catwalking

Last edited by a moderator:
d49.jpg

d50.jpg

d51.jpg

d52.jpg

catwalking

beautiful prints and ikat. Those are mixed so well...classic Dries!

The jewelry, the details.. aaah! :crush:

Now I want a pair of printed, cropped trousers. This is beautiful. It's nothing new for Dries in terms of shape and silhouette but the familiarity appeals to me greatly.

LOVE IT one of my favorites from paris yet. He can do a print like no other.

Great collection, so nonchalant and the prints are mixed in such an amazing way! Especially love these skirts with longer train that look like made from scarfs.

This is just too beautiful, this makes me want to buy lots of clothing with prints and colours for spring.. :wub:

youtube.com/toey2daria

I think I can find some prints in my country.:innocent:

Wonderful when pulled apart as usual.
What are the half-blazers? I don't understand?

wow! batik & borneo prints all over.

you can find a lot of this print in Malaysia & Indonesia as well.
btw if im not mistaken Kokon To Zai did almost the same print for AW09.
Loving it!!

im not the biggest fan of prints but something with the way dries does it.. im such a sucker :flower:

written by Hilary Alexander

telegraph.co.uk

Unusual prints, luxe fabrics and vibrant shades fuse in a show inspired by ancient empires at Dries Van Noten.

We are indebted to 19th century explorers such as Sir Richard Burton and Isabelle Bird for their records of the exotica of forgotten cultures, undiscovered landscapes and mysterious style.
Dries Van Noten is the designer who brings their diaries and adventures back to vibrant life. He unveiled a caravanserai of exquisite fabrics, extraordinary prints and extravagantly wearable clothes in his spring/summer 2010 collection in Paris this afternoon.

From the very first outfit on the catwalk - a pink brocade coat, with golden brocade, slim-cut, cropped trousers – it was obvious we were in for a feast of sumptuous pageantry for the present-day.
Van Noten gathered the most delectable silks, satins, embroideries and handwoven materials from the most far-flung corners of the globe.
One of the handwoven, Uzbekistan “Ikat” printed fabrics he revealed backstage had undergone a two-day journey by donkey, across river-beds and mountain ranges, in order to reach a DHL courier rendez-vous, so it could be transported to his studio in Antwerp.
Other fabrics were handwoven in Sumatra, Bali and India, or developed in consultation with museum curators in China and Japan.
The result was a treasure chest of silk and satin and brocade, printed in dazzling, age-old prints, paisleys and patterns, inspired by long-gone empires and dynasties.
Rainbow-bright colours of a tropical jungle or ancient court, mingled with the duller, khaki shades of earth and sand. Silver and gold beading and intricate embroideries were sprinkled like favours at the court of Genghis Khan. Necklaces, chokers and cuffs continued the extravaganza of opulence: multi-roped pearls worthy of a maharajah, dazzling stones, crystals and diamante.
The shapes were contemporary – cuffed shorts, slim pants, kimono-jackets, shell-tops, sashed jackets, vests and pinafores. Particularly striking was Van Noten’s sari-style evening gowns, where a luxuriant swathe of multi-hued, gilded silk, was caught at the hip of a metallic shell top.
Lovingly created in such brilliant mixes of fabric and colour, the clothes appeared as a kind of fashion path to Samarkand, magical interpretations of what we would all love to wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->