84th Annual Academy Awards (2012) #2

I'm ridiculously mad but I had a really great time with you all as always. See you next year!! Good afternoon, good evening and good night :wink: :heart: :heart:

I'm so happy for Jean. I liked him when I was a child but never thought he would go so far. :heart:

Yes, cheers all - it was fun from carpet to finish. Thanks to everyone who posted links, gifs, and pictures, etc.!

No major surprises in terms of winners. I was pretty pleased to see that my girls Octavia and Meryl did well (although I'm not going to lie that I was a little disappointed that Viola didn't win for a moment and then I realized pretty much everyone in that category would have made a good winner). However, by the middle of the show I was praying that Hugo wouldn't win anymore awards or else it would have been an even duller night. I know Hugo is suppose to be really good but I was a little surprised to see that it did so well (I'm personally blaming it on the fact that everyone kisses up to Scorsese). Also, the one category I was really bummed out about was Best Original Screenplay, it should have gone to Annie Mumolo and Kristen Wiig! Also, I was so pleased to see that The Artist took home quite a few Oscars (although it wasn't much of a shock). All in all... a pretty predictable but fun awards show. Also, how fab was Billy's hosting? So good! ^_^

Same as the other french people on board, never imagined Jean could get an Oscar one day, he was just that cool funny handsome guy on TV (Nous C Nous, Un gars, une fille) haha
well done :smile:

rxkjJ.jpg

ababiarz on Tumblr

Don't know if it's true, but one link said Angelina's eyes looked "moist" after he mocked her?? i posted the link on her thread.

on e! they said bradley & zoe were gonna walk red carpet together mmm...:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Meryl is killing it in the press room right now.

Asked if she wants to give Katherine Hepburn a run for her money.
Meryl goes ''Does she have more?'' answer - ''Yes''. Meryl ''well sure'' LOL.

84th Annual Academy Awards Winners - Press Room photos

140018279.jpg

Robert Richardson, winner for Cinematography for 'Hugo'

140023350.jpg

Christopher Plummer, supporting actor for 'Beginners'

140031060.jpg

Asghar Farhadi, director of foreign film winner 'A Separation'

140025025.jpg

Ludovic Bource, winner of the Best Original Score Award for 'The Artist'

140021739.jpg

Octavia Spencer, supporting actress for 'The Help'

140029644.jpg

Alex Henning, Rob Legato, and Ben Grossman, winners of the Visual Effects Award for 'Hugo'

140031217.jpg

Oorlagh George, Terry George, Best Short Film, Live Action 'The Shore'

140031220.jpg

Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, Daniel Junge, Best Documentary, Short Subjects 'Saving Face'

140031216.jpg

Bret McKenzie, Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Song, 'The Muppets' ("Man or Muppet")

140031231.jpg

Eugene Gearty and Philip Stockton, winners of the Sound Editing Award for 'Hugo '

140031226.jpg

Brandon Oldenburg, William Joyce, Best Short Film, Animated 'The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore'

140021886.jpg

J. Roy Helland; Mark Coulier, best makeup for 'The Iron Lady'

140032270.jpg

Thomas Langmann, producer, best picture for 'The Artist'

140032510.jpg

Gore Verbinski, best animated film 'Rango'

140024729.jpg

Angus Wall, Kirk Baxter, best editing for 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'

Gettys

140029730.jpg

Mark Bridges, winner for costume design for 'The Artist'

140033116.jpg

Jean Dujardin, best actor 'The Artist'

140023176.jpg

Daniel Lindsay, T.J. Martin, Rich Middlemas, best documentary 'Undefeated'

140019355.jpg

Production designer Dante Ferretti and set decorator Francesca Lo Schiavo, winners for Art Direction for 'Hugo'

140034275.jpg

Michel Hazanavicius, best director 'The Artist'

140031020.jpg

Tom Fleischman and John Midgley , winners for Sound Mixing for 'Hugo'

140032842.jpg

Meryl Streep, best actress 'The Iron Lady

140036934.jpg

Nat Faxon, Jim Nash, Alexander Payne, adapted screenplay, 'The Descendents'

140034719.jpg

Gettys

Angelina's leg :rolleyes:

Same as the other french people on board, never imagined Jean could get an Oscar one day, he was just that cool funny handsome guy on TV (Nous C Nous, Un gars, une fille) haha
well done :smile:

That's so true, it's unbelievable to see him winning an Oscar! We discovered him in on TV with these funny little programs so it's amazing! Chouchou & Loulou :heart::blush:

Do you kno when and where we will get some 'top best dressed'? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->