Your most unusual beauty/makeup tricks

Thank you thank you Thank you, I tried it and it does look great, it just makes the whole face really rosy! You only need like the smallest amount, enough to catch the light. :smile:

Oooh, so glad it works for you! :woot:
Exactly, just a little bit makes a big difference.

Little four-year old Miki would be pleased to hear it :wink:

Not really unusual but every morning I gently massage my eye area with ice cubes. I do it for about 5 minutes. It makes me look more awake, makes the whites of my eyes brighter, and my under eyes less puffy.

Great tips everyone!

I luuuuuuuv this stuff!

I don´t really have much to offer, but here it goes:

For a quick moisturizing/ purifying mask....and an oportunity to "recycle" a facial lotion that you like but feel a little bit too heavy for or greasy: apply it with a gentle massage (couple of mins) and then let it wash it all away while showering. Dry your face as usual.
You´ll feel your face clean and moisturized after.

Another one....for hair really...spray your fingertips with your usual finishing spray and then with those wet fingers scrunch your roots up, specially at the crown. It really works. I heard this from Kate Moss´s hairdresser....

Please keep the tricks coming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't think this is really a trick but I noticed that my makeup looks a lot better during the day when it's no longer sitting on top of my skin.

So, I do my makeup first and then do other things (like drink coffee, pick out clothes etc.) to give the makeup time to settle. After a while, it doesn't look cakey and blends really well with my skin. Then, right before I leave, I retouch it. :flower: I don't know if that's any help but I found all these tips really helpful! :smile:

Sometimes if I want a fresh-faced look and am just using concealer & nothing else, I will use a bit of Smith's Rosebud Salve on my eyelids for a little bit of shimmer

I use brown eyeshadow as eyeliner and wing it a tiny bit at the end (I even tightline the top lid with it). It's softer and for some reason makes my eyelashes look longer and fuller (harsh eyeliner makes my lashes look short for some reason.) I also use Ardell's brow and lash accelerator as a clear mascara to define my lashes a bit (in lieu of mascara), and ever since, my eyelashes have grown so long!

When I want a more dramatic look, I put gel eyeliner and then run eyeshadow over it with an angled brush and use regular mascara. Sometimes I might line the bottom of my eyes at the ends so it's more cat-eye - I never line the bottom of my eye all the way because it just makes my eyes look really round.

To make my lashes look thicker, I line my upper lashes at the waterline with black liner.

After finishing my makeup, I run the blow dryer over my face on high for a few seconds to warm up and "set" my makeup.

If I accidently get a little mascara on my eyelid, I don't act right away. Let it dry and use a q-tip; it will come off easily without smearing.

i use my finger to blend in eye shados.. and when i DO use a brush its usually slightly dipped in water.. the eye shadow lasts longer for me..

I really hate using black/coloured mascara sometimes as it can clump my lashes together and I hate how stiff they get. So instead of buying a clear mascara, I just curl my lashes using an eyelash curler then sweep a small bit of vaseline on them afterwards using my index finger and thumb. It makes them a look more lustrous and I've found that it does pretty much the same job as a clear mascara. :smile:

After finishing my makeup, I run the blow dryer over my face on high for a few seconds to warm up and "set" my makeup.

Wow, that's such a good idea. I'll have to try that! :woot: :flower: KARMA!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... a lot of my eyeshadows are messy. When I apply them, they fall on my cheeks. To avoid this I tilt my head to the side over a trashcan, so that the loose powder goes into the trash instead of all over my face. :smile:

I dip my eyeliner brush in Visine when I want to use a powder liner. Dries much faster and stays on much better than regular water which gets blotchy.

So... that said, does anybody have a tip for avoiding smudges in the undereye from mascara? I don't feel like I blink heavily but I must because by 7pm, I look like a raccoon. :(

So, I do my makeup first and then do other things (like drink coffee, pick out clothes etc.) to give the makeup time to settle. After a while, it doesn't look cakey and blends really well with my skin. Then, right before I leave, I retouch it. :flower: I don't know if that's any help but I found all these tips really helpful! :smile:

I'm the other way around:P.. I tend to put make up on last, since my skin needs to oil up completely before I start to put anything on it. Otherwise my makeup will just look all wrong during the day.

I'm the other way around:P.. I tend to put make up on last, since my skin needs to oil up completely before I start to put anything on it. Otherwise my makeup will just look all wrong during the day.

:lol: That sounds good too though. Like letting the moisturizer sit before putting anything on. Mmm, I might try that. :woot: :flower:

yeah it's exactly like that

it's like my face needs to fixate before I can put anything on it

That might actually work for me because I think I rush my makeup routine. And so it just looks cakey and not done very well. Thanks for the tip, hun. Karma! :smile:

Ditto to letting moisturizer sit before applying makeup. It makes a world of difference!

Same with the hairdryer trick, except I use it to blow away excess loose powder.

My own trick is using my MAC aquavert eyeshadow (light, pearly mint) as a base concealer for red spots, then applying my usual concealer over. It's nice because I don't have to go and buy another product to cancel out the redness. I think the pearly finish works well, too...it's light and it doesn't make the spot dark or anything.

I like using an old mascara wand to comb my eyebrows. It works really well if I apply a tiny, tiny dab of moisturizer so I can manage the shape better. It also helps make the lighter, "baby" hairs appear darker.

The only other thing I can think of is defining the outline of my lips with foundation or concealer. My lips kinda blur into my skin in some parts, so it's helpful.

Using Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant on the legs. It's so bad on the face, but it makes your legs so smooth and shiny :lol:

Great tips! I'm down with anything that will make you look natural with minimal effort, so i'd definitely try Melisande's tip :flower:

Not that unusual, but i apply shimmery eye shadow above where blush is applied. Not on top, but above. It gives you a cute shimmery/glowy look.

I use left over coffee grinds as a morning exfoliator (twice a week).

I mix in some sugar and some vitamin E body oil and warm it up in my hands then gently apply in circular motions. I avoid any sensitive areas (eyes, lips) and just stick to my cheek bones, forehead and chin. It does a great job brightening me up! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->