1936-2008 Yves Saint Laurent

WOW you made up my week BR & I love Mounia poses ... for the full decade of the 80's she was the one who closed his shows with the bridal gown, it is amazing to see how most of these clothes are still so chic & wearable today... what a good investment they are.
by the way who is Abraham?

you're welcome nel and taz !
it's pleasure !

taz : i don't know exactly who's that abraham ... but i saw it on Dior (Couture) ads, too. So I'm wondering if this is not the material factory or something ...
Coz in the past, a lot of materials labels advertized in the magazines and i know some of the famous labels from the 50s have their name on the 70s-80s ad campains of Dior, YSL etc. (like Marcel Blanc Tissus, for instance) ...

YSL L'Officiel 2002 - Spécial Yves Saint Laurent
->
Eté 62
Hiver 62
Hiver 66
Eté 69
Eté 73
Hiver 73

+ two photos of YSL (one backstage, one with Tom Ford)

- jalou archives -

thanks for all the posts B-R :-) many timeless pieces

was there a particular season where he made a lot of art-inspired pieces/dresses? or dresses which had the actual artwork as a print on them. i just saw a three-second clip on FTV and there were a bunch of them, colourful pieces... one deep powder blue with pink bird shapes (Matisse?). the screen was cut into three sections, the center panel had the Mondrian design and then two others ---so it might have been three different collections.

i have a feeling for some reason garments with fine art prints were the rage in the 90s but i don't remember where i read/watched that...

the 2002 collection was his retrospective - in Beaubourg, of course ... - and his last show ever under his own name !
Bergé is doing everything he can for people to know YSL was an artist
(recently during the Andy Warhol exhibition at Le Grand Palais, he asked the curators to take away the YSL portrait he gave them, because YSL portraits were in the "Glamour" section, with Valentino etc., and not in the "Artists" section, with Man Ray, Beuys etc.)

anyway, speaking of retrospective ......
YSL is gonna have a 40yrs retrospective in 2010 at Le Petit Palais, not sure about the dates but I'm pretty sure this kind of exhibition takes place during spring and summer ...
(not sure this news was posted ...) ... I'm pretty sure the curator will be Florence Müller ...

an artist definitely^^

his work was featured a lot in our design classes (funny thinking about it now, since i didn't study fashion).. teaching the students shape, pattern etc. YSL had good examples of all of those

Issue Sept. 2, 1966

source | books.google.com/lifemagazine
orig post by MMA

Last edited by a moderator:
yesterday they was a press release for the upcoming retrospective i talked about some weeks ago.

it will be from march 2010 @ Le Petit Palais - it will be about 40 yrs of work, abt travels and their influence, and influence about the artistis relationships.

by the way the last retrospective of YSL in Paris, was in the 80s.
- the show in 2002 at Beaubourg is not included, of course. -

I recently got a vintage YSL dress for a real bargain (not even 100 Euros) in incredible quality and now I am wondering from when it is...
The label says Yves Saint Laurent - rive gauche (with the red squares next to it) and Made in France, RG H94 2 350

It's made from wool and silk, kneelength, all black - the top is made of thick velvet, with shoulderpads, and is closed in the back with big octagon buttons, the lower part is made from wool with some very flattering pleating at the waist

i already love it, if it's fake or not or from whatever year it dates. but i am curious - i'd say it's from the beginning of the 90s, looking a lot like the collection from 95 posted in #458

where can i find old collection pictures on the net? the here often quoted ysl-hautecoutoure.com seems to be off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->