A Panda Snack top is made of bamboo

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
Published: Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A Panda Snack In a T-shirt
By Julee Greenberg

NEW YORK — garment made of 100 percent bamboo.
"It was so soft it was unbelievable," Knupp said. "We were immediately excited about it, and knew we wanted to work with it."
The result is Panda Snack, a collection of T-shirts for women and men wholesaling from $22 for a basic tank or camisole to $54 for a polo. Ranging in colors from tangerine, teal and shell pink to basic black and white, Knupp said this collection is the beginning of a lifestyle brand. He said they will expand into categories such as lingerie, children's wear and bedding after the line of tops launches for spring selling.
Knupp said the bamboo fabric washes the same way as cotton, but as an added bonus, there is no odor from sweating.
"The fabric is odorless and 99.5 percent resistant to bacteria," he said.
The partners stressed that, while the fabric they use is made of bamboo and is grown without the use of pesticides or other potentially harmful agents, Panda Snack is a fashion brand.

"We aren't marketing this line as a crunchy green kind of company, we are first and foremost a fashion company," Boria said. "It's just an added benefit that the fabric we are using is good for the environment."
Boria and Knupp plan to donate a portion of sales to the preservation of the panda, which is an endangered species. Found only in China, in the wild, it is estimated that fewer than 1,600 pandas remain.

wwd.com

^
i like that they seem responsible...
it also sounds very very soft and comfortable...

i hope they remain true to their "we are not crunchy green" line...
it would be a shame for them to focus all their energy on the bamboo fabric and forget to *style* their clothes...

thanks softgrey...

very interesting..........I'd love to get my hands on it just to feel it.........this Spring I sold some denim coulottes that wer 10% bamboo and they felt like soft linen....they were called "bamboozled":lol:

.......and I :heart: pandas!!!!!!!

calexico said:
^
i like that they seem responsible...
it also sounds very very soft and comfortable...

i hope they remain true to their "we are not crunchy green" line...
it would be a shame for them to focus all their energy on the bamboo fabric and forget to *style* their clothes...

thanks softgrey...

actually, i think it's more interesting if they forgot about *style* and concentrated on experiementing with bamboo. i can almost gurantee what they would come up with would be infinitely more interesting and worthwhile.

travolta...
that would be for a textile company to do...

these guys design t-shirts...^_^..

we may yet see more experimentation with bamboo...
i agree that it would be intersting...

Sounds great. I like that they offer tangerine as a color! ^_^

I thought this was going to be edible T-shirts for Panda's ...

It sounds cool, I'd love to have a feel of the fabric.
Thanks for posting Soft.

softgrey said:
travolta...
that would be for a textile company to do...

these guys design t-shirts...^_^..

we may yet see more experimentation with bamboo...
i agree that it would be intersting...

yep. yep. you can't knock guys who just want to design some cool t-shirts. B) but i have a soft spot for material processes, it's just the way i am. :innocent: :D

More bamboo..

From Br. Vogue Oct 2006 (The horrible self glorifying Miss V article)
At dinner, Charlotte Stockdale was very taken with my Thakoon skirt and asked about its composition. I unzipped it there and then and discovered it was made of bamboo. She was elated. Her boyfriend Marc Newson is looking at doing lots with bamboo - it's the new material. ...

So I guess we'll be seeing more of this..

thanks hanne...

it's interesting and it makes sense...
bamboo is a great and plentiful crop that takes little care and grows heartily and quickly..

purechris said:
very interesting..........I'd love to get my hands on it just to feel it.........this Spring I sold some denim coulottes that wer 10% bamboo and they felt like soft linen....they were called "bamboozled":lol:

.......and I :heart: pandas!!!!!!!

Bamboozled is a better brand! :D I :heart: bamboo, they are easy to grow and is a completely useful plant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->