Zac Posen S/S 10 New York

Nothing could be worse than last seasons disaster. That said however this isn't much better.. It's tacky and dated. The collection as a whole is all over the place. Too many current trends randomly thrown in. Not a fan at all.

I'm by no means a Zac fan, and I'll probably never really get behind his brand of fussy femininity, but compared to a lot of his other collections there's something almost mature about this. He resisted his natural urges to go completely MGM costume vault, and that's something.

so well said. i must say that i appreciate his sense of color and honestly, the zac posen basics are there. i would just say that it's very telling to watch how the other "young designers" of his day have evolved so much past their first moments -- look at proenza schouler today, for example. where's zac posen's evolution?

also, i can't overlook the similarities between this collection and marc jacobs' last collection.

total similarities mikeijames - it seems like zac posen and marc jacobs both need to find new muse's to inspire them....some beautiful pieces here but it was really underwhelming :(

Most of the clothes are horrible, of course, though I love the embellished dress on Abbey.

Beautiful presentation. I love the dress on Bruna and the skirt on Sessilee. :buzz:

Pierre Cardin and Halston in one collection... :rofl:

The Cardin-esque dresses in the beginning of the collection could have been really cute but with his taste level, everything always falls flat and loudly so...

I really do wonder who is buying his stuff.... it's so hideous and campy..

You know, i looked at this collection again and it has a few pieces that would look such soooo much better if Zac just stripped away all the unecessary embellishment, headache inducing prints and all those random colour mixes and took the "Less is more" approach.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know,I have mixed feelings
I loved last season's collection,even if everybody seemed to hate that.This one seems less luxurious and glamorous with some pop references,some colours reminds me of that Valentino SS08 show
The last pink gown looks kinda cheap though

I like some of the dresses but most of this looks a bit tacky and like costumes.

i totally see the miu miu sportswear inspired influence here as well..

some of the longer dresses are nice, but that one on Diaine...HORRID!!! however the one on Bruna is brilliant though

I'm more than confused (though I've felt this way about his collections for a few seasons now).
To me this feels like Cavalli without all the sex but I still find it somewhat charming.

I totally understand some coherency issues. But individually I like the outfits, and it's sad that this is one of the few collections in NY in which I can say that.

Does anyone remember his S/S 08 collection? It was so fierce, and he has yet to match it. It's kind of been downhill since...

they all seem a bit ... too much ... tacky in the wrong way no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->