they already shot content for it. If not, I would love to see a retrospective editorial/supplement like Carine did for 90th anniversary (which was absolutely incredible) - which would make sense seeing how Emmanuelle is currently raiding her own archives on Instagram.
Do u have this? I’m dying to see

Do u have this? I’m dying to see

The retrospective supplement? I do. I'll check if there's a scanned version available online since I don't own a scanner, but if there isn't I'll make sure to take pictures of it tomorrow!

The retrospective supplement? I do. I'll check if there's a scanned version available online since I don't own a scanner, but if there isn't I'll make sure to take pictures of it tomorrow!
Thank u. I’ve never saw any pic of this issue. I’m so curious about.

In that interview Anna talks about a show of John, anyone knows what collection is that?

Correct me if I am wrong... does the issue have vintage editorials between the main ones?

Correct me if I am wrong... does the issue have vintage editorials between the main ones?

Not editorials per se, but there are some pages and some articles in between editorials with vintage prints from Horst P. Horst, David Bailey and more. They're usually on theme with the following editorial, for example the opening story is Bal Masque which is the cover story by Mert & Marcus, but before that editorial is a two-page spread with the same Bal Masque title featuring a beautiful print with two masked models by Horst P. Horst! I'll try updating the thread of this issue throughout the day.

Impatiently waiting for Samira’s first issue.

I’m very eager and I hope she doesn’t disappoint! Actually, I’m hoping to see lots of black actresses on covers this fall.

There’s Samira’s Kerry and Tracee connection so I think they’re likely cover subjects sooner rather than later, with Kerry having a slight edge with landing a cover first, since she has a film with Meryl Streep and Nicole Kidman due this year, and Tracee’s movie already came out and she doesn’t have any other projects out this year. That and Joyann King and Nicole Fritton recently started following Kerry on IG. That being said, Tracee has never appeared on Elle US before so she and Issa Rae would be good cover subjects for Elle’s Women in Hollywood issue.

And then there’s Jennifer Hudson and Viola Davis with big projects this year. I can see Viola on Elle US too (Nina Garcia has dropped the ball on inclusive cover subjects so she better pick it back up) or even HB. Jennifer is a wild card but I imagine she’ll appear somewhere (not Vogue, since she only got the cover because of ALT).

Halle Berry’s directorial debut is premiering at TIFF and she’s never had a solo Vanity Fair cover (or any cover, not even the Hollywood covers) so she’s long overdue.

So yeah, I better see lots of black actresses on covers this fall!

I have Jennifer Hudson getting December’s US Vogue cover in my predictions. I’m dying for Viola to get a US Vogue cover but I’m not confident it will happen because she’s been ripe for a cover for 12 years and hasn’t gotten one.

I think Samira may give Rashida Jones a cover. For someone who’s so famous and beautiful, it’s odd she never gets them. But this year she was a co-lead and produced #BlackAF, which just got renewed for Season 2, she produced a show for Quibi, and she’s the lead in the new Sofia Coppola film out this fall. She and Samira are friends, I believe. I could also see her getting an Elle “Women in Hollywood” cover, though.

I would love to see a model on a cover of Samira’s first cover because I believe it’s a strong signal! Actresses are good but a OG cover is really impactful for me.

That being said, I’m much more interested in the photographer and designer she would choose for that cover. This year is really about the question of representation behind the scenes.

Considering that all the talents she is used to work with are linked to CN, it will be interesting to see her take on that.

Any ideas as to what we might expect from British Vogue's September cover? There's a possibility the cover will be unveiled tomorrow.

Any ideas as to what we might expect from British Vogue's September cover? There's a possibility the cover will be unveiled tomorrow.

My only wish is for the cover to be shot by Meisel, I don't even care who's on it at this point. After Juergen's kitchen view, pretty much anyone will do!

After seeing the other September issues am genuinely worried about US

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->