Your most unusual beauty/makeup tricks

0oYCRo0

Reaction score
Mine is to apply concealer to any dark spot or blemish with an eyeliner brush, it's super small, so it covers very precisely.^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this is unusual but I have very light brows and I use a dark gray eyebrow pencil and draw in my brows a bit darker than I want them, and then I use a light facial powder and apply it on top with a blending brush^^

I also use black eyeshadow on top of my black eyeliner.

I sometimes draw the end of my eyeliner a bit higher up since I very often get wet eyes and that smudges the eyeliner if I draw it too low on my eyelid

sometimes i use a slightly darker shade of pressed powder as a bronzer & I use a blush brush for it, it works perfectly.

I use a blush brush for foundation and a foundation brush for bronzer, I mix Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse in my foundation, I never set my foundation with powder, I use a blending brush for concealer and an eyeliner brush for my brows. I'm sure I do a lot of other weird stuff too :lol:

^ you use a blush brush for what kind of foundation?

^Any kind, actually. Just spray the brush with some toner or water beforehand and then buff it in.

- If you have removed one to many eyebrow hairs, apply vaseline on your eyebrows when you sleep - it makes them grow faster.
- If your mascara clumps alot - don't wiggle the brush back and forth, just apply it from the bottom and upwards. This is smart if the brush is large.
- If the ends of your hair tends to get dry and split, sleep with braids and apply leave-in-balsam below the hair rubber band.

hmmm...

applying (liquid or stick) foundation with a slightly damp kabuki brush in circular motions.

cleaning brushes with facial wipes.

I just mentioned this in the pale skin thread here that I thin out water based foundation with a mix of glycerine and water (1 part glycerine to 3 parts water) mix the water/glycerine in a bottle first and then add it drop by drop to foundation on the back of your hand and mix with a brush.

eyeshadow to fill in eyebrows (theres a much wider variety of eyeshadow colours than there are eyebrow powders so finding a good match is much easier)

For dramatic, defined eyebrows take your mascara wand and wipe the excess off then lightly brush it through your eyebrows. Cheaper than an eyebrow mascara but just as effective.

I use a small lip brush to apply concealer.

apply blusher before foundation for a more natural look. Also, applying powder blusher with a sponge gives a nice gentler effect than with a brush.

When applying mascara with a wire based wand (you know the ones that most mascaras had before they started messing around with them!) bend it at the base so you can get right into the corners.

use a concealer pencil instead of a white eyeliner to open your eyes up. Much more natural.

After applying foundation, take a singly layer of tissue paper and blot your skin to get rid of excess oils (if you want a matt look that is) cheaper than using those blotting papers :wink:

- Use dental plastic sticks to separate clumped lashes :smile:

Sudocream - it is your best friend. I use it day and night as kind of a moisturiser. It helps fade dark marks from spots and soothes any blemishes. But god it is just the best thing I have used, plus it's reasonably cheap and a pot lasts me months and I use it all the time even on razor rash.

I also put Vaseline on my eyelids and eyebrows every night, I have a weird OCD thing that makes me feel like my eyelids are drying up so I put that on just for safety plus it's good for the eyebrows especially when you're trying to grow them back in.

I apply my eye make up before foundation... but that is pretty common!

I apply my eye make up before foundation... but that is pretty common!

I do that when I remember;it's a great idea because you realize how little foundation you need, if any.

I guess I will divulge my secrets here:

Use lipstick on lips, blot with fingers and dab it onto cheeks.
AND, dab that on the lower outer corner of my eyes, it looks amazing!
A trick to look well-rested and innocent.:wink:

I noticed my four-year old companion had adorable blush blossoms on his outer lower eyelids; I tried it and it really brightens your look.

^Sorry I don't understand that trick, where exactly do you apply the blush/lipstick remainder? I'd love to try it but I don't know where exactly you're suggesting we apply it. :smile:

I use rosebud lip balm as a foundation for glitter and pigment, blush and sometimes on my eyelids just to get a fresh look^^

Thanks so much for the tip Melisande, I'll def try it out :buzz:

^Sorry I don't understand that trick, where exactly do you apply the blush/lipstick remainder? I'd love to try it but I don't know where exactly you're suggesting we apply it. :smile:

I know, it was confusing...:P
think of dabbing a tiny bit into your lower lash line and that general area, where you'd normally use eyeliner.
(Not on the inner corners, i.e. near the tearducts, ONLY on the outer side...)

...is that better? :flower:

I personally love how it looks, but I never heard of anyone else doing it, so I hope it works for you carmen and loonaka. Let me know how it goes.

Thank you thank you Thank you, I tried it and it does look great, it just makes the whole face really rosy! You only need like the smallest amount, enough to catch the light. :smile:

It's probably not an uncommon trick, but I use a business card against my eyelashes when I am applying mascara. It helps prevent wet mascara from smearing on my lids, is great at separating (when you have the wand against something firm like the card) and makes it so much easier to apply evenly. I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->