1936-2008 Yves Saint Laurent

I finally saw L'Amour Fou! It was released recently here in New York. Beautiful, striking documentary. It doesn't really focus on YSL's fashion and designs but more on his relationship with Pierre Bergé, how he started his couture house, his inner demons and drug abuse due to a depressive nature and the pressure of the fashion industry (which sadly made me think of Galliano and McQueen), his art collection and lavish houses (so beautiful, I want to move in there!).
Highlights of the movie: the press conference when YSL announces he quits fashion, the images of his funeral and the poignant speech by Pierre Bergé, a young YSL's interview when he keeps on giggling ("I want to die in a big, crowded bed"), seeing his art collection being dismantled and auctioned away for tens of millions per item...

Yves Saint Laurent: The Retrospective

From his early days at Dior in 1958 to stunning evening gowns from 2002: the Denver Art Museum in Colorado from March 25 to July 8, 2012 shows around 200 haute couture gowns of the world-renowned fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent. The retrospective is complemented by numerous photographs, drawings and films in which the artistic development of the designer and the art-historical references of his work are examined in more detail

vogue.de

^ I'll be in Denver for work when this will be on show! I wonder if it will be very similar to the exhibition that took place in Paris in 2010?

^ me too!!! i just found out about this exhibit from my reading of the March 2012 US Vogue. Am very excited that I will be there when the exhibit takes place. I hope the exhibit will be similar if not the same as the one at Petit Palais.

website to the exhibition in Denver:

http://ysldenver.com/

I myself am wondering if the exhibition catalogue will be the same as the one that was released for the Petit Palais exhibit.

Found some old backstage shots at vanityfair.es

http://www.revistavanityfair.es/galerias/a-dos-pasos-de-yves-saint-laurent/7671/image/550865

last night i watched the Pink Panther from 1963 and was really shocked to see Yves Saint Laurent in the credits for the costumes for Claudia Cardinale and Capucine!!!...

woah!...
:woot:
here is a pic of a fitting with Claudia Cardinale...
imdb

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-03-27 at 6.29.10 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-03-27 at 6.29.10 PM.png
    327.7 KB · Views: 22
^^not sure that is really claudia cardinale...
it said so on the image but she looks different in these...
:unsure:

a small montage from marie-claire.es

Attachments

• YvesSaintLaurentCine.jpg
    YvesSaintLaurentCine.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 41
there is one scene at a costume party where Capucine is dressed as a toreador...
it's SO blatantly YSL...a real signature look...

and of course, Capucine looks amazing in EVERYTHING...
:P

can't find a still anywhere, sadly...:ermm:...

the final courtroom scene...
pinterest

Attachments

• 71d2ea1891bb70dbfccad838ba2bffa4.jpg
    71d2ea1891bb70dbfccad838ba2bffa4.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 35
^ Wow, I never knew that, and PP is one of my all time favorite movies!! (I always wanted to grow up to be Sir Charles, with his grey Ferrari convertible and all...and Claudia Cardinale, of course..) :blush:

I liked it better when the title of this thread was All About Yves...
especially now that they have taken the Yves away from the name...
it just proves that this is ALL ABOUT YVES...
and no one else...

:flower:B)
29647bc7e7adbef4316854652e130575_zps9f69e9af.jpg

(src: luckymag.com)

WOW!!!...

:shock:

amazing...thank you eugenius...
:flower:

You're very welcome. As far as i can see, there's NOTHING about that pic that looks particularly dated to me. It could be a pic on Instagram of some hipster, and I'd totally believe it.

looks way better than any hipster i've ever seen!
i wish men looked like this today...

no such luck...
:lol:...

^ Yes, that was a cool time for menswear, but it could not happen now since the huge purchasing power of the Baby Boom Generation was all about being young and fit in those days- the beer guts and lost hair of today would not go well with tight pants and silk 'body shirts'!! :P

it's a pretty androgynous look, from my point of view...

i could easily see bianca jagger or any of charlie's angels wearing the exact same look...
*posibly with a higher heel...
:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->