83rd Academy Awards #2

Like LaineyGossip said, if their presenting had been succesful, would he have went to class? Probaly not.

My best dressed was Cate Blanchett by miles. She wears these clothes like such a Queen. So sophisticated and she makes it look so wearable while Cate is probably one of the few who will probably rock it the way she did.

^ I thought Liv looked like a dream btw. Great dress - and I usually think black is boring -- great hair, great jewellry, just so beautiful, with this humble looking pose, lol!

i agree. she actually gave a lesson how to wear all black. in your face Aniston, in your face Angie :P

As regards Melissa Leo's dress, it reminds me of a similar dress of a more famous designer, but I can't put my finger on it..
It just came to me...it reminds me of this Gaultier dress Rihanna once wore:

Rihanna%252C+Hotties.jpg

zimbio

...now that I look at it even more, the Marchesa dress Sandra Bullock wore last year ripped this dress off!

He flew back to NY because he had classes the day after.
I don't think he's the guy who cares about the critics.

Of course he said that on his twittter, it could be any reason but classes? dear you're hosting the most important event for a movie star

He doesn't seem the type who cares about the critics from media or people, but any actor is going to care the critics from those who are going to give you the work and he was in front of them all

just imagine ricky gervais had hosted the oscars... :woot: ok, some of his jokes at the golden globes were a little too much... but I have to admit I found most of them pretty funny :lol:

I think Gervais will never host the Oscars because they can't stand to be making fun of. And that's what he does. The Academy and the people behind it take themselves too seriously.

just imagine ricky gervais had hosted the oscars... :woot: ok, some of his jokes at the golden globes were a little too much... but I have to admit I found most of them pretty funny :lol:

he is funny, really funny but also some comments are rather rude. while i find it funny it doesn't make it any less insulting.

I think Gervais will never host the Oscars because they can't stand to be making fun of. And that's what he does. The Academy and the people behind it take themselves too seriously.

unfortunately you nailed it! I wish he was allowed to be hosting it though...would love to see some of those botox-faces even freeze a bit more by some of his comments :innocent: yeah, sounds a bit bitchy, but hey, they should be adults enough to take it - they live from trying to give and show the best faces in the end...those oscars were only nice because of some outfits but the ceremony itself sucked for me...boring, boring and without any highlights whatsoever...besides being happy for Firth and Portman in my case

unfortunately you nailed it! I wish he was allowed to be hosting it though...would love to see some of those botox-faces even freeze a bit more by some of his comments :innocent: yeah, sounds a bit bitchy, but hey, they should be adults enough to take it - they live from trying to give and show the best faces in the end...those oscars were only nice because of some outfits but the ceremony itself sucked for me...boring, boring and without any highlights whatsoever...besides being happy for Firth and Portman in my case

I agree. They're adults and privileged ones... They should be able to take some funny criticism. Besides, it's not like what Gervais said this year at the Golden Globes was false. My favourite part was the bashing of The Tourist :P
As for highlights, the NYU dude with curly hair that I don't even recall the name... that was my highlight of the ceremony :wink:

I agree. They're adults and privileged ones... They should be able to take some funny criticism. Besides, it's not like what Gervais said this year at the Golden Globes was false. My favourite part was the bashing of The Tourist :P
As for highlights, the NYU dude with curly hair that I don't even recall the name... that was my highlight of the ceremony :wink:

I'm so with you on this one ....high five with that fake amigo-look Gervais would do :lol: almost the whole Hollywood community strikes me off as totally stuck up and incredibly easily irritated and oversensitive but not only concerning their art rather then never having them people directly critizising them and therefor don't even know how to react if being called out for some of their faults workwise or personally...and the funniest thing ultimately is that they stop being great actors when being confronted by someone as Gervais ...some faces are priceless - the forced smirks are to die for ...then you have on the other hand people like De Niro who obviously really respond well to people like him as they themselves maybe do not buy into the whole circus that much...

It just came to me...it reminds me of this Gaultier dress Rihanna once wore:

...now that I look at it even more, the Marchesa dress Sandra Bullock wore last year ripped this dress off!

well spotted ! :shock: It's shockingly similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oreo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->