Your Signature Piece

Originally posted by MaxHavoc@Oct 19th, 2003 - 11:30 am
I love my jewelry!!! It's my one big vice. Mr Max is very good about having custom pieces made for our anniversary, Valentine's, Mother's Day etc. The piece that commands a lot of attention right now is an elephant bangle he had designed for me. It's inspired from a sleeping, baby elephant statue I own. The elephant is stretched out in 3D casted from a wax mold. It doubles as a weapon, as he went a little overkill on it and it weighs over 300 grams. LOL

I also love larger colored gemstone pendents, South Sea Pearls, and of course every girl's best friend.......DIAMONDS!!!

OOOOHHHHHHHH yay!!! My anniversary is in a couple weeks. Hmmmmmmm maybe I should start dropping hints. :innocent:
to all the jewery divas, and i thought i was bad, i've had and have in one way or another all so recently been into stainless steel rings with diamonds and sswire neck wires with ss pendents with a diamond in ring also tention mount looks nice

It changes from time to time currently it is a 1930's 5 diamond in platinum ring....It is stunning....

I have three brass bracelets that I always wear. One is a cuff-style, made of eight flattened, pounded brass wires twisted and soldered together. I wear that one on my right wrist. One of the ones on my left wrist is a scalloped bangle, the other is a narrow cuff with two little soldered-on bands that have tiny rosettes cast into them.

When I really want to jingle, however, I have some others that I will add to the mix. One is brass and copper, twisted together, another is copper and steel, one is a plain, twisted copper bangle, then I have a super-thin sterling silver one, a small cuff made of two thick steel wires twisted together, and a larger bangle that used to be fake gold, and is now a very pale slightly-yellowed silver color. There's also a fat, braided leather cuff that snaps with a big, brass snap. These bracelets are all optional, but the original three I always wear. I have some other, even junkier ones I add in if I am feeling really insane. Three clear/irridescent daisy-shaped bangles, one clear/fuschia one that looks like cracked ice, and several made of different types of beads, as well as some old-school friendship bracelets.

I'd be really into the comeback of jelly-bracelets, except for the folklore kids have since made up about them being "sex bracelets." Ah, well.

My other signature would be my boots. I wear a pair of black Carolina 8-eyelet workboots with EVERYTHING.

i wear my dangly cube clear crystal bracelet everyday. even to work...where i wash my hands literally 50x a day (i work in a medical office) and it's lasted close to 5 years.

Originally posted by Diesel21@Jan 17th, 2004 - 2:46 pm
my black gucci leather cuff that I wear almost everyday B)
nice, not my style...but i am oddly attracted to it :wacko:

not a fan of mass produced anything especially jewelry.
I LOVE stones...so my signature jewelry is semi-precious stone and other natural pieces...such as amber or pearl. Obsessed with Labradorite right now.

I also dont like matchy-matchy earring, necklace, ring, bracelet looks.

that's beautiful :heart:

my signature is..unfortunately... :blush: my eyeglasses...which i must wear in order to see...i have several pairs, some wire-framed, some tinted, some very conservative(small black frames-very sexy secretary), some a little kooky (clear frames that look like goggles-w/mirror tinting) i've had some custom-made...but, i'm really getting sick of doing an elton john imitation...i would love to have lasix or at least get contacts...but they hurt... :cry:

when i was much younger...in high school... i had blue frames tinted lavendar/pink so that i could 'look at the world through rose-coloured lenses'. why my mother let me do that, i'll never know...i guess she's kooky too... :lol:

I have a couple pieces I wear almost every day.
A thin gold necklace with a diamond abstract pendant and a small heart, the heart belongs to my cousin who died as a baby.
My great great great grand mother's bracelet.
A byzantine gold bracelet, given to me by my husband.
A 5 cts of pink topaz with diamonds, also a gift from my husband.
And last my wedding rings, 3 of them, 2 plain yellow gold bands, with a 1 1/2 cts of diamonds in white gold, between them.

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 5th, 2004 - 7:55 pm
my signature is..unfortunately... :blush: my eyeglasses...which i must wear in order to see...i have several pairs, some wire-framed, some tinted, some very conservative(small black frames-very sexy secretary), some a little kooky (clear frames that look like goggles-w/mirror tinting) i've had some custom-made...but, i'm really getting sick of doing an elton john imitation...i would love to have lasix or at least get contacts...but they hurt... :cry:

when i was much younger...in high school... i had blue frames tinted lavendar/pink so that i could 'look at the world through rose-coloured lenses'. why my mother let me do that, i'll never know...i guess she's kooky too... :lol:
Consider yourself LUCKY that you did not grow up somewhere in former SU. The eyeglasses there were HORRID. It was social death if you had to wear eyeglasses. Here eyeglasses can be very, very cool.

I guess my signature accessorie is my Helmut Lang messenger bag. I could not find a picture of it - it's black canvas with his signature leather bondage strap closings. I also love my leather belt with chains by Ann Demeulemeester, but I don't wear it that often.

my silver horseshoe necklace (even before Carrie from SATC) and silver hoop earrings :smile:

My signature piece has to be my white 24 carat gold cross a christmas prezzie 4 years ago from my hubby, and my 18 carat gold Gucci timepiece, which is vintage now i guess as it is 7 years old :wink: .

I wear a gold ring with diamonds on my left hand. I always wear a necklace with a golden heart on. I always wear these things and they mean a lot to me. The ring is from my parents and the necklace from my bf.

That's some cute sh*t! I have a woven one from Bottega Veneta, but I used to wear it everyday to go clubbing, and it started smelling funny, so, it has been almsot five months since I don't wear it :(

-My Gucci dog tags. Wear them constantly.
-My Marc Jacobs black leather w/pushlock, don't wear it often, but love it.

Besides that, I'm not a big jewlery person.

My signature piece is my parent's engagement ring. It goes a long way back. It's so tiny and the diamonds are even tinier (dad didn't have much cash back in the day). It was given to me on my 16th :heart: as my chastity ring :blush: . It's usually the only jewelry I wear.

This is also my virgin post so hello everyone! I am so excited to be a part of this community!

Let me think...

Right hand, middle finger I either wear a silver and diamond ring I got for Christmas from the best friend (we got each other the same ring as a best friends thing,) or I wear a thick gold ring with a diamond cross on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->