Yves Saint Laurent S/S 10 Paris

^^I think that the issue is that the strawberries feel extremely out of place and contrived. Plus, the use of the strawberries is so sparse that it comes off looking awkward. Had the strawberry been a more cohesive part of the collection, I think I would have less of a problem with it than I do now.

And that's why I don't think it's fair to compare it so, say, Ford's penis necklace and vagina dress...because that collection was about surrealism and sex, so the use of those elements, while shocking, felt appropriate with the rest of the collection and the mood that the whole presentation set. The strawberries are just so out of place here...and that's why so many people are turned off by it. I totally understand that it's a very obvious reference to vintage YSL, but it just wasn't incorporated into the collection well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree on the oddness of this presentation, on the other hand his recent 24H Edition, cruise, pre-fall collections are keeping the house balanced & to me they are much more focused & perfect in an easy way than his major seasonal presentations that has been presented in Palais Tokyo, but guess what?
Pilati has just received the Marie Claire 'Prix d'Excellence de la Mode' 2009 for 'Best Designer of the Year'. The award ceremony took place in Paris last week.

i think the strawberries are SOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE. and most pieces are ''yay!''
but.... the pinapples???? WTF??????????????????? hoooorrrible.
definitely hate #197 too.

im not feeling it... reminds me of nyc minimalist and nothing at all of ysl

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->